Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: The Killing [AMC] is the best show on TV period

Skinner really had not crossed my mind, but he's been pretty heavily pushing Linden to stay away from the case as well.

It's been a very good season.

What a stupid filler episode...

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby

I kind of agree, although I thought I was just inclined to think that way because I didn't really care for the Seward story line all season, so I didn't really want to say anything.
    I suppose it brings what has been a three season arc to a reasonable conclusion. And now in the finale it can be all about throwing that last twist into the case. I believe it's a two hour finale as well.

There was still some good things in the episode, and I thought the end was powerful. Linden helped convict Seward, but later found out he was innocent. She was unable to get him a stay of execution, and had to watch an innocent person hang. And to make it worse, Seward's bravado caused the calculations to be off, so he suffered through it. She had to sit there and listen to him gurgle and gasp for air. Now, both Linden and Holder carry some guilt for recent deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I kind of agree, although I thought I was just inclined to think that way because I didn't really care for the Seward story line all season, so I didn't really want to say anything.
    I suppose it brings what has been a three season arc to a reasonable conclusion. And now in the finale it can be all about throwing that last twist into the case. I believe it's a two hour finale as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    There was still some good things in the episode, and I thought the end was powerful. Linden helped convict Seward, but later found out he was innocent. She was unable to get him a stay of execution, and had to watch an innocent person hang. And to make it worse, Seward's bravado caused the calculations to be off, so he suffered through it. She had to sit there and listen to him gurgle and gasp for air. Now, both Linden and Holder carry some guilt for recent deaths.
    I guess we can all agree that it's good that we are done with the Seward story line.

Sarsgaard was good in that role, but yeah, I think that character ran its course.

Holder was the murderer the whole time? I did NOT see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Holder was the murderer the whole time? I did NOT see that coming.
    Dumbledorf was the killer.

I really liked the ending. It wasn't so over the top as to be exhausting. I would totally watch a new case, even new cops in a new city. But I'm also ok with it just being over.

Andy Greenwald, who is a TV critic who I really like, absolutely hates this show, which is fine. I've read and listened to enough of his criticism to not exactly disagree with his gripes, I just feel like they bother me less than him. But he's so giving the rusty trumbone to FX's The Bridge, which I'm also watching, but is such an inferior version of the same show, and knowing that he had an extended sit down interview with the head of FX, and has a relationship with the creators of The Bridge, that I've sort of lost some respect for his opinion.

Anyway. There was a production problem I felt with the episode. I don't quite understand how Linden coulda believed that Skinner could've gotten the kid all the out to that Lake house from the time he went missing, then still made it back home for her. She should've been asking him where the hell they were going about halfway into that drive. It was 1030 am when Holder got pulled into IA. And it was pitch black by the time they got out to he lake house. Had to be an 8 hour drive at least, considering it wasn't even fall, based on what the trees looked like when she was in the treehouse.
    Minor, but just something that had me scratching me head as I was watching.

just finished season 4.

I know a lot of people gave up on this show but supposedly the 4th and final season which is on Netflix now is very good, I'll have to watch it sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    I know a lot of people gave up on this show but supposedly the 4th and final season which is on Netflix now is very good, I'll have to watch it sometime soon.
    yup, it was very good. for me seasons 1 and 2 were great, season 3 was meh, but season 4 is probably the best one.

Very good season 4 besides the unnecessary stretched out epilogue. Seasons 3 and 4 have been the best ones. This show could have been an all-timer if they had wrapped up the Rosie Larsen case in one season.

bears can smell it OncePerMonth's Avatar

Not much has changed, I see.

I didn't even know this existed. Thanks for the heads up.

I was a little late to the draw with this show but I enjoyed it tremendously. I actually liked how the first murder case spanned two seasons. I can understand how those who watched it all along agonized over the slow pace in the onset though. I just watched the whole series in a few weeks, thus I didn't have to wait and wait.

I thought the first two seasons were remarkably strong, then those subsequent were great but a tier below. The supporting cast in the first two seasons was unmatchable, excellent from top to bottom. I preferred 1, 2, 4, then 3.

To anyone looking for a show to watch, I highly recommend it.