Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Toronto Raptors Rumors Thread

I am starting to find that a lot of rumors are coming from a site called Yabada. I don't know how trustworthy this site is. I am all over the sites trying to find any leaks of any kind.

Local High School Star

So a week goes by and not much

We kicked the tires on Pau Gasol... I assume the money was too much / cap space.

Must have made a run on Ryan Anderson... the Rockets money is also probably too high / cap space.

Nerlens Noel suddenly silent

No news on Jared Sullinger ... Boston could only qualify at $4.4Million but we seem to have $5M - $6M in cap space which is line with a Q.O. plus. However not sure the JS is any significant upgrade over Patterson if Patrick has is game locked in....

Lost James Johnson

Lost Luis Scolia ~ looks like he and Manu are playing for their childhood team in Argentina.

--

So:

1) $6Million cap room (not much)

2) and a need for depth quality minutes at the 4 position.

3) a roster full of young talent potential i.e.

Bruno / Bebe / D'Andre / Poetl / Powell / Wright / Siakam / and the rights to Nando de Colo in Euroball.

Hmm whats up Masai ?

I don't think Masai is a 'win now at all costs' kinda GM.

But I gotta think there is a balance here with all that stockpiled talent for 3 years down the road compared to next season.

Local High School Star

Depth looks like this ?

Front Court:

JV / Bebe / Poetl / Jason Thompson (?)

Patterson / D'Andre / Siakam

Demarre / TRoss / Bruno

Back Court :

Derozan / Klow / Corey J / Powell / Wright

--

That makes 15 to start seat the max number on roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Depth looks like this ?

Front Court:

JV / Bebe / Poetl / Jason Thompson (?)

Patterson / D'Andre / Siakam

Demarre / TRoss / Bruno

Back Court :

Derozan / Klow / Corey J / Powell / Wright

--

That makes 15 to start seat the max number on roster.
    Don't forget Sullinger.

Sullinger signing is like the Biyombo signing. Low risk, high reward. Always can be potentially dangerous two way player but highly questionable work ethic.

Masai is fantastic with not leaking information. Wonder if he still has one more trade or signing to make. I've heard Ross in trade talks and to be honest, it seems he's the right guy to move for another 3&D SF. Raptors should be fine with their bigs now.

When the FA market dried up leaving only Sullinger, David Lee, DMo available, none of which are the big upgrade we need at the 4, I was hoping Masai had a trade in the work. Now that Sullinger is signed, I doubt a trade is coming soon.
    Don't get me wrong tho, Sullinger is still an upgrade over Scola who started most of the season so I'm not too mad. Although I still have my fingers crossed that we trade TRoss for something more valuable, another big maybe, CoJo and Norm should get all the backcourt bench mins.

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

At least when Sully is on the court we wont be playing 4 on 5 in offence. Not the same on D as Biz obviously, but he's no slouch when motivated. Coming to team thats been together awhile where your going to be held accountable from Demarre and Kyle might get more from Sully then in Boston where they were still trying to find themselves the past few years.

Local High School Star

LOL I typed that before I saw the Sullinger singing.

Yep low risk rental player signing.

Actually more than that.

1) Jared is on a one year try out for the whole league. He didn't get a Q.O. finalized for long term with Boston so now he is playing for a long term deal with all the teams, including the Raptors. I would think he will be motivated to perform and further I think Casey and the d minded coaching here will increase his potential value.

2) I 'think' Patrick contract also expires this year. With 'a young motivated' Jared lurking on the bench competing for minutes I would hope that this lights a little fire under Patrick. He has the potential to raise his game and Jared may be the pressure to achieve that.

I agree this probably spells the end of any trade.

Read the TorStar article that opined that the TRoss deal was good value given this years signings.

I dunno... like you guys I think TRoss may have value but I am frustrated with his contribution.

We have two draft picks next year (ours and Clippers by way of trade) in the mid low 20's. In addition we seem to have a boat load of young talent as I indicated above.

I hope Masai in his infinite silence is working on a deal for a high quality depth three to play behind Demarre....

I dont think we need more at the four .... Patrick / Jared and you can still rotate Poetl / Bebe into that slot with JV on the court.