Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 AM   #1
JMEWLS

Default Do we really need Vince?

There's so much hype about Vince Carter coming to Orlando, but do we really need him?

I say we should just be patient and go after someone much cheaper but can also get the job done. Some along the lines of Rashard Lewis, Gerald Wallace?

These players are much cheaper, and they are pretty decent scorers. Gerald isnt the best scorer, but his coming along and he's still young.

If someone could share the "1st option role" with Dwight we could be a contender for the East. If where going to make a trade before the deadline im hoping its for a pretty decent point guard. But i doubt we'll be making any trades before the deadline.

I say we just wait on a player that is still quiet young and can score the ball by not taking as many shots a Vince.

Bottom line, i dont think Vince is our guy.

What do you think, Vince should come to O-TOWN?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation
Default Re: Do we really need Vince?

No.. thats it.. He'll wreck the team i think, Gerald Wallace wouldn't work though bcoz we still have Trevor Ariza playing and i think Ariza will be along the lines of Wallace in a couple of years.. I however think that Rashard Lewis would suit the team nicley
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 AM   #3
magic718k
Can barely lace up my sneakers

magic718k has an OK reputation so far

I to would not like vince he is great and everything but im not sure orlando can suit vince. There for making a future trade for crap ? And i here from people that we are giving up good players for him and i do not want this! eh as long as we have dwight im fine
magic718k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
dsparksd49353

dsparksd49353 has an OK reputation so far

JMEWLS you want gerald wallace so bad ha. I think he would be a good fit too, but i also see Ariza developing into a younger version of him if not better. I think our patience will pay off. Vince isnt right for the team at this time. He is now nothing but a scorer and doesnt make the players around him any better. I would still love to see Ray Allen come to town. I think after another down season for the Sonics he will be available. Lets just save money for when Lebron becomes a free agent in 2010 or whenever it is lol!!
dsparksd49353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsparksd49353
JMEWLS you want gerald wallace so bad ha. I think he would be a good fit too, but i also see Ariza developing into a younger version of him if not better. I think our patience will pay off. Vince isnt right for the team at this time. He is now nothing but a scorer and doesnt make the players around him any better. I would still love to see Ray Allen come to town. I think after another down season for the Sonics he will be available. Lets just save money for when Lebron becomes a free agent in 2010 or whenever it is lol!!
I reckon he would be a perfect fit, can you imagine our swingman duo... Ariza and Wallace, thats fantastic defensively and also they'll be able to score and get the ball inside. Only problem i have in them is the 3point shooting, they are not strong 3point shooters but i guess you can alway improve.

Ray Allen would be very nice to, either one of the Duo in Seattle would be very nice. Both are great perimeter shooters, which is something that where lacking. But would prefer Lewis, based on he can block better and can put the pressure off Dwight and grab some boards.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:27 AM   #6
dsparksd49353

dsparksd49353 has an OK reputation so far

I too prefer Lewis over Allen also because of Age. We will get a top flight scorer this summer for sure.
dsparksd49353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:38 AM   #7
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsparksd49353
I too prefer Lewis over Allen also because of Age. We will get a top flight scorer this summer for sure.
Thats what im hoping for, but knowing Ortis anything could happen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: