Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-20-2009, 04:56 AM   #16
FrogmanV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

FrogmanV has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I haven't played basketball in 5 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Or it will just shatter your confidence forever

Hey if you just say F them tho and play hard then you will get their respect. Anybody will respect someone that keeps coming back.

Like the attitude! Since I'm 5'9" and 150 basically Earl Boykins on steriods :) and haven't played any bball since Jr High.. (am 24) it's been 10yrs since I had last played. So I blew but I goto the gym 3-4x a week shoot by myself for 2hrs. Eventually anyone that puts themselves out there should pick up on how to fix things and become better. Unless you're stupid and keep repeating what isn't working haha. But in a matter of months I'm playing and getting that respect you speak of playing on the main court at our Rec. I love it...and I have a lot of improvement that I know I can gain fairly quick. I respect people that work hard and wouldn't let others judgement stop you else you already have failed man - get out there!
FrogmanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

If you live in New York than you should join a local YMCA

BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #18
Spec5ial5k5
I hit open layups

Spec5ial5k5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz77
I have the key to our HS gym. All of the Varsity kids get a key to the gym so that they can go in and shoot around. But I have practice everyday except for Sundays and christmas, so yeah. Sorry though. I've never had withdrawls from basketball cause i can go play whenever i want.hahah.
damn ur lucky lol
Spec5ial5k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #19
Spec5ial5k5
I hit open layups

Spec5ial5k5 has an OK reputation so far

not to sound like douche but if u wana get better you gotta play in the rain you gotta play in the cold even if it snows i shovel my driveway or my the court at my park i find someway to play. i dont have any indoor courts you can play in around my area either. I couldnt imagin not play basketball for for 5 weeks
Spec5ial5k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #20
ivienthol
I airball my layups

ivienthol has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevisJeans
If I made my school team than I wouldn't have a problem.

That doesn't exist in Brooklyn. I found a league where kids that are 16-21 play which is a few streets away from my house. I checked it out last week, and I was the only person under 6'2" in there. I'd play there, but the only problem is that they play up, with guys 22+, and I don't want to get trampled.

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm making excuses, which I'm not.

Whaaaa?!?! You're lucky if you get to play against older/better players all the time. How do you think you'll get better if not playing against people that can trample you? lol

Growing up my only competition in my town was the old guys that would play ball at the city auditorium here twice a week. Once I surpassed them within a few years time, I lost my drive to keep playing.
ivienthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #21
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec5ial5k5
not to sound like douche but if u wana get better you gotta play in the rain you gotta play in the cold even if it snows i shovel my driveway or my the court at my park i find someway to play. i dont have any indoor courts you can play in around my area either. I couldnt imagin not play basketball for for 5 weeks

I couldn't find time in my schedule to play. I come home from school at 5 and it's already dark outside, so I can't go to the park then. I have to do too many things on the weekends to find time to play. I'm off from school this week, so I'll try to go to the park. The only problem is that my local park is covered with ice.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #22
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

I know how you feel levis. I haven't played with anyone since my high school tryouts on November 16th, and it sucks. Thankfully im going to my dad's in new jersey the week after christmas and i have a YMCA membership there and its only like a 10 minute walk away. Im so excited. Even if i don't get to play with anyone i will have fun shooting with a full court that is level (there is a hoop about a 5 minute walk from my house now but it has tons of ditches so its hard to dribble.) and that has a ten foot hoop.(i have a hoop in my driveway but it only goes up to 9.5 feet)
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #23
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

I hate being away from basketball for more than a week. You will have to regain your game and that takes some time. If I didn't make the team idk what Id be doing.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:38 AM   #24
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Yea I have injuries right now and it's killing me. My damn hamstrings have been hurting me ever since I pulled them like a month and half ago... tho they aren't bad enough not to play at this point, but my knee flared up pretty bad and it's totally sidelined me. I just want to get out there a run a couple games 2 or 3 times a week but I can't. I have been watching a lot of videos on moves and stuff and I'm dying to try them out or at least practice them. It's amazing how many moves I just never thought of before... or variations of moves I never thought of before.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #25
mjkittredge
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mjkittredge has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Re: I haven't played basketball in 5 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
If you live in New York than you should join a local YMCA

This. Certain times the gym is completely empty so you can practice to your hearts content. Other times there are bunches of people so you can play pickup games. Membership rates aren't too bad, and you can use the Nautilus machines and weights too.
mjkittredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #26
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I got a basketball gym right across the street. I walk like 10 seconds and i can do everything i want in there.
It's pretty cool, especially in the Winter to play with all of the guys, and to see the girls practising in the other court.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #27
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
I got a basketball gym right across the street. I walk like 10 seconds and i can do everything i want in there.
It's pretty cool, especially in the Winter to play with all of the guys, and to see the girls practising in the other court.

I'm on my way.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #28
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Ahhhhhhhhhhh i have now played two days in a row and it feels good. Yesterday i just shot around by myself and today my older sister came along with my and we played a little one on one and it was awesome.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: