Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #346
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Default Re: Marcus Smart shoves a fan

[quote=Sarcastic]Who said there was an upside for anyone?

All in all, it's a horrible incident for everyone involved.

Quote:
I just don't understand this thinking that people have where they feel they are immune from any repercussions because they bought a ticket to watch a game.

They shouldn't be free from repercussions, that's why if someone says something that outlandish, you let a ref know, you let an official from the opposing team know, you go to the media and bury them with it. Teams generally have no problem tossing the most abusive fans, not only do they harass opposing players in an outlandish manner, they make the other fans around them uncomfortable. Orr's comments, if what is being reported is true, deserve to be widely criticized and the Texas Tech athletic department and university as a whole should be taken to task for their very public association with this guy.

No matter what Smart does now, he's the loser in this. Even people in the media who are sympathetic for him, are denouncing him for crossing that boundary and putting his hands on somebody. You simply can't do that, its about the worst way he possibly could have addressed what Orr said.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #347
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

This happened in the last 10 seconds of the game. What good is it to have the fan tossed, when the game is already over?

The fan has a history of abusive behavior towards the other team. Texas Tech should do the proper thing, and ban him for life from their arenas.
Sarcastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #348
navy
Curry fam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan76
when will black people stop giving white people power and no longer getting upset about the N-word?
When was it confirmed he said the N-word?
navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #349
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

actually with the right PR team they could turn this into a positive for his image.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #350
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
This happened in the last 10 seconds of the game. What good is it to have the fan tossed, when the game is already over?

The fan has a history of abusive behavior towards the other team. Texas Tech should do the proper thing, and ban him for life from their arenas.

Better him being tossed than you. Also if you go to the media with this sort of thing, you'll do far more damage than with a single shove. Right now, Smart is being criticized all over the place, had he kept his hands to himself, the entire media would have his back right now and all the focus would be on this Orr guy and he'd be absolutely getting torn to shreds publicly....instead what we hear is "Well...Orr was wrong to say something derogatory but Smart should NOT have shoved him."
Old 02-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #351
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
Better him being tossed than you. Also if you go to the media with this sort of thing, you'll do far more damage than with a single shove. Right now, Smart is being criticized all over the place, had he kept his hands to himself, the entire media would have his back right now and all the focus would be on this Orr guy and he'd be absolutely getting torn to shreds publicly....instead what we hear is "Well...Orr was wrong to say something derogatory but Smart should NOT have shoved him."

No one would even pay attention if Smart said a fan heckled him. It would be completely shrugged off, and a non story.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #352
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
It sure as hell would. People who sit courtside pay FAR more money for their tickets than that fat ass does. To some people, that entitles them to act a fool and say really outlandish, hateful shit. To them it is part of the fan experience, if Smart can't handle heckling from a college fan, if I were a GM, I'd seriously be worried about what is between his ears and how he'd handle confrontational situations which he'd almost inevitably be faced with in the NBA.

You can't just go reacting physically everytime someone says some stupid shit to you, especially if you have millions of dollars literally on the line. No matter how people spin it, Smart lost his shit, should have been able to let the comment go, by reacting he cost himself, in the present and future and he cost his team.

Rather than showing heart, it shows immaturity and lack of self control. Fans will always attack opposing players and some will take it way over the top, if he let this guy get to him, should I be worried about another Artest situation if I draft this guy?

One incident. If you can point to a repeated history of bad behavior then maybe you have something. This is an isolated incident. Demarcus Cousins was drafted high when he came out. His maturity and character had more red flags than Marcus Smart.

Smart draft stock will not be impacted by this. If you believe so you're a moron. There are other things that will impact his stock in the draft. Shooting, draft measurable (height) which will lead to can he play SG because as a PG he simply doesn't make good decisions with the ball. I can go on and on, bottom line what he does on the court will impact his stock and quite frankly it was down prior to this incident. Along with the fact Dante Exum declared which pushed Smart down as well.

Smarten up, pun intended
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #353
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
One incident. If you can point to a repeated history of bad behavior then maybe you have something. This is an isolated incident. Demarcus Cousins was drafted high when he came out. His maturity and character had more red flags than Marcus Smart.

