Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #76
shlver
코비=GOAT

Default Re: iPhone - Yes or No

The only drawback for me as of now that it is only available with AT&T.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #77
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
No to the iPhone unless your big on media.

Go with a Windows Mobile 6.1 device since the apps are alot cheaper, and readily available fron different sources. And I just find it alot easier to sync & work with my home PC. Whether you want a touch screen device, flip/slider or an open face keyboard is up to you.

I got the HTC Dash 3G from T-Mobile a couple weeks ago, and I like it. There are alot of things on this phone makes EASIER... organization of contacts, appointments & schedule, email etc... and it's way cheaper than any iPhone. I got it for $130 from a booth in the mall.

If I was with ATT, I would go with a Samsung Jack. It's only $99 after rebate.

yeah i'm a winmo guy too. i just gotta have a keyboard. i tried for about 5 or 10 minutes to type my name on that iphone touchscreen keyboard and gave up (i have little patience for learning curve ). i type 35-40 wpm with my thumbs on my htc touch pro. the less touchscreen required the better imho.

and perhaps more importantly (for work) i've got access to microsoft office (and i can edit these docs - word, excel, powerpoint...). i get apps for free (there are tons available). and i use SD memory for storing media. the opera browser and touchFLO interface make using the touchscreen (when i have to) just about as intuitive an experience as i've had using a smart phone.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #78
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
yeah i'm a winmo guy too. i just gotta have a keyboard. i tried for about 5 or 10 minutes to type my name on that iphone touchscreen keyboard and gave up (i have little patience for learning curve ). i type 35-40 wpm with my thumbs on my htc touch pro. the less touchscreen required the better imho.

and perhaps more importantly (for work) i've got access to microsoft office (and i can edit these docs - word, excel, powerpoint...). i get apps for free (there are tons available). and i use SD memory for storing media. the opera browser and touchFLO interface make using the touchscreen (when i have to) just about as intuitive an experience as i've had using a smart phone.
That sounds like an awesome phone.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: