Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #46
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Barkley is wrong; If LeBron & the Heat 4peat, he will be top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
But you are one of the people ready to place Lebron in the top 5, when he will never reach Shaq's peak play or accomplishments combined.

Jordan wasn't as good as Shaq either at his peak. I still have him above Shaq.

Lebron is every bit as accomplished as Shaq. A few more seasons of strong play, and more accomplishments and you put him over Shaq. I don't have him above Shaq, but hes probably somewhere around 10th on my list currently.

10 years already of 20ppg or more. One of the most consistent players ever, if not the most consistent. How exactly is he not an all time great?

I'd love to hear how Magic is a better player than Lebron as well.
You can use stats to prove it, just like how you did for rookie Jordan vs current Lebron, and how you came to the conclusion rookie Jordan was better.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #47
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
As soon as shaq hit 30 his play dropped off.. Hell soon as he left Los Angeles his level was never the same. He got very fat and lazy.

Btw you mention kobe but he is in the 8-10 range and likely won't get higher.

Similar resume, while Shaq being a better player, and possibly the best of all time at his best. I think that speaks volumes. Any team he went to was an instant contender. Another big plus. Just because his play dropped, doesn't mean he wasn't the best player in the league still.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #48
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Similar resume, while Shaq being a better player, and possibly the best of all time at his best. I think that speaks volumes. Any team he went to was an instant contender. Another big plus. Just because his play dropped, doesn't mean he wasn't the best player in the league still.
I agree, I still have shaq 6th all time just not top 5..
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #49
plowking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I agree, I still have shaq 6th all time just not top 5..

Just out of curiosity, what is your top 10?
Old 06-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #50
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is popular on this boardpoido123 is popular on this boardpoido123 is popular on this boardpoido123 is popular on this board

Quote:

Lebron is every bit as accomplished as Shaq. A few more seasons of strong play, and more accomplishments and you put him over Shaq. I don't have him above Shaq, but hes probably somewhere around 10th on my list currently.

10 years already of 20ppg or more. One of the most consistent players ever, if not the most consistent. How exactly is he not an all time great?

You can use stats to prove it, just like how you did for rookie Jordan vs current Lebron, and how you came to the conclusion rookie Jordan was better.

And here you are pointing out an opinion that you believe to be fact

Most on here will either say it is equal peak, or give the slight favour to Jordan. Don't speak outta your ass.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #51
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what is your top 10?

Jordan
Kareem
Russell
Magic
Wilt
Shaq
Bird
Kobe
Duncan
Lebron

Lebron I expect to pass both Duncan and kobe very soon though.. I can't discredit what Duncan and kobe have done over a long period of time right now... But if people had Lebron over both i can understand it.

Last edited by All Net : 06-23-2013 at 06:28 AM.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #52
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Jordan
KAJ
Russell
Magic
Bird
Wilt
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
LeBron/Hakeem

If the Heat "4 peat" yeah LeBron will move up. But does anyone think he will make the finals 5 straight years??? That is a ridiculous amount of basketball. Im not sure they can even make it out of the East next year...

2011 choke keeps LeBron tied with Hakeem, if he wins title and FMVP again he could move up..
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #53
Soundwave
College superstar

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

There are actually only two players in NBA history that have more than 3 titles as the "best player" (no.1 option) tag ... Russell and Jordan.

Then you have a glut of guys at 3 and then 2 ...

Shaq - 3 (threepeat)
Magic - 3
Bird - 3
Duncan - 3
Hakeem - 2
Kobe - 2
LeBron - 2
Isiah - 2
Wilt - 1
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #54
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is popular on this boardpoido123 is popular on this boardpoido123 is popular on this boardpoido123 is popular on this board

Quote:

Lebron's Playoff averages 26 points, 8.5 rebs, and 6.6 assists assuming this is Lebron's best season and playoffs. Even if you go by last year Lebron playoffs was 25 points, 8 rebs, 4.5 assists, and 1.7 steals.

Now you at Magic's best playoff season of 87' 21 points, 7.5 rebs, 12 assists, 1.8 steals and similar everywhere else including fg%

Magic has a better post game and better passing skills than Lebron. That's where he separates himself as better IMO>

The disparity between the stat categories is pretty even until you get to the passing game. Magic was also light years ahead on his post game as well, plus he currently holds 5 titles to Lebron's 2.

Looking at Magic's early career stats, he averaged a whopping 3+ steals in 2 consecutive seasons and won steals leader two years in a row.

