Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Republican George Stantos admits to lying and completely making up his background

“I am not a criminal. Not here, not abroad, in any jurisdiction in the world have I ever committed any crimes,” Santos said in an interview with WABC radio host John Catsimatidis.

“To get down to the nit and gritty, I’m not a fraud. I’m not a criminal who defrauded the entire country and made up this fictional character and ran for Congress. I’ve been around a long time. I mean, a lot of people know me. They know who I am. They’ve done business dealings with me,” he added.

“I’m not going to make excuses for this, but a lot of people overstate in their resumes, or twist a little bit. … I’m not saying I’m not guilty of that,” he said.

Santos also admitted that he never worked directly for the financial firms Citigroup and Goldman Sachs, as he has previously suggested, but claimed that he did do work for them through his company, telling the New York Post it was a “poor choice of words” to say he worked for them.

He also told the Post that he didn’t graduate from any college or university, despite claiming he had degrees from Baruch College and New York University.

“I didn’t graduate from any institution of higher learning. I’m embarrassed and sorry for having embellished my resume,” he told the Post, adding that he owns up to that and that “we do stupid things in life.”

He told WABC, “I want to make sure that if I disappointed anyone by resume embellishment, I am sorry.”
    CNN’s KFile also reported last week that claims by Santos that his grandparents “survived the Holocaust” as Ukrainian Jewish refugees from Belgium who changed their surname are contradicted by sources including family trees compiled by genealogy websites, records on Jewish refugees and interviews with multiple genealogists. A lawyer for Santos had declined to comment to CNN.

“I never claimed to be Jewish,” Santos told the Post. “I am Catholic. Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was ‘Jew-ish.’”

Santos had said he was “very proud” of his “Jewish heritage” as recently as a late November 2022 appearance with the Jewish News Syndicate.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/26/polit...ume/index.html

Default Re: Republican George Stantos admits to lying and completely making up his background

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Re: Republican George Stantos admits to lying and completely making up his background

If there is any doubt which media outlets are the most fair and balanced. This hot topic about a freshman representative is all over CNN, MSNBC, ABC etc but on FOX as well. But when the president of the United States admittedly lied about him coming from a family of coal miners, never being involved in business dealings with Hunter, his family being killed by a drunk driver, graduated at the top of his class when he was 76th out of 85th(mentioned briefly by CNN weeks later), was asked by Israel to be a liaison Israel and Egypt during the 6 Day War etc etc, where was CNN and MSNBC?

All cable news is biased but who have thunk that FOX News truly would end up being the most fair and balanced of them all by far

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Liberal hypocrisy at its finest. "Hey look at that Republican that lied about his background while we commit crimes and ruin the country from within"

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Stantos College Degree:

Trump University: Certificate of Scamming

Presented to George Stantos

With a dual major in lying and cheating, the above student has made me bigly proud

Donald J. Trump, Scammer In Chief

MAGA assholes in here keep trying to deflect from the insane corruption and ineptitude of the GOP, what will it take for them to actually fess up to their wrongdoings?

Tulsi Gabbard a.k.a 'Republican sweetheart' rips up Stantos:

Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) ripped into Rep.-elect George Santos (R-N.Y.) over his embellishments and fabrications about his background, asking him point-blank, “Do you have no shame?”

“If I were one of those in New York’s 3rd District right now, now that the election is over, and I’m finding out all of these lies that you’ve told, not just one little lie or one little embellishment — these are blatant lies — my question is, do you have no shame?” Gabbard asked while filling in for Fox News host Tucker Carlson in an interview with Santos on Tuesday evening. “Do you have no shame? And the people who are now, you’re asking to trust you to go and be their voice for them, their families and their kids in Washington?”

And talk about some whoppers lies.

Stantos didn't graduate from any college (like Poosie) but said he had degrees from Baruch College and NYU.

Falsely claimed to be Jewish and had grandparents who "survived the Holocaust.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer View Post
    MAGA assholes in here keep trying to deflect from the insane corruption and ineptitude of the GOP, what will it take for them to actually fess up to their wrongdoings?
    You wouldn't dare call me a MAGA asshole to my face. Little punk ass bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    When Poopsie's got nothing, resort to empty threats of violence.

But he says he's a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Nobody is scared of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Nobody is scared of you.
    You should.

This is worse than Biden claiming he’d graduated top half of his class when he graduated 76th in a class of 85.

I truly believe basically all politicians are by nature terrible people because power changes people. I’d trust a homeless man over the word of a politician.