Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    King of Chicago DRoseOwnsACamry's Avatar

Default Re: Deron Williams may take his talents to Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    No he would not. Best in the Eurocup or Turkish League? Sure. Best in the Euroleague? No.
    Yes, he would be.
    Who the hell would be better than him? I want to know, you dumb redneck.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    That's what i say. apparently that's not important. if i was a net fan, that would be the first, second and third though in my mind.

note: Euroleague posting crap and mods not caring....
    Thats such a dumb thing to think about though. It's not like basketball is a sport that breaks its players down after some extra games.. like baseball[pitchers] or football. Deron hardly even played basketball with the Nets during his few months with us. He was on and off the court and wasn't even playing motivated basketball because the team had no shot at the playoffs.. If he wants to get a little bit of that competitive edge back and get his game together, I have no problem with that. He could break his leg in practice in the first week of training camp.. to worry about that type of shit especially in the midst of a lockout where players aren't going to even have a long season ahead of them is stupid.

Cali Love

Now if they can get Scal to sign= 8-peat in the Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Thats such a dumb thing to think about though. It's not like basketball is a sport that breaks its players down after some extra games.. like baseball[pitchers] or football. Deron hardly even played basketball with the Nets during his few months with us. He was on and off the court and wasn't even playing motivated basketball because the team had no shot at the playoffs.. If he wants to get a little bit of that competitive edge back and get his game together, I have no problem with that. He could break his leg in practice in the first week of training camp.. to worry about that type of shit especially in the midst of a lockout where players aren't going to even have a long season ahead of them is stupid.
    he just came off surgery for a damaged wrist, the same wrist that has given him trouble in the past. it seems to be a repetitive stress type injury. if you told me my rookies, do i want them playing? YES. my stars, who are older, coming off injuries? **** NO.

you are looking at things from a player/fans perspective. i want deron to play, it will be real fun to watch. if im a net fan though, im thinking he plays, three months there his wrist is starting to feel ****ed up, and then the nba season starts.

you are looking at things from a player/fans perspective. i want deron to play, it will be real fun to watch. if im a net fan though, im thinking he plays, three months there his wrist is starting to feel ****ed up, and then the nba season starts.
    That the thing though.. the NBA season may not start for 6 or so months. He's got PLENTY of time to play and rest.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    That the thing though.. the NBA season may not start for 6 or so months. He's got PLENTY of time to play and rest.
    If im a net fan im not giving a shit that Deron gets to earn another $200k a month when we already pay him (or are going to $13M a year. If he gets hurt, they are ****ed. Considering he sat out games for injury to make sure he was healthy for next year there is no way id want him playing games for another team. I hear what you are saying, and im 100% sure you are not a Net fan.

If im a net fan im not giving a shit that Deron gets to earn another $200k a month when we already pay him (or are going to $13M a year. If he gets hurt, they are ****ed. Considering he sat out games for injury to make sure he was healthy for next year there is no way id want him playing games for another team. I hear what you are saying, and im 100% sure you are not a Net fan.
    It's not about the money.. Right now Deron is showing an interest in basketball. That is all I care about. I want to see my star player excited to play because he actually has every reason to not be excited seeing as how we don't really have a great squad around him.

And after all the fighting I've done with you Knick fans since last summer with the lebron drama, to this year with the melo drama, and a million different times in between I really dont care if you dont think I'm a net fan. I've probably been to more nets games in the past couple years than you've been to knicks games in your whole life.

[lol @ espn saying derons not going to like it there and will be back in 1 week. they are saying he will be like iverson who didnt like the food , his family hated the place, no one spoke english. iverson and deron are completely different, for one iverson's ghetto and dresses like he got out of prision.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I'd deff rather Deron playing basketball and not sitting around partying and getting out of shape during the lockout If I was a Nets fan. Most players are still going to be doing big time workouts, running games with friends etc. People are still going to be playing basketball. Makes sense to go play structured basketball and make 200k while doing so.

