Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #10441
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
So what do you guys think the bittersweet ending will be? Everyone keeps saying either Dany or Jon have to die, but that's not sweet at all. Martin was inspired by LOTR, he wants to make a similar ending. That would mean Jon becoming king with Dany by his side just like Aragorn. But with Westeros in ruins and most characters never being the same again. I could see Jorah, Theon and Jamie dying heroically.

they kill the undead, kill cerseii, Dany marries Jon, they take the throne together, and then Dany gets murdered by Jon's faction, then he turns into a mad king since he's all mad where he goes crazy killing everyone including arya and sana, reinforcing the idea history repeats itself
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #10442
eliteballer
NBA All-star

The last two books may be significantly different than the show for what it's worth.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:02 PM   #10443
red1
raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
But they married for LOVE!!!!11111
Just like Jon snow. He wakes up with a boner in the middle of the night: "fuck this shit, daenerys is next door. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, I'm going in boys."

Tyrion: "You got this bro."
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:33 PM   #10444
$LakerGold
Home of the 16

Cersei, stay in KL, you dumb ****.

$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:54 PM   #10445
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

the other thing u have to wonder is wtf Cerseii's advisor did to the Mountain and how that knowledge, spell, or whatever might help them against the undead. when he picked up that chopped off hand it seemed like he knew something but also surprised/troubled. just seems like theres more going on there with shit he knows related to the Mountain serving Cerseii as undead.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #10446
Nick Young
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
the other thing u have to wonder is wtf Cerseii's advisor did to the Mountain and how that knowledge, spell, or whatever might help them against the undead. when he picked up that chopped off hand it seemed like he knew something but also surprised/troubled. just seems like theres more going on there with shit he knows related to the Mountain serving Cerseii as undead.
My theory is Cersei doesn't have control of the Mountain by Qyburn actually does. He will use the Mountain to kill Cersei if she ever turns on him. Qyburn is kind of like a Podesta, the true power behind the scenes that no one expects. Cersei is just his puppet. It would explain how she has kept winning ever since adding Qyburn to the team, despite her being an idiot. Qyburn might be a lowkey Littlefinger in other words.

He just picked up the hand because he thought it was awesome and wanted to make sure it wasn't a trick. He just loves sick experiments and science so thought the dead ice zombie was cool. I think what he did to the mountain is different to what white walkers do.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:29 AM   #10447
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

that was definitely my favorite episode of the show.

I really thought jamie was about to die.

season 8 I will try not to read a leaked script because I did this season and it was 100 percent correct. I knew littlefinger was going to die, it is very ironic that he was working so hard to get to throne only to help someone else get there instead.

I could see a similar fate in the book happening.

the big question i think is what tyrion was thinking at the end when he watched jon go in the room. He definitely promised Cersei somthing.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:31 AM   #10448
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
My theory is Cersei doesn't have control of the Mountain by Qyburn actually does. He will use the Mountain to kill Cersei if she ever turns on him. Qyburn is kind of like a Podesta, the true power behind the scenes that no one expects. Cersei is just his puppet. It would explain how she has kept winning ever since adding Qyburn to the team, despite her being an idiot. Qyburn might be a lowkey Littlefinger in other words.

He just picked up the hand because he thought it was awesome and wanted to make sure it wasn't a trick. He just loves sick experiments and science so thought the dead ice zombie was cool. I think what he did to the mountain is different to what white walkers do.

you're probably right he does seem like that mad scientist type more interested in his experiments, and also playing the politics since he's been the main dude reporting all the intel to cerseii.

i just really wonder how they turned the mountain into a undead, if its not similar in any way to the NK/WW skills.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:34 AM   #10449
Patrick Chewing
#MAGA #TIGERBLOOD

No one else in Dany's camp knows that Cersei is pregnant. That could be the reason Tyrion has that solemn look on his face. Maybe he's thinking if Dany gets pregnant then it will just be more of the same. More wars for the crown.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:14 AM   #10450
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
the big question i think is what tyrion was thinking at the end when he watched jon go in the room. He definitely promised Cersei somthing.

Whole thing is pretty funny

https://imgur.com/a/i5dsO
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:45 AM   #10451
dunksby
NBA Legend

Quote:
It might be among the common people, but lot of the great houses went through with it. Wasn't Tywin married to his cousin? And as he said "The lion doesn't care about the opinions of the sheep".

At least Targaryens have a good reason for it to keep the bloodline pure for that dragon connection. It's obvious Dany is going to get pregnant, Jon can't just quit now.
Hmm, cousins is not brother/sister or aunt/nephew, there is no good reason for incest by the way. If you want rationalise it, go ahead, but as I said; the type of incest the Targs dabbled in was abhorred. They got away with it because they were Targs, it is known.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:08 AM   #10452
Graviton
☯‿☯

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Hmm, cousins is not brother/sister or aunt/nephew, there is no good reason for incest by the way. If you want rationalise it, go ahead, but as I said; the type of incest the Targs dabbled in was abhorred. They got away with it because they were Targs, it is known.
Aunt/nephew is pretty close to cousin/cousin. They have a different father and mother. Definitely not on same level as brother/sister. It's not about what's good or bad. The fact is they are both Targaryen, their whole family was built on incest. Jon is named after the guy who married both his sisters. I don't see what the big deal is, Martin himself said the whole point of his story are Jon/Dany. He obviously wants this incest.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:10 AM   #10453
dunksby
NBA Legend

Quote:
Aunt/nephew is pretty close to cousin/cousin. They have a different father and mother. Definitely not on same level as brother/sister. It's not about what's good or bad. The fact is they are both Targaryen, their whole family was built on incest. Jon is named after the guy who married both his sisters. I don't see what the big deal is, Martin himself said the whole point of his story are Jon/Dany. He obviously wants this incest.
Martin is ****ed in the head, that is a fact. Westeros people abhor incest, it is stated clearly a few times, it's not something that is accepted; alas, an incestuous couple replacing another incestuous couple on throne is not going to improve things in Westeros either way.

PS: ****ing your dad's sister is pretty ****ed up.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:23 AM   #10454
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
They are closer genetically than aunt and nephew, they're almost like brother and sister due to previous Targ incest. Someone did a calculation on reddit and they have like 0.44 index or so, while brother and sister have 0.50 and aunt-nephew should have 0.25 if I'm not mistaken.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:37 AM   #10455
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

https://www.reddit.com/r/incest/comm...during_family/

i blame got
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: