Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Kings aggressively trying to move up in the draft. Hoping to get McLemore

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...45243394191360

Sacramento has been aggressive in trying to move up from seventh in the draft, league sources tell Y! Likely target: Ben McLemore.
    They currently have the 7th pick, and would most likely need a top 2 or 3 pick to get ben m. Cavs are openly shopping the first pick, but i dont know what Sac is willing to give up in order to get it. Thoughts on possibilites?

Would any teams drafting in the top 5 want anything the Kings would be willing up to give up? Jimmer? Thornton? Possibly tyreke? and their 7th pick in the draft. Future first?

Default Re: Kings aggressively trying to move up in the draft. Hoping to get McLemore

SG is the last thing we need... unless Evans is part of the trade.

Default Re: Kings aggressively trying to move up in the draft. Hoping to get McLemore

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    SG is the last thing we need... unless Evans is part of the trade.
    Reports ive read have said the kings wont match any excessive offer for tyreke this off season. What qualifies as excessive in their opinion is beyond me. but maybe the hope for signing mclemore is a sign that A) theyre ready to move past evans. B) malone sees his potential as a PG or SF.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

If I'm Sacremento and I can get McLemore by getting rid of Tyreke I'm going for it..

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Cavs want Len, but not with the No 1 pick.
    If Len is available at 7, then there could be a swap.

It will be interesting to see tonight.

Tyreke can't be part of the trade now that I recall with his free agency status. Maybe they'll move him back to PG.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    If I'm Sacremento and I can get McLemore by getting rid of Tyreke I'm going for it..
    Thats probably a big possibility theyre considering. but which of the teams with the first 3 picks would want to give up their pick for #7 and evans? Potentially Orlando if they do the sef/bledsoe trade? It could give them two ball handlers in the starting line up, evans and bledsoe. but neither of them are really play makers.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Thats probably a big possibility theyre considering. but which of the teams with the first 3 picks would want to give up their pick for #7 and evans? Potentially Orlando if they do the sef/bledsoe trade? It could give them two ball handlers in the starting line up, evans and bledsoe. but neither of them are really play makers.
    can maybe try working a 3-team deal for a team who'd want Evans and has a late round pick to give up. Though not sure who wants Evans. Boston? Minny? Denver?

As for the Kings perspective. I suppose I'd take McLemore over Evans. That dude can sell all sorts of tickets w/ this hot hiphop tracks and his liberal views in Sacramento. Oh wait, wrong guy.

Yeah, I'd still probably take Ben McLemore. Kings have gone nowhere w/ Evans and tend to actually play better when he's out of the line-up. As talented as he is, he just doesn't fit the team as it's currently structured. I could actually see Evans doing well under Malone though w/ the defensive structure. Malone would have to convince him to not shoot useless jumpers all the time though.

Ultimately, I wouldn't even look at talent. I'd just see how McLemore fits w/ the team mentally. Which, I don't know at the moment. I heard his interviews were bad to so-so?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    can maybe try working a 3-team deal for a team who'd want Evans and has a late round pick to give up. Though not sure who wants Evans. Boston? Minny? Denver?

As for the Kings perspective. I suppose I'd take McLemore over Evans. That dude can sell all sorts of tickets w/ this hot hiphop tracks and his liberal views in Sacramento. Oh wait, wrong guy.

Yeah, I'd still probably take Ben McLemore. Kings have gone nowhere w/ Evans and tend to actually play better when he's out of the line-up. As talented as he is, he just doesn't fit the team as it's currently structured. I could actually see Evans doing well under Malone though w/ the defensive structure. Malone would have to convince him to not shoot useless jumpers all the time though.

Ultimately, I wouldn't even look at talent. I'd just see how McLemore fits w/ the team mentally. Which, I don't know at the moment. I heard his interviews were bad to so-so?

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Cousins to the Bullets for their pick and somebody else?

I can't think of any team that would really want Tyreke at this point. Sacremento shouldve traded him sooner if they wanted to. Now they might as well keep him I guess.

High School Varsity 6th Man Miles and Miles's Avatar

Tyreke has played 3 positions for the Kings. If they are looking to move up 2 to 4 spots in the draft I would doubt it would be Tyreke (unsigned restricted FA) that they would be using.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Move Tyreke to SF (basically run the point a bit) to play a similar role to LBJ, resign Tony Douglas to play D and shoot 3's like Chalmers and get Ben Mclemore to play SG like Ray Ray, Kings don't have to let Reke go. Start Patterson to spread the floor with Mc, Tony D and Reke and Cousins get heaps of room to operate.

That teams perimeter athletic ability would be crazy,

PG: Toney D
    SG: Ben Mac
    SF: Reke
    PF: Patterson
    C: Cousins

Imo that line up would work Toney D, Mac & Patterson are players who play well without the ball, Cousins and Reke play well with it no need to give up on Reke just yet.

Just trade Jimmer and something else for a decent back up SF and Kings are good. Isaiah Thomas + JT both make excellent back ups as well giving us mad depth for once. Kings MUST trade Thornton now.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 06-28-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Move Tyreke to SF (basically run the point a bit) to play a similar role to LBJ, resign Tony Douglas to play D and shoot 3's like Chalmers and get Ben Mclemore to play SG like Ray Ray, Kings don't have to let Reke go. Start Patterson to spread the floor with Mc, Tony D and Reke and Cousins get heaps of room to operate.

That teams perimeter athletic ability would be crazy,

PG: Toney D
    SG: Ben Mac
    SF: Reke
    PF: Patterson
    C: Cousins

Imo that line up would work Toney D, Mac & Patterson are players who play well without the ball, Cousins and Reke play well with it no need to give up on Reke just yet.

Just trade Jimmer and something else for a decent back up SF and Kings are good. Isaiah Thomas + JT both make excellent back ups as well giving us mad depth for once. Kings MUST trade Thornton now.
    I like that line up. Kings really lucked out big time.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    I like that line up. Kings really lucked out big time.
    Yeap I had a feeling as soon as Noel did not go #1 we were going to get him and than when I saw Cody Zeller go early I was like o yeahhhhhh