Default I Think I Got Swine Flu

Or to be politically correct, I think I got H1N1...

I picked up some flu on friday and it killed my weekend and my temperature of 103.4 only just broke down to 99.1 an hour ago. I havent slept so much in a 4 day period in my life because I couldnt stand up without throwing up. I had a cough, major chills, stuffy nose, fatigue and pretty much my first non concussion induced massive longterm headache.

now, hopefully its just a run-of-the-mill flu virus, but if all of a sudden I never post here again then this is probably why.

Anybody else get sick recently and kinda immediately have their mind jump straight to swine flu? Anybody not worried about it at all?

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

Default Re: I Think I Got Swine Flu

RIP

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
    RIP

But anyways, wait a day or two see how it pans out. Regular flu is a lot more common anyways so why worry about swine flu?

RIP

thanks... i suppose

Proven fact: 9 out of 10 sick people prefer ISH over the nation's leading doctors when looking for answer to their potentially complex medical problems

warning: side effects of ISH medication include immediate death and/or long term suffering followed by death

Hellbound

I got sick last week, and I didn't leave my house for three days and just felt like dying for a lil bit. But I've been continually keeping myself pumped full of vitamins and nyquil and various medicines, and I'm pretty much fine. Kinda had a relapse over the weekend cuz I went out and overdid it and didn't get enough sleep, so I'm feelin pretty ****ty again today, but no big deal.

I have a remedy that probably isn't "healthy" per se, but it works pretty well when I'm too sick and not willing to let it run it's course.

Morning/early afternoon - Multivitamins, zinc tablets, echinacea (spelling?), daytime cold/flu medicine and a ****load of water and Gatorade.
    Nighttime - NyQuil, over the counter sleeping pills, and then a ****load of covers and clothes to try and sweat it out over the night.

Usually I'm only down and out for like a day or two at most before being able to function at a semi-decent level.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Pics or it didnt happen

Seriously though, I think you should see a doctor, if you havent yet, you cant never be too careful with things like that.
    In related news, my cousin had the flu and he was fully recovered in like 4 days after he started the treatment. So if you dont have any serious healthy issues you should be fine.
    Last edited by The_Walrus; 10-05-2009 at 03:35 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

TooDeep
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

RIP
    Non suicidal step dad>Suicidal step dad

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Proven fact: 9 out of 10 sick people prefer ISH over the nation's leading doctors when looking for answer to their potentially complex medical problems
    already sick, nothing I can do to diagnose anyways and it seems like im over the hump. however i did get an grin out of that [COLOR="White"]its funny cause its true[/COLOR]

EDIT: haha, i enjoyed that RBA
    Last edited by Fallguy20; 10-05-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Even if you had the swine flu, I don't think its any better or worse than the regular influenza. I was sick a month or 2 ago and went to the doctor and asked if I had the swine. He said he would have to send test to the lab if I wanted to know for sure but he said even if it was, it would probably pass like the regular flu. He just prescribed tamiflu and said to call back if it went on for more than 5 days.

sucks for you bro..

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Owned.

Banned

Not having swine flu>>>Having swine flu