There's a list of Magic's acheivements

5 NBA champion (1980, 1982, 1985, 19871988)
3 NBA Finals MVP (1980, 1982, 1987)
3 NBA Most Valuable Player (1987, 19891990)
12 NBA All-Star (1980, 19821992)
2 NBA All-Star Game MVP (1990, 1992)
9 All-NBA First Team (19831991)
All-NBA Second Team (1982)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1980)
4 NBA assists leader (19831984), (19861987)
2 NBA steals leader (19811982)
NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team
NCAA champion (1979)
NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player (1979)

And here is Lebron's

2 NBA champion (20122013)
2 NBA Finals MVP (20122013)
4 NBA Most Valuable Player (20092010, 20122013)
9 NBA All-Star (20052013)
2 NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2004)
NBA scoring champion (2008)
7 All-NBA First Team (2006, 20082013)
2 All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
5 NBA All-Defensive First Team (20092013)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)
USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year (2012)
Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year (2012)
Cleveland Cavaliers all-time leading scorer
Naismith Prep Player of the Year (2003)
3 Ohio Mr. Basketball (20012003)
2 Consensus National H.S. Player of the Year (20022003)

In the accolades that matter, Magic is still ahead of Lebron.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #55
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation

Of course Barkley is wrong. LeBron is already top 5 with 4 MVPs (Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Jordan) and 2 straight MVPs + Finals MVPs (Jordan, Russell). Ranking guys like Bird and Kobe ahead of LeBron at this point is just idiotic. Bird has nothing on LeBron except one more title, but far worse stats, defense, fewer MVPs, and nowhere near the clutchness/big game performances despite all the myths about him (call me when Bird dropped 45/15/5 on the road in an elimination game, 48/9/7 and 25 straight points, a triple double in the Finals clinching game, or 37/12 + the game-winner in a Game 7, etc). Kobe has choked in 5 of 7 Finals appearances and wasn't even dominant enough to win 2 MVPs, yet the media likes to push this silly notion that he's top 5-7 all time just because he had the fortune of riding Shaq to 3 rings? Get out of here with that BS! Kobe's never been as good as 2009-2013 LeBron (4 MVPs, 3 Finals appearances, 2 straight Finals MVPs)
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #56
plowking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Lebron's Playoff averages 26 points, 8.5 rebs, and 6.6 assists assuming this is Lebron's best season and playoffs. Even if you go by last year Lebron playoffs was 25 points, 8 rebs, 4.5 assists, and 1.7 steals.

Now you at Magic's best playoff season of 87' 21 points, 7.5 rebs, 12 assists, 1.8 steals and similar everywhere else including fg%

Magic has a better post game and better passing skills than Lebron. That's where he separates himself as better IMO>

The disparity between the stat categories is pretty even until you get to the passing game.

We're talking about peaks, nothing else.

How is Magic better than Bron at his peak? Bron is a better midrange shooter, long range shooter, scorer, driver, rebounder, defender, finisher, stronger, more athletic, more efficient, more dynamic, etc.

Magic isn't close to the player Lebron is. Bird is another story, but Magic isn't.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #57
Greg Oden 50
Banned

Greg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
Even the GOAT.

I was thinking about it last night. 4 Peat; 2 more FMVPs + 2 more MVPs
4-2 in the finals with 4 FMVPs & 6 MVPs

First player to 4Peat and win 4 straight FMVP & MVP. OMG
Imagine if he wins 7 MVPs GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Don't hate I was just expressing my thoughts after reading what Barkley said about LeBron not being able to be a top 5 goat.

FAKE FMVP 2013

NO MATTER HOW MANY RINGS HE WON,HE WILL NEVER AS GREAT AS JORDAN
Greg Oden 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #58
Greg Oden 50
Banned

Greg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
We're talking about peaks, nothing else.

How is Magic better than Bron at his peak? Bron is a better midrange shooter, long range shooter, scorer, driver, rebounder, defender, finisher, stronger, more athletic, more efficient, more dynamic, etc.

Magic isn't close to the player Lebron is. Bird is another story, but Magic isn't.

MUCH BETTER PASSER,PLAYMARKER,AND POST PLAYER THAN LBJ
Greg Oden 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #59
livinglegend
College star

livinglegend is starting to rub some people the wrong waylivinglegend is starting to rub some people the wrong way

1.Russell
2.Jordan
3.Kareem

Lebron will enter that list by the end of his career.
livinglegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #60
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Barkley is..... Barkley....
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: