Page 89 of 130 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1937
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

really wish i ended up putting fgcu over gtown. i just thought it was too much of a stretch...

wowwwww that was a ballzy alleyoop but it paid off

Smith-Rivera about to cry.

three straight threes from unc...not unanswered, but still, very nice.

wow ohio looking to break 100. make an example and dominate the west straight to the final 4 baby

unc/nova game is getting good. unc gotta get some stops down low if they wanna hold on

Let's go Heels!

This team has taken 20 years out of my life. Most depressing win since the one over Creighton in the tournament last year.

1) Kansas is going to kill us.
    2) Not going to name names, but I can't wait for some of these key players to go to the NBA/graduate.

Given Georgetown's recent tournament history, and what Florida Gulf Coast did against some elite teams this year, that's not a real shocking 15/2 upset. Georgetown fans have to be on suicide watch, though. They lose to a damn double digit seed every year.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    This team has taken 20 years out of my life. Most depressing win since the one over Creighton in the tournament last year.

1) Kansas is going to kill us.
    2) Not going to name names, but I can't wait for some of these key players to go to the NBA/graduate.
    I'm fine with losing Dex but, regardless of how frustrating he is, we need McAdoo next year if we're going to compete and be Elite 8/Final 4 caliber.

And I'm strangely at peace with that game. Villanova is the exact type of team that gave us fits this year. Really tough, really physical defensive teams have owned and embarrassed us all season long. Granted Villanova isn't as good as those teams, but that's exactly how they got back in the game. Fortunately we regained our composure and found a way to win. When you've got a 150 pound freshman playing PG against defenses like that, there's going to be a lot of ups and downs in those games.

And yes, Kansas will murder us. They're arguably the best defensive team in the country. We may have 25+ turnovers and will lose by at least 25.

McAdoo lacks too much polish to continue to feed him the ball like that. The guy takes horrible shots, and unfortunately he's a terrible bad shot maker. He can blow by any post player in the country. ...Then he misses bunnies like he's been playing basketball for 10 days. Zero touch around the rim. Not that he blows by his defenders most of the time anyway. He would rather shoot jumpers. If he gets fouled, he shoots around 50% from the line. Yep. That guy who shoots free throws like he's Dwight Howard wants to shoot jumpers.

He would be nice if we had a Zeller, or May, or Hansbrough in the post. Henson or even Deon would suffice. Too bad recruiting a true post player has been impossible since 2009. 2009! Thankfully we got Meeks coming in next year, but that guy just isn't conditioned well enough to play in this system for a long minutes. Plus I heard he's a finesse player... Fadeaway jumpers, high post type of game... Hicks is apparently the same way.

McAdoo also commits some of the most mind-numbingly stupid plays at the end of games. He had a couple in this game. He lofted a pass across the halfcourt like he was playing toss with a dog. Of course Nova stole it. Then later he inbounded the ball to Paige who was already double teamed at the corner of the court. Of course Nova forced a turnover... PJ flared open right in his face and McAdoo still forced it to Paige. Or at least call a damn timeout if the 5 seconds is coming close. You know Roy has a bunch saved up.

It's a shame that his game isn't ideal for Roy's system and he has to be that guy because there's not another player worth a damn to start a center. I think he would be a great #2 post/#2 or 3 overall option. But it's what has happened and unless someone makes huge strides next year, it will happen again. I'm ready to move on to someone who Roy doesn't feel the need to force the ball down to because he's supposedly a lottery talent.

And let me clarify: Not saying I don't want him to return. If he does then great, so as long as his role is redefined. But in terms of guys who can potentially leave after this season, he's 3rd on my list. I also do think he will become a good pro, btw. Even if all I do is criticize him.

Who's the first two on your list? I'm assuming Strickland is one of them and McDonald? Strickland makes sense, and I can understand and see why some fans would be tired of Leslie. He has slow release, forces 2-3 shots a game that would be open shots if his release wasn't so damn slow, and gets another 1-2 shots blocked a game because of his release. But the rest of the guys, I'm fine with and hope they come back.

if wiggins goes unc and they upgrade at pg theyd be pretty good eh?

im kinda feeling he goes kansas although my guess is as good as any.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Who's the first two on your list? I'm assuming Strickland is one of them and McDonald? Strickland makes sense, and I can understand and see why some fans would be tired of Leslie. He has slow release, forces 2-3 shots a game that would be open shots if his release wasn't so damn slow, and gets another 1-2 shots blocked a game because of his release. But the rest of the guys, I'm fine with and hope they come back.
    I think I worded wrong or you misunderstood.

Of the potential early entrants? McAdoo, PJ, and Reggie are the only three who might leave. Leslie ain't going no where and Dex is gone no matter what.

1) PJ
    2) Reggie
    3) McAdoo

No offense to Leslie, but I don't want a situation where he is starting. Just don't. Nevermind that would mean increased minutes for JP who has fallen off the planet after his modest freshman start. In fact.. He would be our only back up wing, right? If PJ and/or Reggie left

Paige - Britt
    Reggie - JP
    Leslie - JP

Paige - Britt
    Leslie - JP
    PJ - JP

I'll do you one better:

Team A
    Paige - Britt
    Reggie - Leslie
    PJ - JP
    Brice - Hicks - Simmons
    Hubert - Meeks - James

Team B
    Paige - Britt
    Leslie - JP - Britt
    PJ - JP
    McAdoo - Brice- Hicks - Simmons
    Hubert - Meeks - James

Team C
    Paige - Britt
    Reggie - JP - Britt
    Leslie - JP
    McAdoo - Brice- Hicks - Simmons
    Hubert - Meeks - James

Which do you prefer? Roy is going back to his traditional lineup (which I agree with) unless everyone returns + Wiggins. Feel free to shift some of the starters around like starting Meeks or something if that helps. Just guessing on that. Stay in the 1-5 lineup tho. No small ball, or convince me that Roy would do it again with any of those rosters.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 03-22-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Is it me, or is Kansas down?

theyre not playing very fantastic basketball right now.