Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dying Light

Default Dying Light

Anybody picking this game up? I've wanted it since the PS4 dropped. Not sure what it's all about, but I preordered it and already downloaded. Just waiting for 12:00. I got it on my XB1 though.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Dying Light

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Anybody picking this game up? I've wanted it since the PS4 dropped. Not sure what it's all about, but I preordered it and already downloaded. Just waiting for 12:00. I got it on my XB1 though.

I was looking at it last week and it looks really interesting. Real survivalist notions, limited ammo and simple weapons. I really like the day night cycle and the change in the zombies. And I love free running elements in my games. But the First Person - ness drove me away.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

It's being developed by Techland who developped Zombie Island. Zombie Island wasn't great....just good. I might give it a shot as soon as I get through Mordor and Far Cry 4.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    It's being developed by Techland who developped Zombie Island. Zombie Island wasn't great....just good. I might give it a shot as soon as I get through Mordor and Far Cry 4.
    You mean Dead Island yeah?

I think dying light looks ok but will wait on review. I remember reading an article where it's a split off team from Dead Island who had disagreements on the way that game was handled.

Home of the 16

I liked their page on Facebook, so, I watch their trailers here and then. It's a nice game, but, I just don't like how you can launch yourself off of a zombie. I don't know why they just can't create an open world straight-up zombie survival game, nothing supernatural, no arcade feel-ish to it. Straight up DayZ style.

I'll try it out.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

There are surely other game play videos out there but this is the one I watched because I like this channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE4is7nLjoI

Looks tight.

Banned

early reviews were saying the controls suck and it's hard to tell what's going on in combat. It looks like the night times parts are the best bit.

I'm enjoying it so far. Very very unique experience with the traversing elements and shit. Combat seems a little weird. Like too loose I guess. I damn sure don't feel OP and that's always great to me. I haven't battled the zombies at night yet though.

But is the combat loose because you are encouraged not to engage in combat?

Home of the 16

Is the combat a freewill system? I don't know what's that called, but, it's like you swing your weapon and it'll hit anyone who's nearby or in the vicinity? Or is it like you pick a target and it'll give out an swing/combat animation based on the situation/positioning? & if there's more than 2 zombies, you can pull off a quick combo i.e. axe the first zombie, pull it out, axe the other zombie beside him, pull out your secondary weapon and use your hand to axe the zombie behind him?

I'm just reaching for something here. Thanks.

Banned

I just cant wait for dayz to come out for ps4

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    But is the combat loose because you are encouraged not to engage in combat?
    Nah you gain xp for engaging in combat. You can level up power (combat) and agility (running and shit)

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Is the combat a freewill system? I don't know what's that called, but, it's like you swing your weapon and it'll hit anyone who's nearby or in the vicinity? Or is it like you pick a target and it'll give out an swing/combat animation based on the situation/positioning? & if there's more than 2 zombies, you can pull off a quick combo i.e. axe the first zombie, pull it out, axe the other zombie beside him, pull out your secondary weapon and use your hand to axe the zombie behind him?

I'm just reaching for something here. Thanks.
    You swing and whoever in the range of motion gets hit. You can swing and hit maybe 2 or 3 zombies if they're perfectly aligned. I haven't seen anything about a combos yet though. Hopefully I get something soon cause I like to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Nah you gain xp for engaging in combat. You can level up power (combat) and agility (running and shit)
    But there are two branches right?

Nah you're right if they have a combat tree there is no reason for combat mechanics to be poor. Damn. Does it at least feel satisfying to hit targets and shit?

Banned

Damn physical copies aren't out in Australia and Europe until next month. Why would they delay the physical copies but not the digital? Did they have to re edit the game to fit classification or something?