Smart draft stock will not be impacted by this. If you believe so you're a moron. There are other things that will impact his stock in the draft. Shooting, draft measurable (height) which will lead to can he play SG because as a PG he simply doesn't make good decisions with the ball. I can go on and on, bottom line what he does on the court will impact his stock and quite frankly it was down prior to this incident. Along with the fact Dante Exum declared which pushed Smart down as well.

Smarten up, pun intended

Your point would have some slight merit if this was the first of his reported issues with his temper, but it isn't. If the NCAA drops the hammer, he's going to be sitting it out while his peers in the draft are going to be potentially moving up in front of him due to some lousy judgment.

There's no way that a GM or team's scouting department doesn't take this incident into consideration, whether it is reflective of a largely immature mindset and one that is incapable of dealing with confrontation appropriately. He had a lot to lose and with the strong bevy of prospects in the draft lottery this year, he definitely cost himself some money. This will simply be a negative lumped on to all his other negatives when teams consider the pro's and con's of drafting him.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #354
Bibby4Three
Rondo Roger That

Quote:
No one would even pay attention if Smart said a fan heckled him. It would be completely shrugged off, and a non story.

Exactly. For the fat slob to think he can run his mouth and say whatever he wants just because he is a fan at a basketball game is unjustified.

What a clown and a coward that fan was and acted like a ***** when he got pushed.
Bibby4Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #355
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:

Not true. If he came out and stated exactly what he's claiming right now, the story would have drawn plenty of attention. He could have verbally confronted the guy, got up in his face and let him have it, and he still would have been fine, but once you put your hands on someone, you lose.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #356
Bodhi
Local High School Star

Quote:
Your point would have some slight merit if this was the first of his reported issues with his temper, but it isn't. If the NCAA drops the hammer, he's going to be sitting it out while his peers in the draft are going to be potentially moving up in front of him due to some lousy judgment.

There's no way that a GM or team's scouting department doesn't take this incident into consideration, whether it is reflective of a largely immature mindset and one that is incapable of dealing with confrontation appropriately. He had a lot to lose and with the strong bevy of prospects in the draft lottery this year, he definitely cost himself some money. This will simply be a negative lumped on to all his other negatives when teams consider the pro's and con's of drafting him.
You can't honestly think this. Teams draft players with character issues in the lottery every year

Really the fan, Jeff Orr, is the one with a repeated history of character issues.
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #357
Sarcastic

So what if he drops a spot or two in the draft. The new CBA limits how much rookies make anyway. The good money comes after the rookie deal.

And why do people care so much about his draft stock? Most of you seem to hate him.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #358
blood yes
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
Words are words. Unless you're in spitting at me or physical attacking me, nothing happens. You'll just be an insane moron to me.
Yup, ur right, words are words

Btw, i fuked ur mom up the ass, comed on ur sister, and she gave me a nice slow blowjob as i fingered her ass. Then, i grabbed ur mom's boobs and tittysprinkled em in front of ur dad, while ur dad fed me some chicken and pizza.

Oh yeah, and ur mom is a whore bitch ass.

But you dont care, words are just words, right?
blood yes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #359
moe94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood yes
Yup, ur right, words are words

Btw, i fuked ur mom up the ass, comed on ur sister, and she gave me a nice slow blowjob as i fingered her ass. Then, i grabbed ur mom's boobs and tittysprinkled em in front of ur dad, while ur dad fed me some chicken and pizza.

Oh yeah, and ur mom is a whore bitch ass.

But you dont care, words are just words, right?

Spoken like a 10 year old. Who would get mad at that shit? You look like a moron. Not saying you are, but if that's your idea of trying to hurt someone with words then....
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #360
blood yes
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
It's the same thing. If you can contain your emotions, you're the bigger man. If you chase down people that hurl insults at you your entire life, you're going to have a pretty short life. It seems like this new generation of punk kids don't understand the difference.

If you have a mentality that it is justifiable to seek physical retribution for insults hurled your way, please check yourself into a hospital right away.
Yup, totally agree with you.

Oh yeah, btw, i hope you go kill yourself you little bitch *****, i ****ed ur momso hard last night her ****** tore apart, then i fingered ur sister in the ass, and made ur dad watch all of it. Then i shoved a fat ass carrot up ur brother, and he killed himself through suicide

How do you like that? Im sure you dont mind, after all, words wont hurt you :)
blood yes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: