Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Derrick Rose vs. Kyrie Irving (First 11 Games of Their Careers)

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Jennings was chucking out of control and making all of them.

Irving has shown an incredible offensive arsenal, not entirely focused on shooting jumpers.
    He avg 19.5 FGA, which included the 34 FGA game where he scored 55pts. Outside of that game he avg about 16-17 shots per game. I dont consider this chucking out of control especially since he was the offense in Milw. Similar to Kyrie Irving in Cleveland no?

Bogut, Charlie Bell, Carlos Delfino, Hakim Warrick were your startes for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He avg 19.5 FGA, which included the 34 FGA game where he scored 55pts. Outside of that game he avg about 16-17 shots per game. I dont consider this chucking out of control especially since he was the offense in Milw. Similar to Kyrie Irving in Cleveland no?

Bogut, Charlie Bell, Carlos Delfino, Hakim Warrick were your startes for the most part.
    Jennings was also playing around 7 more minutes per game which helps account for the extra shots. Not that I don't disagree with Jennings having the tendancy to throw up bad shots. The only reason I listed Jennings stat line is to show how an 11 game stretch can have absolutely no significance in predicting the course of a career or even a season.

But still I'm glad to see Kyrie playing well for the Cavs. Tristan Thompson hasn't looked bad either. They could have a nice nuclues built if they get another lotto pick and can grab a scoring wing like Harrison Barnes or something.

I rule the local playground sosolid4u09's Avatar

so basically rose was better in every single department?

I rule the local playground sosolid4u09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

he shot 37% from the field

Jennings is almost completely reliant on his jumper. Irving isn't. Most of his points come from getting into the lane which he has a knack of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by chairman
    Look at Chris Paul one of the greatest pgs but with no team he couldn't win anything. Do you really think the owner is going to put pieces around Irving if he couldn't do that for Lebron? Irving needs a team....but that's if Irving becomes great, not really anything to get excited for in Irving. You guys need Lebron, Durant, Wade, Kobe type players. Look at monta Ellis and stephon curry theyre great players but they will never win on golden state
    So do you feel the Cavaliers should be abolished then and shouldn't be in the NBA.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

11games doesn't mean anything, first this is a locked out season. A lot of point gaurds are doing well because they simply kept themselves in shape. Second this is on 11 games it took rose 3-4 years to become what he is now. Just cause he puts up similar number doesn't mean their work ethic is the same
    Also with all that said irving will never become a superstar on Cleveland. Cleaveland is screwed for the next 10 years unroll they get another Lebron not a pg. Rubio>Irving right now anyways
    Plus who wants to play for Cleveland? Cleveland is as bad as Detroit team and city wise
    Look at Chris Paul one of the greatest pgs but with no team he couldn't win anything. Do you really think the owner is going to put pieces around Irving if he couldn't do that for Lebron? Irving needs a team....but that's if Irving becomes great, not really anything to get excited for in Irving. You guys need Lebron, Durant, Wade, Kobe type players. Look at monta Ellis and stephon curry theyre great players but they will never win on golden state
    ^^^This guy really knows his stuff.

No, really.

Very intuitive. Sharp as a tack.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Kyries turnovers are from driving to the lane and losing the ball. He doesn't make terrible passes because all our players be wide open by the arc. When we get a good perimeter player he will average less points and more assist. Rose came in with Deng on his team