Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Official Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I kinda want to play Witch Doctor. Too bad my computer passes req's with flying colors OUTSIDE OF graphics . It says I can run Wow or SWTOR with low-med settings but not diablo 3.
    should be fine. any computer made within the past 5/6 years should be fine.

I suggest getting somebody to hook you up with a guest pass to try it.

mine is constantly getting 160 fps with a 7970

The servers have been operating more or less flawless for the past few days, but the game still has 2.5/5 stars on amazon because of people raging that they couldnt log in at 12:00 on release day

This game is an instant classic, 95/100 in my eyes. Little details like the soundtrack will blow you away. Playing this game in the dark at 2am with the sound turned way up was one of my best gaming experiences in a long time. The more that I play, the more it feels like a continuation of diablo 2 (with next gen graphics and stuff).
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 05-18-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Playing this game in the dark at 2am with the sound turned way up was one of my best gaming experiences in a long time. The more that I play, the more it feels like a continuation of diablo 2 (with next gen graphics and stuff).
    Pants on or off?

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Finished this on normal yesterday in about 15 hours on a Monk. Got to level 31. The detail in all the environments is really impressive. I wish it was longer though. But I still have 3 more modes to complete plus whatever they add in eventually. I wasn't even rushing either. Just playing with a friend and we explored every area in each section. Going to start over on a Barbarian in between playing Nightmare on the Monk.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Hopefully I can get the new laptop this week and play some D3. No monthly fee right? Just the initial game like D2?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

For those already playing it.. does D3 have a pet/minion class like Druid and Necro on D2? I heard Witch Doctor? That's something I love in RPG's and it's important! . Witch Doctor looks most interesting to me anyways.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    For those already playing it.. does D3 have a pet/minion class like Druid and Necro on D2? I heard Witch Doctor? That's something I love in RPG's and it's important! . Witch Doctor looks most interesting to me anyways.
    There's no monthly fees. Witch doctor is the "pet" class but I've herd it doesn't live up to what the Necro was (what i wanted). He gets zombie wolves which apparently die in 1 hit after act 1 and later afew other summons but not the 100 dudes youd get with a necro. I only played abit of my witch doctor before making a demon hunter, had fun but wished i could customize him so he wasn't a shaky old man.

I'm playing through on nightmare mode now, best game i've played in a long, long time. Had issues connecting for the first 2 games but has been fine ever since, I'm in australia so occasionally have a small amount of lag but nothing that's breaking the game or causing me to get angry with it.

I think i'll keep playing it for awhile, nightmare mode is sufficiently different gameplay wise to make me assume the higher difficulties will need new tactics again. Being able to seamlessly join friends games works really well too imo

Yo, if anyone here plays SC2, you can add me. Sephiroth #602 on North American Server. Master League player

Banned

ok d3 is dead now, hundreds of thousands of accounts hacked even with authenticators and the mods are telling people they have no records of the accounts being hacked so can't restore their items. All servers are down now too lol

Fck diablo, SC2 ftw. More competetive than many real sports, it's like a real sport.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

This Diablo 3 launch looks like a mess. I'm going to pass on the game altogether because of it. I'll get my ARPG looting from Torchlight 2 when it comes out in a couple months.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

yeah torchlight 2 is something i'm thinking of getting.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Diablo 3 is garbage. It takes roughly 5 hours to play through the game on normal, then you go into nightmare mode which is the same except bosses deal more dmg/have more hp.

The game plays fairly easily through hell and then when you reach inferno its just stupid. it's a constant gear check and nothing else, it isn't skill based whatsoever. But the game is an absolute joke at end game. There is no pvp whatsoever and trading/farming is absolutely pointless as there is an auction house with an unlimited amount of items at every level.

Essentially the game is a complete waste with virtually no replayability.

National High School Star

I just got my account hacked yesterday. a level 60 barb with 800 resistance.

I'm actually kind of glad I got hacked. I dumped many hours into this mediocre game just because of nostalgia from D2 and item hoarding.

It was sucking the life out of me. Now its a good time to walk away from this game. To be honest, its not even that good.