Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 367683848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1357

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Oh man Louisville vs Cincinnati is horrendous to watch, neither team can run offense. The Big East tournament is ruined by undeserving teams going into the finals.
    "Undeserving teams" that won all their games.

I guess it should be based on how they performed in past Big East tournaments?

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    My OHIO BOBCATS are going dancing for the 2nd time in 3 years!

Just like when we played them in the regular season, Florida State is hitting any and every shot they throw up.
    Last edited by KG215; 03-11-2012 at 01:32 PM.

UNC isn't winning this game. For whatever reason FSU plays like the #1 team in the country when they play North Carolina. They are 17/28 from the field and 5/10 from three. I don't know why I even thought beating them today without Henson was a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    UNC isn't winning this game. For whatever reason FSU plays like the #1 team in the country when they play North Carolina. They are 17/28 from the field and 5/10 from three. I don't know why I even thought beating them today without Henson was a possibility.
    No incentive for UNC. They're set as a 1.

Across the board, the title games in the big conferences have been pretty bad. Those teams know who they are and would just as soon rest. I put almost no stock in conference tourney title games.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    No incentive for UNC. They're set as a 1.

Across the board, the title games in the big conferences have been pretty bad. Those teams know who they are and would just as soon rest. I put almost no stock in conference tourney title games.
    I don't either. I just wish there was some explanation for the phenomena of Florida State's guards turning into Ray Allen when they play UNC and looking a little better than average against almost everyone else they play. The other times I watched FSU play someone other than UNC this year they didn't do a whole lot that really impressed me offensively. Oh well, at the end of the day I couldn't care less if UNC wins or loses. I just wish I knew how and why FSU turns into the best team in the country when they play us.

Kentucky tied at the half with Vandy.

I keep thinking it, but eventually Kentucky is gonna lose a close game. Just the odds. Not saying a loss here will necessarily benefit them, but this will be the third straight game that they pull out a close one (if they win this). Plus a few close games towards the end of the regular season. After the first weekend, they're probably gonna be in close games from the sweet 16 on. I know some people believe immaturity is overblown, but I dunno if they can win close game after close game all the way to the title.

I mean, sure I won't put it past the most impressive team to win it all. Just talking about odds here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Kentucky tied at the half with Vandy.

I keep thinking it, but eventually Kentucky is gonna lose a close game. Just the odds. Not saying a loss here will necessarily benefit them, but this will be the third straight game that they pull out a close one (if they win this). Plus a few close games towards the end of the regular season. After the first weekend, they're probably gonna be in close games from the sweet 16 on. I know some people believe immaturity is overblown, but I dunno if they can win close game after close game all the way to the title.

I mean, sure I won't put it past the most impressive team to win it all. Just talking about odds here.
    Hear what you're saying, but yesterdays game didn't need to be that close. Cal allowed them to play through some late stretches where he'd have normally taken TO. I think he's doing a nice job of letting them play through pressure situations that, in the end, don't really matter. Good experience for a young team.

UNC fights back to make it a three point game then FSU gets some ridiculous NBA level continuation on an iffy block call for a three-point play, then come down on their next possession and hit an NBA range three with a hand in their face to push the lead back out to nine. I'm waving the white flag. FSU is shooting 11/20 from three to UNC's 4/14. There's not a team in the country that would beat FSU if they shot over 50% on 20 three-point attempts. They're already one of the best defensive teams in the country but when they add the offense to their defense, the're a Final Four caliber team. Problem is, they only play this well offensively once every 10 games or so.
    Last edited by KG215; 03-11-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Well that was an odd choice by Carolina.

Not discouraged in the least by that loss. Florida State shot and made the three ball like it was going out of style, UNC didn't have John Henson, and it was still just a three point game. Kentucky losing make me feel a little better, too. In the end, I put almost zero stock in Kentucky losing and less than that in UNC losing.
    Last edited by KG215; 03-11-2012 at 03:19 PM.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Of course the Big 12 doesn't get a 1 seed

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

If PJ is truly back, I will take this loss 10 out of 10 times. He's the key, imo. His 3pt shot is so pure and this team can really lack bench production at times.

I'm tired of the Davis talk. He's a great pro prospect and plays fantastic defense. Congrats. There is zero reason to choose him as NPOY over Thomas Robinson. Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar
    If PJ is truly back, I will take this loss 10 out of 10 times. He's the key, imo. His 3pt shot is so pure and this team can really lack bench production at times.
    I agree. The most encouraging thing about the game was Hairston coming out of his shooting slump. Roy has said Hairston is one of the best shooters he's ever recruited, and we saw flashes of it early in the season. His slump was a little longer than I expected but he has a good looking stroke and the track record to back-up his confidence shooting the three-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar
    I'm tired of the Davis talk. He's a great pro prospect and plays fantastic defense. Congrats. There is zero reason to choose him as NPOY over Thomas Robinson. Zero.
    Most impactful player on the team that had the best season?

Not saying it's a slam dunk either way, but to say there's zero reason is a big stretch.