Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-30-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Game Tonight v. Spurs

I won't be able to see the game since I don't live in Texas and I don't have the league pass, but I will be watching the box score on nba.com. Hope we have a good game.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Default Re: Game Tonight v. Spurs

I'm guessing 91-83 Spurs :)
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:26 AM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Man, this board's pretty quiet (although not as quiet as San Antonio's board). I just learned about streaming games tonight, and I got to watch the 3rd quarter and on from that point. Some of my observations:

-Juan Carlos Navarro is very quick, and I think he'll have a great career. I'm not sure what position he should be, though. 6'3" is awefully small for a 2, but Memphis has all they need at the 1.

-Tony Parker is just too good taking it to the basket. Memphis was just another victim of that.

-Shots just weren't falling for you guys. It happens to everybody, nothing you can do to stop it.

-DerMarr Johnson looks like a crappy addition for us. I hope he gets released and we can invest our final roster spot in someone else.

-Rudy Gay is athletic as hell, although he didn't look like a great shooter in the time that I saw him.

Anyway, that was a good game to watch for me, seeing as I didn't watch the first half. Weren't the Grizzlies winning at the start?

Good game, guys.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

The problem with Memphis is that, the ball isn't going to the bigs nearly as much as it should. Pau and Darko should be getting the ball atleast 65% of the time. Darko has a beautiful left hook that is almost impossible to stop and falls nearly all the time, Pau has one of the best up and unders in the league, not to mention he can play the high post and can even take the ball out to the perimeter if he has to. There's no excuse that Miller and Gay should be taking more shots combined than Pau and Darko combined.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
The problem with Memphis is that, the ball isn't going to the bigs nearly as much as it should. Pau and Darko should be getting the ball atleast 65% of the time. Darko has a beautiful left hook that is almost impossible to stop and falls nearly all the time, Pau has one of the best up and unders in the league, not to mention he can play the high post and can even take the ball out to the perimeter if he has to. There's no excuse that Miller and Gay should be taking more shots combined than Pau and Darko combined.

Wow I agree with all of that.I dont mind rudy taking shots.But pau should put up at least ten to twelve shots a night.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Wow I agree with all of that.I dont mind rudy taking shots.But pau should put up at least ten to twelve shots a night.
I also don't mind him taking shots, because he has shown that he can produce decent stat lines. But, Pau should, on average, be taking more shots than Rudy, not alot more, maybe 3-5 extra shots for Pau.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #7
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall

basically every guard on the roster is a ballhog or a shoot first pass second gaurd. there is no one to distribute the ball, there is no ball movement, and the big guys dont get involved.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
basically every guard on the roster is a ballhog or a shoot first pass second gaurd. there is no one to distribute the ball, there is no ball movement, and the big guys dont get involved.
Exactly. It's quite sad to see a guy like Pau and even Darko at times, wasting their time on this team. They could be doing a damn lot more on better teams that would love to have them and use them to their full potential.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Wow I have been saying that our point guards are shoot first ever since the first week.Conley is our last hope.They need to trade damon.Play lowry and conley.With a mix of navarro and miller at the point.Conley looks like a tj ford type.Which is what this team needs.In the games and practices that I watched.Pau and conley play well together.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: