Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    This move would more way more sense if the Celtics actually had a gaping hole at small forward or shooting guard. Fortunately, they have Pierce and Ray. They could put Green at power forward, but that Kevin Garnett guy is pretty good, and so is Big Baby. I just don't see why they gave up so much for somebody who's going to be sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter. Perkins, while not a statistical freak, was one of the best pick and roll defenders out there and epitomized the Celtics' defense. Guys like KG have called Perkins the anchor to the defense. Wasn't this the guy who would've made all the difference in game 7? I guess not.
    They didn't have Shaq, either, though. Shaq is better than Perk, even now. He's got more of a presence and he is a smarter offensive and defensive player... as well as having the hype to get away with more stuff like hard fouls that don't get called intentional.

-Smak

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    They didn't have Shaq, either, though. Shaq is better than Perk, even now. He's got more of a presence and he is a smarter offensive and defensive player... as well as having the hype to get away with more stuff like hard fouls that don't get called intentional.

-Smak
    Again, do you really expect Shaq to hold down the fort for 40 minutes a night? What happens when he goes to the bench?

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    Krstic is OK, but that's it.
    What the hell is Perkins? To me he's also "ok".

If you're going to war against Odom/Bynum/Gasol or Dwight Howard you want more than a jumpshooting euro C, a halfway retired JO, or a "i can run the court twice in a game" shaq.
    I recall Perkins being eaten alive by Dwight Howard last time Boston played Orlando. I also recall Dwight eating his lunch on many other occasions.

I wish the Celtics had done this LAST year, before their playoff matchup against the Cavs!

In Danny Ainge I trust. he problably saw that perk is going downhill with his injuries and that he will ask for a bigger contract in the summer

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Media are saying what are Boston's thoughts on this trade ?

Granted Perkins was a board man and filler in the paint ..
    The loss for the Celtics this season is actually Nate .
    he was huge in backing up Rondo.

What did the Celtics get in return ::::::::

Green a prolific scorer who will replace "the Truth"

Yep - If Boston wins it all this year I expect Pierce to retire either this year or next season.

Next year Boston , Heat , Knicks will all be looking for a young center , and they will all be converging on Jorden from the LA Clippers.

Default Re: Celtics to trade Perkins?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    Wow. OKC's Big 3 (Durant, Westbrook, Green) is no more.

Jeff Green is much better than Perk.
    At what? Shooting 3's?

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Danny Ainge just gave Miami the Eastern Conference crown.

Why in the world would you want to rely apon the health of Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal going into the post-season? Terrible.

Perkins is arguably the best 1-1 post defender in the league, and exceptional on the pick and roll as well.

I know the Celtics lost Marquise Daniels, but Big Depth >>>> Wing depth. Terrible Move in my opinion.
    Pretty much this. Don't know what else to say. So for now on, when D-Wade or Lebron blow right past Pierce in Allen in the Playoffs, it will no longer be Perkins in the paint waiting for them. Its going to be this guy...

I bet they're shitting bricks.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

They have been?
    Come on, man, we spend so much time arguing and you don't know I'm being sarcastic?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    What the hell is Perkins? To me he's also "ok".

I recall Perkins being eaten alive by Dwight Howard last time Boston played Orlando. I also recall Dwight eating his lunch on many other occasions.
    So Krstic=Perkins?

Huh.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

@ Perk being "ok".

We get it Stro, you don't think Perkins is good. 95% of Celtic fans disagree with you and we watch him night in and night out.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak

-Smak
    No he really isn't.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Come on, man, we spend so much time arguing and you don't know I'm being sarcastic?
    No, I mean I assumed it was sarcasm. I just didn't understand the point of it? I didn't remember denying that the Bulls have been hurt?

No, I mean I assumed it was sarcasm. I just didn't understand the point of it? I didn't remember denying that the Bulls have been hurt?
    Nor did I say you denied it, just saying if you're considering big men winning the playoffs you may want to be a little worried yourself.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Nor did I say you denied it, just saying if you're considering big men winning the playoffs you may want to be a little worried yourself.
    I'll go to war with Noah/Thomas/Asik and Boozer/Gibson over the Celtic bigs, as they stand. Thanks Noah,asik,and Gibson are great defenders.

I'll go to war with Noah/Thomas/Asik and Boozer/Gibson over the Celtic bigs, as they stand. Thanks Noah,asik,and Gibson are great defenders.
    If you say so. I'll stick with a hungry Shaq & Garnett over all 5, but each to their own