Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Acb.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Default Re: Acb.

It wasn't like David Stern's predecessor didn't have stars like Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Wilt Chamberlain, Julius Erving, and Bernard King. The nba wouldn't be around today if it weren't for David Stern but the guy stayed to long. The nba isn't in crisis today but the league is lean and are one or two bad times away from being in crisis. Europe suffering, Bertomeau two favorite markets, France and Germany have declined but other market are in good shape. The problem in the euroleague is teams always tried to build from the outside-in and not the inside-out

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    It wasn't like David Stern's predecessor didn't have stars like Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Wilt Chamberlain, Julius Erving, and Bernard King. The nba wouldn't be around today if it weren't for David Stern but the guy stayed to long. The nba isn't in crisis today but the league is lean and are one or two bad times away from being in crisis. Europe suffering, Bertomeau two favorite markets, France and Germany have declined but other market are in good shape. The problem in the euroleague is teams always tried to build from the outside-in and not the inside-out
    Not all of them. madrid have sergi llull.barca have produced sada,navarro,Grimau,recruited Trias,Vazquez, and other spanish players. DKV produce rudy,Ricky,Pau ribas,Pere Tomas, Franch,Norel etc etc. In Spain they still produce players at club level.The countries that don't are just not basketball countries like france and germany.Enough with having 2 french teams is what I say.

barca won the derbi and almost confirmed 2nd place,madrid with defeat are down to 4th.I think the final could very well be another great best of 5 tie between barca and tau,this time with TAU having homecourt.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Basketball in the euroleague host countries is big business and Ricky Rubio should stay where business is growing and not declining.
    Well, Ricky Rubio is going to the NBA Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    Well, Ricky Rubio is going to the NBA Draft.
    He is making a huge mistake. He might be drafted and not go this year.Joventud are not going to let him go unless he pays his clause.Ricky should go to a big european club for a few years and then if he wants to go to the NBA then go.

there are two big issues with ricky entering the draft:
    - the money, since his clause is huge with respect to the salary he would earn in the NBA, even being a top 3. He could be paying Joventut for years!! Not to mention if he falls from the top 3.
    - the teams that could pick him. Out of the 6 teams with more chances to be in the top 3 of the draft, only Sacramento and Minny are for me a good place to go for him to develop as the rising star he is, since all the other teams already have a reasonably good PG or a black hole (Arenas) to handle the ball. Obviously, the draft night trades could play a big role on the final result, but we can not guess now.

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    there are two big issues with ricky entering the draft:
    - the money, since his clause is huge with respect to the salary he would earn in the NBA, even being a top 3. He could be paying Joventut for years!! Not to mention if he falls from the top 3.
    - the teams that could pick him. Out of the 6 teams with more chances to be in the top 3 of the draft, only Sacramento and Minny are for me a good place to go for him to develop as the rising star he is, since all the other teams already have a reasonably good PG or a black hole (Arenas) to handle the ball. Obviously, the draft night trades could play a big role on the final result, but we can not guess now.
    I agree. my way of seeing it is that he is only 18,he needs to develop more,I know that he is a special type of 18 yr old as he has had more experience than most 18 yr olds.still he needs to improve.now is he going to get better going to the nba or playing in europe ? I think he should stay until he is 20 or 21.I also think he should go to barca or cska olympiakos or pana for a couple of years first.

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    I agree. my way of seeing it is that he is only 18,he needs to develop more,I know that he is a special type of 18 yr old as he has had more experience than most 18 yr olds.still he needs to improve.now is he going to get better going to the nba or playing in europe ? I think he should stay until he is 20 or 21.I also think he should go to barca or cska olympiakos or pana for a couple of years first.
    Well, probably you're right, but I think this guy can play good bball right now in the NBA and can develop into a star there as good as he can do it here in Europe. Of course, being more mature could help to make an instantaneous impact in the US, but it could also make him a type of player unable to shine there, like it happened to Jasikevicius. I know Jase was much older by that time, but Ricky is playing pro here so many seasons that it could not work for him also.

My predictions:
    Tau d. Bilbao
    Real d. Joventut
    Barcelona d. Valencia
    Unicaja d. Gran Canaria

Real d. Tau - Reyes and Splitter should be a great match up with Felipe once again showing that he's the best big man in the ACB
    Barcelona d. Unicaja

Real d. Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    My predictions:
    Tau d. Bilbao
    Real d. Joventut
    Barcelona d. Valencia
    Unicaja d. Gran Canaria

Real d. Tau - Reyes and Splitter should be a great match up with Felipe once again showing that he's the best big man in the ACB
    Barcelona d. Unicaja

Real d. Barcelona
    hahaha grinder you are too partizan!! almost as much as I am with barca.I say Barca Tau and anything can happen.it will be hard for barca to do them again after the euroleague but why not?Madrid will struggle against joventut

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    Well, probably you're right, but I think this guy can play good bball right now in the NBA and can develop into a star there as good as he can do it here in Europe. Of course, being more mature could help to make an instantaneous impact in the US, but it could also make him a type of player unable to shine there, like it happened to Jasikevicius. I know Jase was much older by that time, but Ricky is playing pro here so many seasons that it could not work for him also.
    He is leaving 2 years too early.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    My predictions:
    Tau d. Bilbao
    Real d. Joventut
    Barcelona d. Valencia
    Unicaja d. Gran Canaria

Barcelona d. Unicaja

Real d. Barcelona
    I think it will be TAU-Barca in the final and TAU should have the win this time because they have home court. But still it's about a 50/50 series.

Tonight is the draft for the nba.Is Victor claver not the most overrated young player in spain?? He is a very ordinary player,yet he is in the draft?delusions of grandeur on his part I think.

Tonight is the draft for the nba.Is Victor claver not the most overrated young player in spain?? He is a very ordinary player,yet he is in the draft?delusions of grandeur on his part I think.
    I was really high on him a couple of years ago. But the latest seasons have been disappointing. maybe due to bad coaching, but he looks now much worse than he did. Just this afternoon I commented to a friend that he would end up undrafted if he does not withdraw his name.

The draft isn't today, today is just the draft lottery. The draft will be held towards the end of June.