Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
ClutchBucketz
I hit open 5-footers

ClutchBucketz has no real reputation yet.
Default Pau Gasol is "More than fine"

Bit of a read about how Pau Gasol is ready to work hard and prove the doubters wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn
The Los Angeles Lakers, swept from the playoffs and thoroughly embarrassed by the Dallas Mavericks in the Western Conference semifinals last season, have myriad questions facing them if and when the 2011-12 season finally begins.

Pau Gasol doesn't believe he's one of them.

Despite well-documented postseason struggles -- Gasol averaged only 13.1 points on 42 percent shooting in 10 postseason games against Dallas and New Orleans -- the four-time All-Star says going forward, he'll be fine.

"More than fine," actually.

While he's aware of the criticism he received and takes responsibility for his disappointing play, Gasol is determined to move on.

"Thanks for the trust. Thanks for the trust. That's as much as I can say. I can't pay attention to any negativity. That's just not me, that's not who I am, that's not what I've been in my career, that's not the person that I am. If you know me at all, then-- Let's just wait and see," he told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Following a strong performance for Spain in the European Championships, Gasol said he's fully healthy and believes he can prove any doubters wrong.

"Let's just wait and see," he said. "That's why life is so exciting. Because it puts things in place quickly. I look forward to doing that."

As for the team, Gasol is equally optimistic. Last week, Lakers coach Mike Brown told a small group of reporters at the team's practice facility in El Segundo he doesn't believe significant changes are required for the Lakers to regain championship form.

"I don't know if you need to change the identity too much," Brown said. "I don't know if you need to change the culture too much, because this was already obviously a winning culture here."

More Here
ClutchBucketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #2
with malice
I hit open 5-footers

with malice is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Pau Gasol is "More than fine"

Yup.
Read that piece (and rep'd your post - none of us should have neg reps!!!) - I think there's too much placed on the way Gasol finished the season. It's not like he was the only Laker playing poorly, and people forget that for the first third of the season, he was the consensus league MVP.
with malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
ClutchBucketz
I hit open 5-footers

ClutchBucketz has no real reputation yet.

Yeah Pau should pick it up and i'm actually looking forward to seeing him playing with a chip on his shoulder again like he did post 2008 finals. I just really hope we can maximise the monstrosity that is Bynum/Pau as a frontcourt, it's very rare you see two such tall and skilled big men play alongside each other and it would be a pity to see them fall short of their potential..

By the way your rep doesn't count towards anything when you're in the red unfortunately
ClutchBucketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
with malice
I hit open 5-footers

with malice is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBucketz

By the way your rep doesn't count towards anything when you're in the red unfortunately
Then FIX IT!!! Kiddin'... thanks for that - I didn't know that. Oh. Green now!
with malice is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: