Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Bosh is an Elton Brand type of player. Not nearly as good, but won't help a teamon his own. Just pads his stats by being the best on the team. Needs a supporting cast to play with. They are people who think Bosh is as good as KG in craptor land which is nuts.
    I agree, it's very similar to how Knicks fans actually think that Curry is a good centre in this league.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Molson
    I agree, it's very similar to how Knicks fans actually think that Curry is a good centre in this league.
    I believe it too, but it's partly because there arent that many post center in the league. Most are out of position players that are forced to play center, like Dwight Howard. But stats don't lie, 10 years ago Curry wouldn't be mentioned as a good center at all.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I believe it too, but it's partly because there arent that many post center in the league. Most are out of position players that are forced to play center, like Dwight Howard. But stats don't lie, 10 years ago Curry wouldn't be mentioned as a good center at all.
    Actually i was just busting your chops. I think Bosh is an excellent player and at 22 is only going to get better. It's not hard to see why he could be better than KG when it's all said an done. I also think Curry is a legitimate threat at Center. The only other Center i have seen him really struggle against is Yao for obviious reasons. Curry's offensive games does not match up well against him. But against almost every other Center, he is a bad matchup. He is still growing as a player and i think he is only going to get better and better as he learns the game more. Do the Knicks have a big man coach working with him?

Local High School Star

Jose Calderon is underrated. Ricky Davis is overrrated

It's not hard to see why he could be better than KG when it's all said an done.
    Wow, that's really hard to see. He needs to become a shotblocker, rebounder (man he is a terrible rebounder many nights), on the ball defender, better and more consistent scorer...

I want to like Bosh, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself he's any different from Harrington on the Hawks. At least Harrington rebounded well.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

KG is a garbage shot blocker who avergaes less than 1.8 blocks per game in his career, he rarely ever avergaes more than 2 per game a season.

Decent playground baller IBall280's Avatar

agreed if garnett wants to help his team win he needs to play D

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    KG is a garbage shot blocker who avergaes less than 1.8 blocks per game in his career, he rarely ever avergaes more than 2 per game a season.
    Nearly 2 per game means you're a shot blocker, especially for someone who plays the high post a lot and isn't a center.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Wow, that's really hard to see. He needs to become a shotblocker, rebounder (man he is a terrible rebounder many nights), on the ball defender, better and more consistent scorer...

I want to like Bosh, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself he's any different from Harrington on the Hawks. At least Harrington rebounded well.
    He has a better mid range game than KG and better handle. He drives to the rim better than KG but he is definitely not the shotbkocker that KG is (I'm not sure how anyone can say KG is a garbage shot blocker, whenever i watch him play he makes other players change their minds about driving...he is definitely feared in the paint). His rebounding can be inconsistent but at other times he has been dominant. Overall he averages 11.4 per game He does have to work on his on the ball defense but his scoring has been relatively consistent this year, just not dominant.

All in all though he is only 22 years old. Most players start to peak at about 25-26 so I imagine he will only get better.

Most players start to peak their 3-4th year in the League, which for most is 25-26. Bosh will only become marginally better.

Bosh should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as KG.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

why is that ? what has garnett done other than collect pretty stats ? if bosh at any point makes the raptors a good team then he can surpass garnett, kg has acomplished nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Just so I have this straight: You would take Harrington instead of Bosh if you were a GM?

If that's your choice, that's cool, just want to make sure i understand you correctly.

Just so I have this straight: You would take Harrington instead of Bosh if you were a GM?

If that's your choice, that's cool, just want to make sure i understand you correctly.
    No, I think they're both pretty crappy, and put up good stats on a bad team. I would take bosh now, but defintiely worry he's no different than Harrington on a team like the Hawks.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore CaminoChaos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nugsfreak
    being a nuggets fan I seriously think Melo is an underrated player in the league as he plays for the nuggets a small market team. And he has yet to be voted in by the fans for an AllStar game.

most overrated player has to go to Steve Nash. The fact that he is being considered MVP for the THIRD strait season says it all. their are far more deserving players out there. such as i hate to say but Dirk.

what do you guys think.
    The fact that he has the chance to win 3 MVP's puts him in the Underrated catagory.

Look at the players who have won it multiple times:
    6 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar,
    5 - Michael Jordan,
    5 - Bill Russell,
    4 - Wilt Chamberlain,
    3 - Larry Bird,
    3 - Magic Johnson,
    3 - Moses Malone,

I definately wouldn't call any of them overrated. Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    why is that ? what has garnett done other than collect pretty stats ? if bosh at any point makes the raptors a good team then he can surpass garnett, kg has acomplished nothing.
    Wow, that's a lot of ingorance for 1 sentence. There's the part where he took his team to the playoffs, a pretty ****ty team, in a VERY tough Western Conference like 6 out of 7 years. ANd then there's the part where he went to the WCF and lost in 7 to the Lakers after Cassell went down.

THere's that part. Bosh can't even get in the playoffs, in the ****tiest division in the history of sports, in a historically bad Eastern Conference. Lets see Bosh take his team to the playoffs 7 times, including a 7 game WCF against a team featuring players as good as Shaq and Kobe.