Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-19-2018, 05:45 AM   #46
Rolando
Local High School Star

Default Re: cigarettes are disgusting

Cigarettes help me when I am very stressed. In that regard, they are good medicine.

I end up smoking in phases. I will buy a pack and it lasts a couple weeks. Then I'll go a month without smoking.

Also, it is worth noting: Smoking bars are much more social than non-smoking bars (at least here in Germany). Smoking, in some ways, brings people together more easily.

Anyway.....very bad habit. I am lucky that I don't have addictive tendencies. I appreciate them but definitely don't need them or want them most of the time.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:34 AM   #47
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

You can go to a smoking bar and not drink and you'll be hungover the next day from all the smoke.

It is shit for you.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:19 PM   #48
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
You can go to a smoking bar and not drink and you'll be hungover the next day from all the smoke.

It is shit for you.

You're kind of pu$$y though if that's the case

Just kidding man, smoke particulates of any kind can make people sick if their senses are acute in that area.

I guess technically, I'm still a smoker. I picked it up working in a restaurant many years back. I was a pack a week at most but I stop for months on end and it doesn't bother me too much. I could probably stop for good if I stopped drinking

Hawker, just know if we were at a bar I would buy you a drink then take a drag from my anus and blow it in your general direction, sir
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #49
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

At least when I was in high school in the late 2000s, ppl used to smoke a cigarette before going into school. I weirdly always enjoyed the Smokey smell cigarettes had. Never smoked a cigarette but have tried other forms of tobacco like hookah and black and milds a handful of times in college. Senior year got drunk with my basketball buddies. Ended up what felt like chain smoking black and milds - by smoking them as fast as we could (partially because our friends apartment was super close and we couldnít bring them inside). Ended up trying to meet the next day in the morning for basketball. We all felt like crap, I was out of breath after 1 full court game and my lungs felt like they were on fire. Iím glad I never got hooked on the tobacco because despite the effects of the few heavy tobacco sessions I had, I enjoyed the moment but not the physical effects for 12-14 hrs
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #50
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

Also I was neighbors with one of the hottest girls in my year and I remember her voice being a major turn off. Only talked to her twice (she had a boyfriend, was off limits). She looked like she had a hookah addiction. I felt - there was a week in sophomore year I saw her studying outside with the hookah lamp all to herself. She also had a raspy voice. Some girls can rock that raspy voice in a sultry kind of way, she wasn’t one of them. It didn’t sound attractive at all
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: