Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Should Michael Jordan help out his "broke" sidekick Scottie Pippen financially?

I know it is every grown man for himself. Scottie was reckless with his money, having made 150 million dollars in his playing career, to where he had to filed for bankrupcy. I checked and it looks like MJ's net worth is almost half a billion dollars. Now let's face it without scottie helping MJ to win six rings, MJ is just a rich man's Vince Carter.

MJ still brings in an annual income of 55 million dollars a year.
    What do you say, do you think MJ should help his partner in crime financially?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,252310

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Should Michael Jordan help out his "broke" sidekick Scottie Pippen financially?

I would give him a couple hundred thousand if I was Jordan.

Serious playground baller 1Time4YourMind's Avatar

Default Re: Should Michael Jordan help out his "broke" sidekick Scottie Pippen financially?

I find the fact that he burst into tears of joy after getting a settlement involving his private super expensive Gulfstream jet hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    I know it is every grown man for himself. Scottie was reckless with his money, having made 150 million dollars in his playing career, to where he had to filed for bankrupcy. I checked and it looks like MJ's net worth is almost half a billion dollars. Now let's face it without scottie helping MJ to win six rings, MJ is just a rich man's Vince Carter.

MJ still brings in an annual income of 55 million dollars a year.
    What do you say, do you think MJ should help his partner in crime financially?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,252310

no, MJ should not give money to a one time multi-millionaire who is completely irresponsible and wasted his money.

He should give me some money instead

I'm waiting for the "Kobe would" posts.

And to answer the question, hell no. Don't spend what you don't have, and don't live how you can't afford to live.

thats what i been saying. get him a job in his company that pays 100k a year. and let him live off that.

or scottie should try to become an assistant coach somewhere. surely he knows a thing or two about teaching team defense and playing the passing lane. i dont like hearing about stars losing all their money. if you're overrated and made a lot, i dont care (antoine walker). scottie was worth his weight in gold for those championship bulls teams.

Banned

Scottie would probably be offended to just take straight cash even if hes broke, but giving him a job with the Bobcats would be a great idea

Banned

rich man vince carter yo u are stupid

more like a super sayian 4 vince carter

would pau help kobe with his money problems? HELL NO

Banned

Scottie was dumb with his money but MJ should help him out.

Without Scottie, MJ would have never won all those rings. Without those rings Nike would have not been able to push the Jordan Brand like they were then and now.

I say MJ owes half of his fortunes to Scottie. There was a huge gap between Scottie's salary and MJ's salary but a small gap in terms of basketball skill and production. Scottie gets half.

Quote Originally Posted by OnceInADECADE
    rich man vince carter yo u are stupid

more like a super sayian 4 vince carter

would pau help kobe with his money problems? HELL NO
    dude, how can anyone take you seriously when you have ron weasly in your av?

you've got more heart than that dude.

Banned

He defiantly should.

He owes his success in Chicago to Scottie because without Pippen, MJ had 5 losing seasons and was 1-9 in the playoffs (never made it past the first round).

Jordan was on his way to winning nothing and being nothing but a bald headed Dominique Wilkins before Pippen showed up.

He should give him some stocks in his company.

come on laker fans, don't come in here claiming MJ would only be a glorified vince heartless carter or dominique wilkins smh. mj most likely wouldn't have 6 rings without scottie, he would have definitely had a couple. he is mj, he is oldschool's god. cut him some slack x(

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    Scottie would probably be offended to just take straight cash even if hes broke, but giving him a job with the Bobcats would be a great idea
    This. Didn't Scottie always wanted to be a head coach? He certainly can become one of the assistant coach in Bobcats.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

MJ could get him a job making Air Jordans, that pays what, 15 cents a day?