Sure Deron could get injured or hurt his wrist. He could also get in shape and not skip a beat so when the season comes back on(let's say a shortened season) he'll have NO rust. Wait and see, tons of these guy's will come out rusty as f*ck. In a shortened season? I'd say it's a pretty big advantage having your superstar walking off one basketball court and on to another.

Plus even tho Euro teams get ripped on still never know what you'll learn over there.

National High School Star

now where will agent 0 bring his talents...

agentzeroshow Gilbert A. aka Jefe
    rumor is DWill has a contract to play overseas if the lockout continues pass oct 1st...he aint the only one u know ya boy Agent has one also

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I'd deff rather Deron playing basketball and not sitting around partying and getting out of shape during the lockout If I was a Nets fan. Most players are still going to be doing big time workouts, running games with friends etc. People are still going to be playing basketball. Makes sense to go play structured basketball and make 200k while doing so.

Sure Deron could get injured or hurt his wrist. He could also get in shape and not skip a beat so when the season comes back on(let's say a shortened season) he'll have NO rust. Wait and see, tons of these guy's will come out rusty as f*ck. In a shortened season? I'd say it's a pretty big advantage having your superstar walking off one basketball court and on to another.

Plus even tho Euro teams get ripped on still never know what you'll learn over there.
    I Agree with Niko. Deron can still train here http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/6/29/2...ould-help-nets,
    Plus he just came off of Wrist Surgery which he sat out the end of the season, to make sure hes ready for the next season.

Local High School Star YAH trick YAH's Avatar

Kobe to same team? Supposedly Besikta coach gonna talk to him according to report on Scott Van Pelt radio show.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    I Agree with Niko. Deron can still train here http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/6/29/2...ould-help-nets,
    Plus he just came off of Wrist Surgery which he sat out the end of the season, to make sure hes ready for the next season.
    Guy's are human. They'll be partying, relaxing and that's far worse than playing over in Europe. Expecting Deron to go work out in NJ hardcore(witch may I still add could end up with him hurt too, if he's THAT fragile he can't play in Europe) for free during a lockout? Unrealistic. Him playing in Europe getting in shape, ready for the season for 200k a month? Not that far fetched.

Rather risk an injury than have him come in out of shape and off his game with a shortened season. Next season is huge for NJ. They have a shitty year and Deron probably walks. Having Deron come in ready to go from day 1, fresh off the courts? Could end up giving NJ that extra push in the W|L collom that ends up helping Deron stay. Esp when you factor in if there is a season it'll probably be alot shorter and the reg season games(from day 1 when there will be tons of rust) will have a huge impact on where you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    The last two seasons he's been beaten up near the end of the year something awful, both times on the wrist. I'm glad he enjoys playing, but everyone's excitement over all of this is going to be much less when one of their favorite players isn't able to play when the lockout is over due to an injury he got in a meaningless game overseas (meaningless for the NBA fan that is). He sat out Net games to rest up specifically for the next season. And instead, he's going to play in Turkey, for a fraction of what the Nets pay him.

You can tell these NBA players don't have shit for money sense, because to me this is a vacation. So what, you miss a few months. You see the world, play with your kids, do all the shit you can't do for 6 months. Nope they need the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Guy's are human. They'll be partying, relaxing and that's far worse than playing over in Europe. Expecting Deron to go work out in NJ hardcore(witch may I still add could end up with him hurt too, if he's THAT fragile he can't play in Europe) for free during a lockout? Unrealistic. Him playing in Europe getting in shape, ready for the season for 200k a month? Not that far fetched.

Rather risk an injury than have him come in out of shape and off his game with a shortened season. Next season is huge for NJ. They have a shitty year and Deron probably walks. Having Deron come in ready to go from day 1, fresh off the courts? Could end up giving NJ that extra push in the W|L collom that ends up helping Deron stay. Esp when you factor in if there is a season it'll probably be alot shorter and the reg season games(from day 1 when there will be tons of rust) will have a huge impact on where you finish.
    That's fair but then if he gets injured and were back in the Losing Column ?, Does he not have enough cash? He could spend time with his family but nope.