Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default ISH How good was Orlando Tracy McGrady?

[COLOR="Blue"]
    Career Numbers with the Orlando Magic:[/COLOR]
    27.7ppg 6.9rpg 5.2apg 0.445fg% 0.361(3point%)

Just finished watching vintage prime Tracy McGrady mix on Youtube....... ISH please educate me on the great Tracy Mcgrady.

First Year with Orlando Magic 21 years old: 26.8ppg 7.5rpg 4.6apg .45fg% (finished 6th in MVP voting)
    Second Year with Orlando Magic 22 years old: 25.6ppg 7.9rpg 5.3apg .45fg% (finished 4th in MVP voting)
    Third Season with the Orlando Magic 23 years old: 32.1ppg 6.5rpg 5.5apg .45fg% (finished 4th in MVP voting)
    Forth Season with the Orlando Magic 24 years old: 28ppg 6.0rpg 5.5apg .41fg%

Banned

Default Re: ISH How good was Orlando Tracy McGrady?

His 03 season would rank among the best of all time. Was in the top 4 players in the league, and was a real superstar.

Prime T-Mac is my fav. I remember immediately going to the store to pick up some junior sized T-Mac 2's after I saw the commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    His 03 season would rank among the best of all time. Was in the top 4 players in the league, and was a real superstar.
    yeah i finished watching some YouTube mix on him and he look unguardable..........like Lebron type unguardable. His skills stood out in those videos

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He was the best scorer in the game at his peak. Unfortunately he's never been on the right side of a playoff victory but he still had some great postseason performances. Doc should have had Ainge give him Wafer's spot out of respect for what he did back then...although McGrady may not have accepted a non-guaranteed contract.

He had an argument for best player in the league at his peak. A 6'8" player with ridiculous length, could play three positions(two of them at a high level), could defend opposing PG's with his agility and opposing 2s and 3 with his length, was untouchable if his jump shot was going in, and a good three point shooter.

IMO, what seperates a prime T-Mac from Kobe is that T-Mac was not quite as explosive as a scorer, but he was more consistent and made smarter decisions. Kobe is more likely to go off for 45-50, but he also takes shots he has no business taking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    yeah i finished watching some YouTube mix on him and he look unguardable..........like Lebron type unguardable. His skills stood out in those videos
    Yeah, he could score in every way imaginable, could rebound, could pass, and was a really under rated defender. (until he got to Houston and stopped playing D)
    IMO, what seperates a prime T-Mac from Kobe is that T-Mac was not quite as explosive as a scorer, but he was more consistent and made smarter decisions. Kobe is more likely to go off for 45-50, but he also takes shots he has no business taking. During Tracy's peak season, his eFG% was over 50%. Kobe never cracked 50%.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Yeah, he could score in every way imaginable, could rebound, could pass, and was a really under rated defender. (until he got to Houston and stopped playing D)
    damn, so was he like 2009-2010 Kevin Durant with play making ability and better defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    He was the best scorer in the game at his peak. Unfortunately he's never been on the right side of a playoff victory but he still had some great postseason performances. Doc should have had Ainge give him Wafer's spot out of respect for what he did back then...although McGrady may not have accepted a non-guaranteed contract.
    Oh yeah i forgot Doc was Tmac coach back in the day. Its not really his fault IMO that he didnt make it past the first round in Orlando, his supporting cast was weak.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

'03 T-Mac was pretty much '09 Wade with a better jump shot, but not as good a slasher & defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    Prime T-Mac is my fav. I remember immediately going to the store to pick up some junior sized T-Mac 2's after I saw the commercial.

those look sick!

What's even more impressive is despite T-Mac having to dominate the ball, he always averaged under three turnovers a game in Orlando. For someone that dominated the ball so much, that is a very good number.

The definition of gifted. Tall, athletic, and could shoot lights out. Due to his size advantage and elevation on jumpers, he would just shoot over everyone. Very underrated passer and playmaker. He was essentially a point forward. People used to say he made the game look too easy because he would just score at will and always look relaxed. I think it because of his eye

It sucks that he got injured because I have no doubt in my mind we would be talking about him being a top 20 possibly 10 player. Save me the BS, he was that good. I remember when he first went down with back spasms back in 05 or whatever and thinking that he would fine and come back in a couple games. 5 years later and people talk about him like he's a piece of shit. It's kind of sad to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    '03 T-Mac was pretty much '09 Wade with a better jump shot, but not as good a slasher & defender.
    not from what i heard dude.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    damn, so was he like 2009-2010 Kevin Durant with play making ability and better defense?
    He was nothing like durant.

Think of late 3peat Kobe+better rebounding+jumps higher+less turnover prone+doesn't take stupid 30 footers

Try not to cum in the thinking process.