Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Your fav beers?

   

Default Re: Your fav beers?

i can't really drink beer anymore (calories, acidity) but i've gotten on to this stuff lately.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7209/6...fd85de82_o.jpg

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson

Work with a couple Filipino guys that showed me these ones, I thought they were pretty good.

good god, this might be my fav beer from stone and that's saying something. like...i want to give it a 10. what a concept as well. this totally has that 'fresh' taste to it. i don't think i've sniffed a stronger piney nose. you can truly smell the hops and hints of pineapple. taste wise, tons of citrusy/grapefruit notes up front. ridiculously sweet for a 9.4% ABV beer and a nice hearty bitter backbone lingers perfectly. yet, not dry. they hide the alcohol extremely well. i could hardly taste it. good amount of carbonation but not even close to too much. i see this being in my top 5.

what's up with san diego and their american IPAs? between stone and green flash, they are among the standard bearers imo. dogfish head and lagunitas are up there as well, but i'm really digging what SD has going on.

stone is really involved in social media so if you make enough noise in your area about getting it to you, they will consider widening their distribution. they've been doing this particular beer for over a year now so it seems like it's having reasonable success. stone will actually buy the beer back if it goes beyond the 'enjoy by' date. i have no idea what they do w/ it but there's that.

i fvcking love you, stone.

i also picked up this guy. trying to venture out more into the stout world. definitely an acquired taste, at least in my case. thick viscosity that just coats your whole mouth. more coffee notes than chocolate. it was good but i still think the best stout i had was the abyss by deschutes, who also happens to make one of my favorite porters.

btw, talked to one of the guys i buy beer from a lot and he said that pliny the elder doesn't distribute to the area. so, mystery solved kinda. been looking for that bitch for over a year now, haha. i'm still up to trade for it if anybody is down.

the last beer i tried in this latest haul and it didn't disappoint. i drank the stout first cuz i knew the double IPA would kill my taste buds for a bit. not a huge fan of pilsners but this is quite a home run from firestone.

pours a nice classic golden with decent lacing. smells like straw/hay. i want to say it has a bit of wheat aftertaste? i haven't tried many pilsners so this is all new to me. maybe i like it cuz they dry hop like it an IPA...but man, this is a light lager with german flair and a hoppy backbone. it has that 'grassy' taste to it. overall, it didn't blow me away but it's really good. session-able beer at a great price point, which firestone seems to excel at. i'm not a fan of their 805 or solace as much as others but i might like this even more than their DBA which is always welcome around here. nothing to complain about here...just solid. real tasty beer that i think almost any beer drinker will at least find decent.

i could see myself just drinking a 6 pack in the summer or 12 pack if things get more rowdy, haha. good beer with food imo. i chew occasionally and i also think it would be good with that. refreshing. with the way other firestone beers come off the shelves around here, i'd have to say this is quite underrated as i always see droves of this and little of the 805.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    haha, that's dope. where's that from?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i can't really drink beer anymore (calories, acidity) but i've gotten on to this stuff lately.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7209/6...fd85de82_o.jpg
    i hear ya on that. i recently (well, in the past year) lost a ton of weight. i lost about 35 lbs. i went from being a total fat ass to a semi fat ass, haha. i'm sitting at about 180 lbs now and i'd like to lose 10 more pounds but i feel my beer consumption is my final main obstacle.

have any recommendations on single malt scotches? i don't always have the money for that stuff but i really want to get into it at some point. i need a change up from cheap whiskey which is my default for hard liquor
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 11-25-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Yeah, I don't drink beer anymore either because it was a little rough on my digestive system. Recently I've taken more to scotch and rye whiskey.

For scotch I usually like the Laphroaig 10 year or Quarter Cask and rye I really love Templeton Rye.

The simplest answer is the best answer, to me:

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    haha, that's dope. where's that from?
    Trailer Park Boys. Canadian comedy and one of the funniest shows of all time IMO.

Serious playground baller paperstreet's Avatar

I'm cyclical. I am always getting different stuff.

At the moment, I'm enjoying the Sam Adams Hopology line. The double agent IPL is fantastic

Stella Artois. Smoothest beer I've had.

I hate beers, taste nasty az hell

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    I drink more of this than I do of water

Going to second that emotion/ I ran thru this cases at an alarming rate...

This stuff is freaking fantastic. Pricey though.

   

the correct way to open a bottle

NBA lottery pick

Someone got me onto this recently which I really like.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Can't go wrong with either brewery, but my two favs

These days I rarely drink beer but I usually go with a stout or a porter. Dark beer is the way to go imo unless it's a summer setting. I honestly can't stand IPA's anymore. I hate a beer that is overly hoppy and the acidity of it doesn't sit well with me.