Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-25-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
Dime Dropper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dime Dropper has an OK reputation so far
Default Artest to Minny?

Quote:
Kevin Garnett did his best to shoot down a rumored trade that would have sent him to Boston for Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, the No. 5 pick and filler. Garnett reportedly prefers a trade to Phoenix, while the Bulls donít appear to be in the running. According to a league source, Minnesota may try to swing a deal for Ron Artest if it keeps Garnett.

Link: http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls.asp?id=326052

Would you guys give up the 7th pick for him? Or would you want the 10th pick along with Artest for the 7th (obviously players would have to be included for salaries in both cases)? Or do you want him at all? Minny would certainly be back in the POs with him beside KG.
Dime Dropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Artest to Minny?

I say go for it. I would like to see Artest play in Minny and let Trenton Hassell come off the bench. Artest can score and defense of course while Trenton just defense. Artest might could be the piece KG need to make the playoffs.

PG-Foye
SG-Davis
SF-Artest
PF-KG
C-Blount
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
Dime Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I say go for it. I would like to see Artest play in Minny and let Trenton Hassell come off the bench. Artest can score and defense of course while Trenton just defense. Artest might could be the piece KG need to make the playoffs.

PG-Foye
SG-Davis
SF-Artest
PF-KG
C-Blount

That's a pretty strong lineup. But you would have to give up the 7th pick and Hudson. From Wolves view I would do this, no one at 7 is going to help Minny get back in contention with KG in his prime. You also get rid of a nasty contract in Hudson. And as a Kings fan I would also do this, we don't need Artest since we're rebuilding and the 7th pick would be nice to have. But Hudsons contract makes this iffy, but I'd still do it.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Its not enough to compete in the west
why absorb the cap space and a head case jus so you can get destroyed in the west

Foye not ready yet
I like Ricky
Artest
and Garnett

but Blount is inconsistent and stinks
and the bench is a joke and your not gonna have enough cap space left over to finish improving the team
unless the following yr Garnett opts out and takes a giant pay cutt

just blow it up
its over
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
Dime Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elz
Its not enough to compete in the west
why absorb the cap space and a head case jus so you can get destroyed in the west

What are you talking about salary for! Hudsons contract stinks and that could actually stop Sactown doing the trade! Ron has one of the most attractive contracts in the L for his talent. You're improving your cap situation doing this trade, not making it worse. And we'll just have to agree to disagree on the Wolves having a good team with that lineup, I think they'd be pretty good, even in the West.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: