Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe "Unless they

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    If you're about winning collectively with your teammates, and not on selfish agendas ... that's exactly the point. If you're a legit competitor and not just a glory hound, you do whatever it takes to win with the framework of the team and team chemistry.

If that means sacrificing your pursuit of 30 ppg, increasing your efficiency by taking smart shots and getting others involved, while playing CONSISTENT stellar defense ... that's what you do.

The goal is to lead "his team" to wins. If he shoulders the responsibility of calling the Lakers his team, and he gets the credit when they win, he needs to look in the mirror when they are losing.

Or in this case, a stacked roster with a sub .500 record heading mid way into the season.

if you care at all about your legacy, you will realize you have to win with the paradigm of doing it your way. whether your way is shooting a lot, getting other people involved, or being a defensive stout worth is individualistic but the most important part is still you are imposing your will on the game and it's your singular identity that is bringing your team to victory.

all great players are glory hounds.

the team concept is just a facade. A contrived artifice aimed at covering up for the weakest among us and delineate sport from the cold harsh realities of life. that it is always you against the whole world.

that's why I gotta respect players like AI and Kobe who are free radicals that refuse to be institionalized within the team framework.

Very good NBA starter

And Kobe's pursuit of shooting 25 shots a game to score 30 ppg on 47% while not putting major effort consistently on defense, or trying to create for lesser role players to give them a boost of confidence IS good for team chemistry?

Riiight. Not Kobe's fault at all.

Dude is subtely crying for MORE help, yet not fully utilizing the talent he already has.
    even with a more balanced offense/defense from kobe, They have no chemistry. They lose to teams they should not lose to more often than allowed. Kobe feels like he needs to be a hero and thats a sign he doesn't trust this team.

Banned

And Kobe's pursuit of shooting 25 shots a game to score 30 ppg on 47% while not putting major effort consistently on defense, or trying to create for lesser role players to give them a boost of confidence IS good for team chemistry?

Riiight. Not Kobe's fault at all.

Dude is subtely crying for MORE help, yet not fully utilizing the talent he already has.
    The Lakers issues are not on offense really outside of FT shooting and turnovers. It's on the defensive side. And he's the primary scorer. It's Nash's job to have the ball in his hands the most creating for guys. That was why everyone was excited for Nash to come back.

And what's with this accepted "truth" that Kobe just cares about the scoring title? Yeah back in 2001 he cared about that stuff but he's been there and done that. He sat out the last game of last season when he could have shot his way to the scoring title because he wanted to rest for the playoffs.

Even earlier in the season when he was only taking 17-18 shots a game and being very efficient shooting the ball the Lakers were still getting their asses kicked. So obviously that's not the problem. The constants have been the team's bad defense, turnovers and lack of a reliable bench.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    the team concept is just a facade. A contrived artifice aimed at covering up for the weakest among us and delineate sport from the cold harsh realities of life. that it is always you against the whole world.

that's why I gotta respect players like AI and Kobe who are free radicals that refuse to be institionalized within the team framework.
    Not going to lie, Dwight has been a HUGE disappointment. Injuries or not, dude hasn't made the impact I originally expected AND, conversely, has annoyed the shit outta me w/ his lack of accountability.

Do y'all think he will resign? Do you even care?

I am your soldier!

'I got to continue to push through it'

Didn't he use that same motto in Colorado a few years back?

passiveaggressivebe

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Not going to lie, Dwight has been a HUGE disappointment. Injuries or not, dude hasn't made the impact I originally expected AND, conversely, has annoyed the shit outta me w/ his lack of accountability.

Do y'all think he will resign? Do you even care?
    I really don't. I don't want him to be the guy that takes over for Kobe once Mamba retires. Dwight would tarnish the brand of the lakers with his buffoonery.

He has a shaq type of ego with a tyson chandler type of skillset. very obnoxious. If he would just grab the boards, get tip ins, block shots, and pass the ball, I would be a lot happier. Instead we gotta watch dis ni99a bobble passes while setting up his post moves.

ThrowingteammatesunderthebusBe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    anybody who doesn't have Kobe top 10 strictly hating, and shows their ignorance.
    Yeah, sure thing.

I mean shit, even if someone had him @ 11... There's such a GAP from 10-11, right ? Such haters.

At this point, does it matter what Kobe says? Haters around here are reaching epic sewer levels in terms of their hatred for the guy. No joke.

If he accepts total blame, you'll find fault with that.

If he plays well, and the team loses, its because hes a ballhog that dominates the ball.

If he plays poorly and the team loses, its because hes a loser that couldnt carry them.

If he plays well, and the team wins, he could have done better, and shared the ball more and is looking out for his legacy.

The Kobe stans are lame yes, but the haters....You hate the guy, but follow his EVERY MOVEMENT, AND EVERY WORD. You come to EVERY SINGLE LAKER THREAD, and talk shit. You SAY its because you hate the fans, but the reality is, most of you are garbage.

I mean lets keep it real here no? I dont like certain players...so you know what i do? I DONT CARE, AND I STAY OUT OF THOSE THREADS.

Why do some of you spend so much energy on something you hate? You create threads, and follow the lakers around more than the fu*king fans do

Shit is getting ridiculous around here, and im sorry but haters are becomming a spectacle in their own right around here. You are seriously worse than the fans, and the stans and homers on this site.

I was going to post that legacy is the last thing you should think about. You should play to win and the rest falls into place. Those who get caught up in the legacy thing have screwed the game and try to coerce their way up the ladder, at the expense of better players.

Then I read this post and things changed. This was actually poetic. It was so poetic that I couldn't read past "delineate sport from the cold harsh realities of life".

Coming from a Laker/Wade fan, this is impressive.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 01-20-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Yes, Kobe has so much help with his glamorous supporting cast of:

-The worst Head Coach in the league
    -Old, decrepit Steve Nash and Metta World Peace
    -Earl Clark
    -Jodie Meeks
    -And a bunch of soft, heartless, shameful players like Paulina Gasol, Dwight Howard, and Antawn Jamison

Note that I never mentioned Pau Gasol. That is because Pau Gasol is no longer with us. Pau Gasol was an integral part of a Lakers team that reached the NBA Finals three years in a row and won back-to-back titles. A player with arguably the best low post game in the NBA, solid defender, best passing big man in the league, and a 20-10 machine.

Unfortunately for the Lakers, Pau Gasol ceased to exist midway through the 2010-2011 season. Since then, he has been replaced by Paulina Gasol. A nonexistent post game, atrocious defender, allergic to boxing out, barely able to score 12 points a game. Nothing but a soft liability on the court.

RIP Pau Gasol and RIP 2012-2013 Lakers