Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #451
BigMacAttack
High School Starter

Default Re: Marcus Smart shoves a fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarabbus
Well, consider he's a grown man who goes to college basketball games and talks **** to teenagers, to the point that multiple NBA players have verified this guys antics.

Yes what Smart did was unacceptable but this guy's "tarnished record" is deserved.

Yeah I agree, what Smart did cant happen but a teenager losing his cool in the middle of an upset game is not as bad a look as a grown man who is so abusive at college games that players remember him years later. There are plenty of people who heckle so to stand out like that you must be pretty pathetic.
BigMacAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #452
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
Yeah I agree, what Smart did cant happen but a teenager losing his cool in the middle of an upset game is not as bad a look as a grown man who is so abusive at college games that players remember him years later. There are plenty of people who heckle so to stand out like that you must be pretty pathetic.
He's their teams most notable fan, so any opponent would know him regardless, and he's in plenty of youtube clips to prove he's known, although this incident let everyone who normally dont watch know as well.

From the info reported those former players said he always said crazy stuff, but none stated the need to lay hands on him or that he was racial, which is what made this story fly.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #453
FLDFSU
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
na he doesn't deserve that AT ALL .. heckling's been going on forever at every arena of every basketball game .. being forced to drop out of going to anymore games ? gtfoh .. someone who does deserve something is smart who should've been suspended for much longer .. pretty fkn weird that he wasn't even ejected from the game and now only gets 3 games .. pretty fkn odd if you ask me ..

so the precedent's been set .. fan pisses me off, I can attack them and expect a small 3 game suspension and a slap on the wrist

May I make a suggestion to you? I think you would make a great baseball or hockey fan...stop watching basketball (or the nfl) it will save you some frustration...
FLDFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #454
BigMacAttack
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
He's their teams most notable fan, so any opponent would know him regardless, and he's in plenty of youtube clips to prove he's known, although this incident let everyone who normally dont watch know as well.

From the info reported those former players said he always said crazy stuff, but none stated the need to lay hands on him or that he was racial, which is what made this story fly.

Not defending what Smart did, like I said that can't happen. But I think some fans can take heckling way to far without ever being racist about it and I dont think players should have to put up with overly abusive fans, especially not college kids.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #455
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
lets stay on topic shall we .. what's your take on a basketball player attacking a fan ? do you think that's ever justified during a game ?

Hard to stay on your topic when your initial reply is about as dumb as your avatar

Blame yourself for the distracting post.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #456
sportjames23
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik Smits' Hair
The white guilt mentality that a lot of Americans have lead to crap this being excused.

Seriously, man?
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #457
sportjames23
GOAT

Quote:
he should've been ejected and suspended at least 10 games .. you don't touch people in the stands .. it's pretty simple .. this isn't some ghetto pick up game at the park .. the fact that he wasn't ejected is pretty strange

Says the asshole with the Zimmerman avatar.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #458
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Not defending what Smart did, like I said that can't happen. But I think some fans can take heckling way to far without ever being racist about it and I dont think players should have to put up with overly abusive fans, especially not college kids.
They're both wrong imo, and at least there was some penalty to both.

I agree fans can go overboard, but you gotta be smarter than what smart did.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #459
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik Smits' Hair
The white guilt mentality that a lot of Americans have lead to crap this being excused.

Quote:
it's in thing .. the cool, pc thing to do these days to jump on anything even remotely being 'racial' .. people get a hard on and start salivating at the thought of having a chance to 'take down the bad evil racist' when they hear about stuff like this .. and what's funny is that a lot of these people are white themselves .. they've been taught self hate quite well

This whole "white people calling out white people for having white guilt, end white guilt" BS is just ****ing stupid.
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #460
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Just thinking about it now... IF, and a big if here, the fan in fact did not use any racial slur, but had said something like "you flopping piece of crap!" etc... and Marcus Smart tried to justify his outburst by claiming the fan called him the n word... That's a very heavy claim to make as well.

One can argue Marcus Smart's shove would seem insignificant if the social media labels this Orr guy a racist. He'd likely get fired from his job, receive death threats of the internet crazies, receive unrequested pizza deliveries etc..

