Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default 2015 Tennis French Open

I don't get why the French Open doesn't fix their seedings like Wimbledon does. It's obvious Nadal is no 6th seed at the French. To set up a clash of the 2 best players there in the Quarterfinals is a travesty. Not looking forward to the hairs I'll pull seeing Nadal and Djoko so early (if things go as planned). Although Nadal has fallen off a lot, the fans deserve this matchup deeper with more on the line. I guess the French are sick and tired of Nadal, that's the only thing that can explain it

Fan favorites Genie and Dimitrov already out early

Default Re: 2015 Tennis French Open

Grisho needs to ditch that russian hoe :

bouchard out too .. damn .. kinda surprised .. she's always getting deep into tournaments .. halep knocked out too in the 2nd round .. major disappointment for her there .. 5'7" diego schwartzman giving 6'4" monfils all he can handle .. tied a set apiece so far .. kid's a tough little scrapper

Genie has been so bad lately, only 1 win in her last 9 matches, which means she has been out the first rounds in almost every tournaments she was in. If she really is the next great one she will find the way to come back though.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Genie has been so bad lately, only 1 win in her last 9 matches, which means she has been out the first rounds in almost every tournaments she was in. If she really is the next great one she will find the way to come back though.
    whoa .. I didn't know that .. not so suprising after all then .. get it together genie ..

Djokovic-Nadal on Wednesday 4 AM (ET) confirmed

Although I am not 100% sure about that 4 AM time. Can't believe we are seeing this in a Quarterfinals

Serena snuck one out, also Sharapova is out.

Yeah, Genie has been an absolute wreck for a fair stretch now. It seems as soon as the media started clinging to her, she began dropping the ball. She's still very young and show's a ton of promise, but she's there's no denying that the girl is in a major funk right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Yeah, Genie has been an absolute wreck for a fair stretch now. It seems as soon as the media started clinging to her, she began dropping the ball. She's still very young and show's a ton of promise, but she's there's no denying that the girl is in a major funk right now...
    i know exactly what she needs

   

looks like roland garros still isn't doing streaming like the other majors do. that's a lot less motivation to watch the joker - nadal match... on some crappy stream somewhere.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I don't get why the French Open doesn't fix their seedings like Wimbledon does. It's obvious Nadal is no 6th seed at the French. To set up a clash of the 2 best players there in the Quarterfinals is a travesty. Not looking forward to the hairs I'll pull seeing Nadal and Djoko so early (if things go as planned). Although Nadal has fallen off a lot, the fans deserve this matchup deeper with more on the line. I guess the French are sick and tired of Nadal, that's the only thing that can explain it

Fan favorites Genie and Dimitrov already out early
    Because they're doing everything they can to get Federer another title. He's had the easiest draw for how many slams now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Because they're doing everything they can to get Federer another title. He's had the easiest draw for how many slams now?
    Well, down goes Federer. However, I don't think Stan is a pushover. He has proven he is capable of beating the best.

Love me some Anna Ivanovic though, more than overrated Genie that's for sure.

How does Nadal deserve better than a 6th seed?

It's not like he's been out injured and is just returning for the French. He's been playing Tennis, on clay, and losing. If Nadal wants a higher seed, he should win more matches.

Wawrinka and Tsonga through to the semi's. That should be a nice collision.

Because Nadal is not a 6th seed at the French Open. You rewarded the 1st seed Djokovic, who is starving for his first French Open title a QF matchup with the Roland Garros GOAT. That's not fair to him. Wimbledon changes seeds, they dropped Nadal's seed even though he was the #2 ranked player in the world because he had lost in the 1st round the previous year. Doesn't matter because Federer couldn't capitalize anyway.

Djokovic-Nadal on Wednesday 4 AM (ET) confirmed

Although I am not 100% sure about that 4 AM time. Can't believe we are seeing this in a Quarterfinals

Serena snuck one out, also Sharapova is out.
    Nadal and Djokovic will be the 2nd match on whatever court there on tomorrow. The women's match will start at 8am ET, so around 10am ET is a good bet for the Nadal v. Djoker matchup.

Because Nadal is not a 6th seed at the French Open. You rewarded the 1st seed Djokovic, who is starving for his first French Open title a QF matchup with the Roland Garros GOAT. That's not fair to him. Wimbledon changes seeds, they dropped Nadal's seed even though he was the #2 ranked player in the world because he had lost in the 1st round the previous year. Doesn't matter because Federer couldn't capitalize anyway.
    The seeds are selected based on their current rank, ideally Nadal is probably higher that a 6th seed but he been losing ON CLAY all year.

And saying "it's not fair" for Joker doesn't make much sense. Where particular seeds end up is done with a drawing so it's like they purposely had Nadal and Joker meet in the quarters. It's unlucky for Joker but not unfair.