Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2016-17 regular season!

Favors and Burks looked great though!

Exum got benched for Neto. Good to see him not sticking with guys that aren't doing it. Was nice to see Johnson rest too!

Snyder says hyperextension. May have dodged a bullet!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...p-Orlando.html

Boris Diaw had a strange line: 2 of 8 (0 for 3 from the 3-point line) and had a team-high plus-21 in the +/-.
    Thought he looked great n the first half. Too inconistent like most of their guys

Dante Exum had just 2 points in 8 minutes while committing 3 fouls.
    Dante is back, who needs the D-league!

Magic: Elfrid Payton nearly had a triple-double: 28 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists.
    He killed them. Hill struggled on the back to back. Not quite back still I guess. Neto gave them some solid minutes out of street clothes.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ver-Magic.html

"I seen him walk, so that's a good sign."
    hopefully

The injury-plagued Jazz, who've been healthy on the whole for about a week
    Actually not because Bolomboy was hurt during most of that though it's barely been mentioned.

Joe Ingles then clinched the victory with back-to-back 3-pointers after subbing in for Hood.
    Maybe Ingles enters the starting line-up now and stays there where I think he belongs. Hood and Burks leading the bench charge.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4818147...avors-big-dunk

"It's been a process for me, especially with the injury," Favors said. "I had gotten to a point where I lost explosiveness, but it's definitely starting to come back."
    I wan't sure he'd ever be the same but he looked like his old self last night. Burks also back. Hopefully Hood will be alright! Maybe an extension coming after all?

http://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjaz...inue-to-amaze/

Two years ago the Jazz played the Magic and he played 11 minutes. It still has not been 2 years since the Enes Kanter trade. To make this jump in a span of two years is unthinkable.
    He'd emerged about a month earlier so the fact that he played 11 minutes was a joke!

http://www.slcdunk.com/utah-jazz-new...-orlando-magic

Hood is what makes this good Utah Jazz team potentially great. His ability to heat up and hit late game threes has saved this team countless times over his abbreviated three year career.
    You're overrating him. He's potentially another streaky scorer ideally off the bench like Burks.

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/01/14...orlando-magic/

Rodney Hood, who had come on recently after a rough stretch of games, hyperextended his knee on a drive attempt after stepping on the foot of Jodie Meeks.
    didn't se him step on a foot but only watched it once. That was enough. Left the room with him on the floor screaming in agony

If Hood is forced to miss significant time, Burks may need to step back into his old role as starting shooting guard once he can handle more minutes.
    Ingles though Snyder might go with his boy Johnson. I'm worried about you his biggest fan though

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/jazznote...diagnosed-with

[QUOTE]Snyder can go a few ways to fill the void in the starting lineup. He can go with Joe Ingles, who has played extremely well this season off the bench. He could go to Alec Burks, who is still making his way back to full speed within the rotation. He could go to Joe Johnson, or even young guard Dant

Rodney Hood has a bone bruise from what I've heard. Not bad, my first reaction was that he tore his ACL.
    And Derrick did look better today, he needs to really get up more shots against the inferior competition that the Jazz are going to face for the next month to get back into shape. Also, Dante has not been good at all. I wouldn't really say that it's the refs fault, he just straight up fouls whoever he's guarding and gets into foul trouble. To his credit, he didn't do that too much the last two games, but his "best" game of the season so far against Detroit yielded 4 points and 4 assists. Hopefully Alec gets some run at PG with Ingles getting more SG minutes in Hood's absence, if Hood continues to be streaky we might need Alec more than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWad3
    Rodney Hood has a bone bruise from what I've heard. Not bad, my first reaction was that he tore his ACL.
    And Derrick did look better today, he needs to really get up more shots against the inferior competition that the Jazz are going to face for the next month to get back into shape. Also, Dante has not been good at all. I wouldn't really say that it's the refs fault, he just straight up fouls whoever he's guarding and gets into foul trouble. To his credit, he didn't do that too much the last two games, but his "best" game of the season so far against Detroit yielded 4 points and 4 assists. Hopefully Alec gets some run at PG with Ingles getting more SG minutes in Hood's absence, if Hood continues to be streaky we might need Alec more than I thought
    Despite Exum's stats against Detroit and looking decent he still doesn't look like he belongs on an NBA floor for a top team.

Not sure Alec at the one is the answer either. Rather see Neto. Hayward and Ingles taking the back-up PF minutes and Johnson, Diaw and Lyles sitting which gives plenty of minutes to everyone that hasn't sucked.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...z-players.html

[QUOTE] we have confidence in our bench, and we should. It