Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Billups To Milwaukee

Did everybody see in the rumors that Billups is considering Milwaukee next year because they have a good young nucleas and plenty of cap space next year. I really hope the Pistons don't let him get away too, otherwise we are going to be in for another rebuilding phase. If Billups and Wallace leave because of Flip (and yes I have read that the reason Chauncey left Minnesota was because of Flip) maybe we should consider getting rid of Flip and keeping our stars.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
pistonsfan22
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i heard about that. i hope he stays with us. theres no way we can lose ben then mr big shot the next year. but if he did leave i would put hunter as starting guard. that guy is good
pistonsfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
embersyc
Lurker

I read it, but it was in a Boston paper and the article had zero credibility. I also distinctively remember Chauncey being the one who wanted Flip to come to Detroit in the first place.

I don't doubt that Chauncey will probably get a big offer this off-season, but I think we will be more likely to match as his game is not dictated by athleticism, age should not effect him the same as Ben.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:33 AM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

It's still a rumor, but there hasn't really been the same spark in the pistons team without Ben Wallace anchoring the defense. I think if he were still around, Chauncey would probably stay but since he left, there's no more guarantees. The only thing that would really make him sway towards staying is a championship or a finals run. Also, this whole Flip Saunders "now I can open up the offensive playbook" thing is garbage. Unless you have an array of offensive talent, you need to be anchored by your defense. This strategy may be decent now, but come playoff time, it's gonna be sad.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

At least the rumors today said the opposite. They said he would probably stay in Detroit for a contract that is around 65 million. But I don't think there are any gaurantee's. I agree about the offense thing. Defense is what the Pistons have always been about. Defense is what wins championships. The only thing I will say to defend the opening up the offensive playbook thing is the NBA doesn't really allow players to defend anymore. Every little touch is a foul. They play more physical in Europe now.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #6
spitfire
Can barely lace up my sneakers

God please make it real thing. Milwaukee needs a good point guard
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

Yeah, true. The NBA is still starting to lean towards the offensive side because of the very broad definition these days of what a foul is. But at the same time, when you think about it the only team that's come close to winning a championship because of offense is Phoenix. Aside from that, the perennial playoff forces like San Antonio play defense.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

depends on how they play this year... if they struggle... why not? rebuild!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #9
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

get rid of flip murray
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #10
Wiiner
Kids at the park dunk on me

Hey guys, first time poster here.

I believe Chauncey has a good chance to stay with the pistons. I can almost bet other teams will offer him more than Detroit will but Mr. Big Shot won't bite. Chauncey isn't the same as Ben in the fact that he doesn't need an extra digit or two in his salary to prove that he is an all-star.

Ben had something to prove in a game where Offense takes pressidence over defense. He wanted the money to prove the pistons should have offered him more. He also did not like Flip Saunders, that one two punch got him in Chicago(Which has been playing very well this year, but Wallace definitly isnt the MVP of that team). I've heard quite the opposite about Billups and Flip Saunders.

Unless something dramatic happens over the course of this next year i'm willing to bet the pistons offer him a contract well over 12 mill a year if not more and he'll take it for the sake of staying in Detroit.

It will be a sad day if Billups decides not to retire a Piston.
Wiiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:23 PM   #11
PistonsD01
I brick open layups

Default Re: Billups To Milwaukee

I can't see Chauncey leaving Detroit right now, but I also couldn't see Ben leaving either so who knows.
If he does leave then the Pistons are in trouble, we would need to trade to get another leader on the floor, Lindsey is good but I don't think he can lead the Pistons to another championship, I see him more as a good back up plus he's getting old
PistonsD01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #12
A-MATT
Banned

Default Re: Billups To Milwaukee

Aint Happening.

Billps Has Already SAid He Want To Stay Wit The Piston And When The Season Is Over He Will Go As A Free Agent
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: