Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default your opinions on NBA league pass?

Im thinking of getting it. What do you think of it? What's its price(usd) (can't be bothered to check nba.com my internet is slow as sh*t right now)

Default Re: your opinions on NBA league pass?

depends on the package.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I paid for it once 4 or 5 years ago when I first got my ATnT cable. It was nice, but it was expensive, and frankly I felt like I was wasting it.

Where I live, which is in CT, between Boston and NY, I get local coverage of every game from The Knicks, Nets, and Celtics. You combine that with the weekly coverage from TNT, and the weekly coverage from NBA TV, and then whatever ABC puts together once Christmas goes by on the weekends, and personally I was getting a ton of basketball anyway. I'm a Celtic fan, so it wasn't like I was chasing my favorite team. Every year there's a team that's interesting, I'm guessing The Pistons this year will be fun. And I did like being able to check out a few of the top rookies who maybe aren't getting a ton of burn on national TV because their teams are no good. And it was nice on late nights being able to pull up a bunch of west coast games when otherwise there may not be anything else on. But really ... how much basketball was I going to be able to physically watch.

Now if you don't have much in the way of local coverage, then I get it. But for me, it just wasn't worth the cost.

And I do pay for the NFL package, albeit at a buddies house, so it's not like I'm opposed to splurging on sports viewing. We even split the cost of the baseball package one year when we were both gambling a lot.

I've always wondered what sort of local coverage they have in areas that just aren't affiliated with any teams, like The Dakotas, or Alaska. Who do they get for local sports stations?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

i don't think packages for this year are out yet.

i'm planning on getting it this year but i really wish there was some sort of 5 team package. i think they used to do that but they don't any more...i think. as i live in canada the only real blackouts i'd have to deal with would be raptors...but i don't think if i were to pick 5 teams i'd pick them anyways

NBA rookie of the year

as long as you buy it through bladers its a great deal

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I've always wondered what sort of local coverage they have in areas that just aren't affiliated with any teams, like The Dakotas, or Alaska. Who do they get for local sports stations?
    When I lived in ND, Minnesota pro sports were on the local FSN affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak

i'm planning on getting it this year but i really wish there was some sort of 5 team package. i think they used to do that but they don't any more...i think. as i live in canada the only real blackouts i'd have to deal with would be raptors...but i don't think if i were to pick 5 teams i'd pick them anyways
    There was, but it was like 5 bucks less than the full LP.

Banned

I've had it the last few years, in Australia I need it as games are only on ESPN a few times a week and rarely show games I want to see. It's worth it in my opinion for the amount of content there is and at something like $200 I figure if I watch at least 40 games a year (I watch FAAAAAAR more in reality) it's like 5 bucks a game.
    Be warned though that their support is probably the worst I've ever dealt with (and i deal with a lot of tech support in my work), if you have issues even when your asking for specific information as you know what the problem is and how to fix it they just have some randoms replying with set messages who don't actually help you and then ignore you if the problem doesn't fit what they think it should be.

Also be prepared to watch some games on delay as the service sometimes gets iffy around peak times or big games, not any bandwidth issues or things like that but the whole service will play up and people here will all be complaining.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

if you plan on watching a lot of basketball and have money to spend, its well worth it. i use it on my roku and love it. and anytime during the season if you want to watch previous games from that season, you can.

and if you play fantasy bball, its the greatest investment to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak

yeah im pretty sure those packages are still around. but again, youd only be able to watch 5 teams, and ifyou pay a little more, you get every game(thats not on national tv or on local broadcasts)

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    if you plan on watching a lot of basketball and have money to spend, its well worth it. i use it on my roku and love it. and anytime during the season if you want to watch previous games from that season, you can.

and if you play fantasy bball, its the greatest investment to make.
    It's really not even that expensive either when you compare it to other crap as well imo

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    It's really not even that expensive either when you compare it to other crap as well imo
    completely agree. but when you say something costs more than 100 bucks to people on the internet, often times those individuals will scoff at those prices. but considering its an 8 month investment, the price is pretty damn nice.

I dont know how worth it is if you live in US, but here in Europe, Croatia (where you can watch maybe 1 random game per week on TV) it is absolutely worth it.... with the unlimited 24-7 access of literally all games in HD (no blackouts either) its absolutely amazing and spoils the crap out of me... :P

Good High School Starter

Is there any way to legally see every game of a season? I thought it could be done through league pass and the games that are nationally televised. But turns out league pass won't even have ORL vs IND later today.

Good High School Starter

Wait why is this thread in this section. I just googled insidehoops league pass and bumped the most recent one.