Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
    Local High School Star

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 guards project: #19 - Reggie Miller vs. Ray Allen

[QUOTE=G.O.A.T]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    Ray Allen.

Ray Allen performed at a higher level for much longer -[.quote]

Actually the opposite is true. Reggie was a franchise player for 12 years, Allen for eight.

When Reggie was Ray's current age he was scoring 41 against a 24 year old Ray Allen to win game five of a playoff series.

Then you meant to vote for Reggie. At his peak he took a team further into the playoffs, posted better playoff numbers and had a longer prime.

btw, want to join the project, I can't see anyone objecting?
    I disagree GOAT theres no doubt reggie went further more consistently but ray allens playoff stats are only down due to his role in boston as hes not a franchise player anymore... you look at his playoff yrs on the sonics and bucks and you see he put up better all around numbers then reggie while leading some subpar casts in some cases

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 guards project: #19 - Reggie Miller vs. Ray Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    I disagree GOAT theres no doubt reggie went further more consistently but ray allens playoff stats are only down due to his role in boston as hes not a franchise player anymore... you look at his playoff yrs on the sonics and bucks and you see he put up better all around numbers then reggie while leading some subpar casts in some cases
    All-around maybe, but that speaks more to the difference in role. Allen usually averaged more PPG during the regular season as a franchise guy yet his four playoff PPG's prior to the Celtics are 22, 22, 25 and 26 whereas Reggie's prime #1 option PPG are 21, 22, 27, 32, 23, 26, 20, 20, 24, 31 and 24. Consider that the Pacers made the EC in both 20 ppg seasons and it gets even more impressive. The guy consistently elevated his scoring as much as necessary to keep the Pacers competitive. It's the greatest part of his legacy.

I'm not sure Allen had that much worse teams around him. He always had better second and third options and lesser role players. Hard to distinguish for me.