I know nothing is set in stone but right now i hear a player saying one thing and a fan saying another. The outburst and shove is the only thing that lends more credence towards the player's story but it really shouldn't be enough.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #461
moe94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarabbus

This whole "white people calling out white people for having white guilt, end white guilt" BS is just ****ing stupid.

The idea that anytime a white person cares whatsoever about anyone who isn't white is feeling white guilt is seriously the most retarded aspect of the internet. It never ceases to amaze me.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:42 PM   #462
BigMacAttack
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
The idea that anytime a white person cares whatsoever about anyone who isn't white is feeling white guilt is seriously the most retarded aspect of the internet. It never ceases to amaze me.

These dudes like their crackers wearing bedsheets and burning crosses, anything else must be fake.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #463
Leftimage
I dunk in Crocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
This.

Assuming he only called Smart a piece of crap.

It shows A: Smart has a short fuse
and
B: Orr is a dumbass that taunts people a third his age. What kind of grown man goes out of his way to call a kid a piece of crap over a basketball game.

At least smart has his age as an excuse for his immaturity. What is orr's?

Actually, Smart in this case was guilty of aggression, not immaturity.

A good excuse for Orr would be that heckling is an uncontroversial, age-old tradition in each and every sporting event. Hecklers are annoying but they're not guilty of anything.

You do realize that NBA players have been doused with beer at games? And that the penalties for reacting physically have been extremely harsh. Of course it's much more aggravating having someone throw a projectile at you than having someone call you a name.

And to all the people thinking Smart somehow stood up for himself or gave the guy what he deserved. Are you serious? Smart showed the whole world he has anger-management issues & is thin-skinned.

That this can somehow be construed as Smart being a tough guy blows my mind. He is a liability & a sensitive little boy. I wouldn't draft him.

''what kind of grown man...'' Uh, are you new to sports, bro?

Last edited by Leftimage : 02-09-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Leftimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #464
BigMacAttack
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftimage
Actually, Smart in this case was guilty of aggression, not immaturity.

A good excuse for Orr would be that heckling is an uncontroversial, age-old tradition in each and every sporting event. Hecklers are annoying but they're not guilty of anything.

You do realize that NBA players have been doused with beer at games? And that the penalties for reacting physically have been extremely harsh. Of course it's much more aggravating having someone throw a projectile at you than having someone call you a name.

And to all the people thinking Smart somehow stood up for himself or gave the guy what he deserved. Are you serious? Smart showed the whole world he has anger-management issues.

That this can somehow be construed as Smart being a tough guy blows my mind. He is a liability & a sensitive little boy. I wouldn't draft him.

''what kind of grown man...'' Uh, are you new to sports, bro?

What Smart did was very stupid and it may be he has temper issues/a short fuse. Some form of punishment is definitely deserved imo.

That being said it blows my mind you cannot see what is wrong with a grown man heckling college kids, these aren't even proffessional athletes yet. Like 95 percent of people can go to a game and cheer and heckle without going overboard but we are supposed to excuse the ones that do because its sport?
Old 02-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #465
Leftimage
I dunk in Crocs

Quote:
That being said it blows my mind you cannot see what is wrong with a grown man heckling college kids, these aren't even proffessional athletes yet. Like 95 percent of people can go to a game and cheer and heckle without going overboard but we are supposed to excuse the ones that do because its sport?

I said hecklers are annoying, what more do you want from me? Are you not familiar with this type of behavior? I don't condone it, I'm saying it is commonplace at all levels of sport where there is even mild interest. It probably happens in little league games, dude.

Google hecklers and you'll find a bunch of articles and very little commentary on how ''wrong'' heckling is. It's just a tradition... and your response to it (which I assume is linked to your feelings about Smart) is bordering on effeminate, if you don't mind my saying. The way you're describing it, one would think you're referring to child molestation.

And enough about the grown man bullshit, Marcus Smart is a grown man, 1 year removed from earning millions.

This Orr dude isn't even an example of a heckler going too far. Just a normal heckler whose life has been turned upside down by the now rescinded accusations of an overly aggressive jock. Come to think of it this is like the mildest form of heckling.

Better quit while you're ahead if you don't want to seem like any more of tampon-wearing dork.
Leftimage is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: