Default Challenge to all educated folks ..

I posted this video in the other thread, but I don't think it has gotten the full recognition it deserves, meaning, I haven't heard a proper rebuttal towards the argument I presented.

All educated folks, I would like to hear your arguments. If there are no counter rebuttal, let's just admit the purpose of education is not to teach, but to condition the behaviors of students. Thanks.

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong. These are some big claims I'm making; but in order for me to do that, I'm going to have to hear a better argument, something that will poke holes in my premise.

Educated folks, this is your ideology, this is your value system, in fact, I would even go as far as to say this is what your entire life thought process revolves around.

This is as real as it gets. I'm challenging all of that, so man up and take me on (meaning don't cop out by throwing out ad hocs and disregarding the argument). Do your proper research, homework, study Bloom, etc.)

Anyways, with that said, here is the revolutionary video that will change your life if you take it seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHM...ature=youtu.be

Hume>Kunt.

Default Re: Challenge to all educated folks ..

The real.challenge is watching such a shitty video all the way through.

Banned

My favorite part was when the black guy slapped the white guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    The real.challenge is watching such a shitty video all the way through.
    It's a complex topic and I really did try to make it as bearable as possible. Stop being so negative and give credit where it is due.

Quote Originally Posted by GASOL IS GOAT
    I threw that in there because I know the typical ISH poster has the attention span of a 5 year old (as evident by Jello's post )

I watched it. I can't say I have the same experience as many people because I was not in the public school system for a majority of my life. I was in private school up until high school. Having said that, I don't disagree entirely with what you're getting at.

What I would like to know is the immigration statistics of countries who ranked higher in comparison to the Unites States on the subject of education. We have a ton of illegal immigrants, when you compare that to a country who may not accept immigrants, say Germany, does that affect the rankings? If so, by how much? I'm not saying foreigners are dumb, but truth be told, Americans who were born in America and went to school in America all their life most likely have a better chance to be educated than illegal immigrant families migrating up from Mexico. Are these immigrants "watering us down" so to speak?

I know the above paragraph is off topic, but it's something I just thought of after watching the clip.

Back on topic, while I was in public school for high school, my graduating class, for the first time ever, was required to pass the "exit exam". Basically it was like a SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) to graduate. It was required, and you could take it up to 2 times a school year. Each test taking about 4 hours to complete. I failed it my first time, and passed it the second time of the same year. When I failed it my first time, the school offered after school classes to train you how to pass the test. They offered fake "practice tests" with the same questions on the real ones. They didn't teach you, they trained you. They trained you how to select the one correct answer out of 4 multiple choice. I even had one teacher tell the class, "if you still can't guess the answer, choose C, as statistically, on multiple choice questions, C comes up as the correct answer more than any other answer". Good job teacher...

Sad to say many of my graduating class did not pass the exit exam. Luckily for them, we still had one year before graduation. The next year, the class below me and the leftovers taking it for a third time took the test again, except this year they made it much easier to pass. Needless to say I was pissed the F off. They got to easily pass something that was extremely hard for me to pass, and now we were all lumped into the same group as "equals". To make matters worse, some people still didn't pass. They got shipped off to a lower quality high school to take the tests the next time they came around. Apparently others schools "exit exams" were different. If you were from a "dumb" school, you got easy tests. If you were a "smart" school, you got harder tests. This in my opinion, is bullshit. It should be the same test, for every student, regardless of what school you go to. If you can't pass, tough cookies, you stay behind a grade, go to a tutor, or do summer school.

The year after I graduated, 2004, my old school dropped the mandatory "exit exam". How fair is that? What about the hundreds of students you made repeat the grade because they couldn't pass the test? Now it's not required? Thank god that didn't happen to me, I would have been irate. Basically the school wanted everyone to pass the text when it was first implemented because every student that passed was more funding coming towards that school. The more students they could brag about passing, the more students they could attract to the school, which in turn, gives them more money. The education system, at least here in California, was a disappointment.

Looking back, I wish they would have made 2 years of a foreign language a graduating requirement. I would have loved to learn German. I fear I'm too old and dumb to learn it now. My brain is too far out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    I watched it. .
    Thanks.

Really that's all I ask. My intent is to always have a fruitful discussion, not to prove I'm right, but to learn from the posters in here. It is disheartening when some ISHers main line of rebuttal is to throw out the troll word in order to cop out. I really expect a lot from the posters in here, especially knowing full well they are a bunch of nerds.

Here is a really good Ted Talks that explains what you're trying to get across.

How schools kill creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
    Here is a really good Ted Talks that explains what you're trying to get across.

How schools kill creativity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GASOL IS GOAT
    That's a very racist comment buddy.

kings fan

Video is awful.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

This really is just the same topic as before.