Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #16
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

Default Re: Knicks will make playoffs.

Quote:

6)Knicks
7)Nets

Oh YES!

Something is wrong with that. Don't get me wrong I want the Knicks to surprise everyone and make the playoffs but ahead of the Nets? Nope didn't think so. Nets are a Top 5 team in the Eastern Conference.
5 K!DD dribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #17
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
1. The Knicks won 23 and then 33 in the last two seasons. Consequently 42 or 43 wins seems reasonable this year. I hope they will do even better. But they may squeak into the postseason with that.

2. Don't sell Boston short! If they stay healthy, with their Big 3, KG, Pierce and Ray Allen -- they should be a formidable team. They have one of the best players in basketball in Garnet and two all stars in pierce and Allen. I see the Celtics likely to make the playoffs. But, especially in the playoffs, their problem may be a lack of depth on the bench.

So the mentality of the Knicks going up against the Celtics should be something like the Suns run the court the whole game. Never give KG a chance to set himself for blocks and use Randolph and Curry as much as they can to overwhelm him with height. Knicks should keep their players fresh and sub players around in an efficient manner. Lee would be key in this game.

Getting rid of a liablility at the defensive side like Jerome James for some fresh legs also wouldn't hurt. We'll see what happens.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:00 AM   #18
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 K!DD dribbles
Something is wrong with that. Don't get me wrong I want the Knicks to surprise everyone and make the playoffs but ahead of the Nets? Nope didn't think so. Nets are a Top 5 team in the Eastern Conference.

If the Knicks keep Fred Jones and Houston, and if Q-rich is healthy for the majority of the season and hitting his 3's consistantly.......the Knicks will be the best in the Atlantic.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:27 AM   #19
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperboyXX0018
If the Knicks keep Fred Jones and Houston, and if Q-rich is healthy for the majority of the season and hitting his 3's consistantly.......the Knicks will be the best in the Atlantic.

Funny how one word is missing there in that sentence... until you and the Knicks figure out what that word is you will be lottery bound every year... but hey the Bulls can't take the pick this time.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:01 AM   #20
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 K!DD dribbles
Funny how one word is missing there in that sentence... until you and the Knicks figure out what that word is you will be lottery bound every year... but hey the Bulls can't take the pick this time.

Chemistry will not be an issue. And if you're talking about Defense......it will be improved from last season.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

It all starts with Defense, Curry's also going to have to rebound.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #22
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

The Knicks will be better than the Raptors and Nets due to the fact that they made better improvements and they're a more focus team. The players want to win. Chemistry will not be an issue, and our defense will improve because Isiah has promised to take players out of the game who don't play it and find another who will.

Last edited by SuperboyXX0018 : 10-16-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #23
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

Quote:
The Knicks will be better than the Raptors and Nets due to the fact that they made better improvements and they're a more focus team.

How can you imply that they are a better team than the Nets and Raptors simply because of the fact that they have made better improvements? The Knicks have been making better improvements for over 6 years now and the Nets is still the better team. It's true every season you are getting better, just last season your Knicks put up quite a fight against the Nets and almost came out victorious. However, this is still the Nets' favorite team to play against, Jason Kidd's Nets is like 19-4 against the Knicks?

And how do you suppose they are a more focused team? that doesn't make any sense at all. Every team in the NBA who is pursuing the championship this season is focused, to suggest they are a more focused team is beyond me.

Quote:
The players want to win. Chemistry will not be an issue, and our defense will improve because Isiah has promised to take players out of the game who don't play it and find another who will.

The Knicks should have already been a better defensive team since Isiah Thomas runs the team. This is the same guy who was part of "The Bad Boys", I mean you could teach your team to be more agressive. I don't think the Knicks will have trouble on offense this season with all these new pieces... but honestly it takes 100% team effort in order to play defense the way it should be played. If I'm not mistaken the Knicks gave up more than 100 points per game last season so I can't see them winning if that particular stat keeps going up.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

5 K!dd.......

Not to be starting an argument......

As much as I respect Kidd and the job he has done helping the Nets to instant respectability, as a team I believe the Nets had over 14 t/o's per game and that was with an elite PG. Offensively you guys also gave up more than you scored, so we won't get into defense and lack thereof.

The difference maker for the Knicks will be the ability to control turnovers and hitting free throws. At least 10-15 points per game truthfully got lost just by terrible passing and inability to hit free throws. If the Knicks could maybe get back 5 of those points, the score difference would look so much better.

Of course I wish the Knicks had a Kidd- type PG to help in that area.

But since they don't they just have to do it "collectively".
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #25
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

After seeing both preseason games -- I am very disappointed with the Knicks. After 40-point loss to the Celtics and a 16-point deficit to the Kidd-less Nets, the playoffs do not look like a sure thing.

Last season, the Knicks did not play much D , but they could score.

This season they have trouble playing on offence and on defence.

Now, the guards are not moving the ball well and the Knicks look like they will be a lottery team.

They need a much better play making point guard to get them in sync.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: