Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Let me first say I love Daniels and would love for him to stay with the Mavs and get more playing time; however, avery doesn't like him so this wont happen.

That being said, this was a great deal for the Mavs. They already fished him in a sign and trade for Mike James. While Daniels has a lot of upsides, at this point he is just potential. He's about $20M over the next 3 years. That's a lot of money for someone who rides the bench.

The Mavs drafted Ager. Obviously Daniels' replacement. The Mavs are also pursuing Mike James with the MLE, and despite VanHorn saying he would resign for less in Dallas, he is going to get larger offers elsewhere.

So the Mavs traded off someone they had already replaced, to fill a void they were going to have, leaving them free to pursue the point guard they want in free agency.

Talk all you want about talent and athleticism, but at somepoint you have to think about business and team management.

Serious playground baller albertpujols's Avatar

Daniels has much more value than Croshere...

Steal by Indiana. Dallas seems desperate to make some moves.

Decent playground baller

the mavericks never used this guy so getting anything for him is OK.

LOL. you gotta laugh at that one guy. "You traded for a white player, YOU MUST BE STUPID HAHA!"

it's posts like that that keep me coming back here.

College superstar

As a Pacer fan, I'd be interested in hearing Mavs' fans take on Daniels' strengths and weaknesses. I've seen him play a bit, but his playing time seemed sporadic in the playoffs.
    Give him a coach who will play him and not have him on a leash, 16,6, and 5 in 32 minutes easy. I mean in games he started, he surpassed that as a ROOKIE (19,6, and 5) including putting up 14,9, and 7 in his second career start (started at PG that game). He would actually be perfect in the backcourt with a PG who isn't a prototype PG because he can handle, facilitate, and create which is why he should have been starting with Terry.

You guys won this trade, bar none. Don't know where you work him in with Jones, Jackson, and Granger in but if you give him minutes, he'll produce

Banned

He's the perfect player for Indiana with their oft injured PGs.

Default Re: Marquis Daniels traded for Austin Croshere

I miss Austin Powers.

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez

I miss Austin Powers.
    i miss him too, but in the long run i'd rather have Daniels. It looks like Daniels is getting into his niche now, hes playing much better. I just wish that we didnt re-sign Croshere with that huge contract and signed Brad Miller instead (this was a few years back)

Quote Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
    I just wish that we didnt re-sign Croshere with that huge contract and signed Brad Miller instead (this was a few years back)
    Helluva point you make there, never thought of it like that. Man, if only Crosh wasn't making so much. Wow. We couldv'e won the chip in '04. Wow. Makes me hate Scot Pollard all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Helluva point you make there, never thought of it like that. Man, if only Crosh wasn't making so much. Wow. We couldv'e won the chip in '04. Wow. Makes me hate Scot Pollard all the more.
    i dont know what we were thinking trading Brad Miller for Pollard and re-signing Croshere should have re-signed Brad Miller and let Croshere go

Well, we didn't sign them both in the same offseason. Croshere got his huge contract the Summer of 2000 after he played so well in the NBA finals. We lost Miller in the summer of 2003, when we had to make the choice of resigning Reggie Miller for two more years, or resigning Brad Miller. Whatcha gonna do there? Can't let Uncle Reggie go...

Learning to shoot layups Irk Woodsman's Avatar

Don't know how much it matters championship-wise, it wasn't until we let B. Miller go that we had the 61 win season and started looking like the team to beat, until Artest screwed everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Irk Woodsman
    Don't know how much it matters championship-wise, it wasn't until we let B. Miller go that we had the 61 win season and started looking like the team to beat, until Artest screwed everything up.
    I know, I know. But it's hard to make an argument that having Brad Mille rather than Scot Pollard that season would hinder our record in any way. If anything, I think that solidifies our frontcourt even more, allowing JO to matchup with smaller guys... blah, blah, blah... Anyways, I don't see how we don't possibly win 4 or 5 more games that season with a prime all star form Brad Miller who was getting 15/10/5 with a few triple doubles that year, I believe... I think we could have won the chip in 03-04, prebrawl. When injuries overtook us in the playoffs. JO would have been able to play less minutes during the regular season with Brad Miller out there. They meshed well together in the year and a half I saw them together.

Learning to shoot layups Irk Woodsman's Avatar

Those were the days

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
    i dont know what we were thinking trading Brad Miller for Pollard and re-signing Croshere should have re-signed Brad Miller and let Croshere go
    it was a money issue. i don't think we had the funds to resign him. when we got pollard, he was supposed to be our starting center. he had kicked ass in SAC-town as a backup but he went kaput fast. that was one of our worst recent moves.