Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote Originally Posted by DreamYaoTmac5
    actually if you look closer at the blocks, Dwight has more.
    a few more blocks... he also played in more games, percentage is the same. Thats basically a wash on that statistic. I looking at the biggest disparity among stats.... Points, turnovers, ft's and rebounds.

defensively they are similar.... actually pretty close as head to head competition goes. Howard is by far a better rebounder but as an overall defensive presence they are similar... I do give the edge to Howard. As far as offense is concerned it is one sided Amare owns him in every stat. easily. haha Amare has way more post moves, better mid range jumper better ball handling skills better shooter than Dwight. They foul Amare so much because they can't stop him down low in the post.... They foul Dwight because he can't hit a damn free throw.... dude is a liability on the offense when the game is in crunch time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
    a few more blocks... he also played in more games, percentage is the same. Thats basically a wash on that statistic. I looking at the biggest disparity among stats.... Points, turnovers, ft's and rebounds.

defensively they are similar.... actually pretty close as head to head competition goes. Howard is by far a better rebounder but as an overall defensive presence they are similar... I do give the edge to Howard. As far as offense is concerned it is one sided Amare owns him in every stat. easily. haha Amare has way more post moves, better mid range jumper better ball handling skills better shooter than Dwight. They foul Amare so much because they can't stop him down low in the post.... They foul Dwight because he can't hit a damn free throw.... dude is a liability on the offense when the game is in crunch time.
    If that's the way you feel then who is the best between yao, Amare and Dwight?

I think Yao > Dwight > Amare, I believed Amare was better last season than Dwight, but I think Dwight emerged this season by a lot.

Banned

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Nice opinions there buddy, but we are looking for hard facts, and you are wrong about Yao and this is not about Yao dink.
    i guess ur just not a good reader then, cuz i backed up my opinions with facts all thru that message. i know i might have hurt ur feelings cuz yao is weak and keeps getting injured but he has yet to prove anyone anything different. oh well, maybe next year

btw Josh Smith got his career high 22 rebounds (18 points) against yao and the rockets, nuff said

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doinitbig06
    i guess ur just not a good reader then, cuz i backed up my opinions with facts all thru that message. i know i might have hurt ur feelings cuz yao is weak and keeps getting injured but he has yet to prove anyone anything different. oh well, maybe next year

btw Josh Smith got his career high 22 rebounds (18 points) against yao and the rockets, nuff said
    If Yao is so weak, why is it that when Dwight tries to back-down and overpower Yao he fails too?
    hmm?
    Why is it that Dwight gets owned head to head by Yao just like Amare?

You are wrong in every way possible kid.

Quote Originally Posted by 3stat2
    I'm not sure about that, because his role is often to get out on the break while Shaq cleans up the board and throws the outlet. The simple fact that he's told to run out on the break (because he's the team's best finisher) means he's not going to stay around for the defensive rebounds.

So because of that, I don't think his rebound numbers will go up that much.
    Porter runs a different offense than Dantoni.... so keep that in consideration. Shaq isn't going to be on the court much. I guarantee you Amare's rebounds are somewhere in the 10.7-11.6 range this next season.

I think Yao > Dwight > Amare, I believed Amare was better last season than Dwight, but I think Dwight emerged this season by a lot.
    Overall game.... Amare. I think Amare is also more entertaining to watch and all, but overall Yao is a very good player

If only Yao had some hops.
    Last edited by DOUBLE DRIBBLE; 07-06-2008 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
    dude is a liability on the offense when the game is in crunch time.
    Funny you bring that up. Lets look at there "clutch stats" per 48 min:
    (4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left,
    neither team ahead by more than 5 points)

Amare: 39.8 points
    Dwight: 13.8 points

Amare: 50% fg
    Dwight: 43.8 fg%

Amare: 20.9 fta
    Dwight: 13.1 fta

If Yao is so weak, why is it that when Dwight tries to back-down and overpower Yao he fails too?
    hmm?

How exactly does Yao own Amare head to head?

Post the stats.

Banned

I think everyone knows that Amare dominates the offensive end, but I think many many people are ignoring are the intangibles and the things that big men usually need to do to in order to win championships

That is

Rebounding and Defense.

Here are the list of great big men who were great in those 2 categories

KG
    Kareem
    Russell
    Wilt
    Shaq
    Bill Walton

Seriously, I can go on for days.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    How exactly does Yao own Amare head to head?

Post the stats.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=mingya01

Amare averages more PPG and that's about it.
    Everything else Yao owns him in.

If you think Amare was better than Dwight last season then why did you say this.

I say Dwight, better rebounder and defender which is more important than pure offense and instant offense, while Dwight is a good finisher himself.
    Since Amare was better last season according to you and the year before, how exactly is Dwight better?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    If you think Amare was better than Dwight last season then why did you say this.

Since Amare was better last season according to you and the year before, how exactly is Dwight better?
    He emerged on his shot blocking ability and somewhat on his scoring ability.

Banned

hmm?

looks like the yao rockets and amare suns only met once in the 07-08 season and what happened?

yao 12 pts (4/17 FGs 4/6 FTs) 6 rbs 0 blks
    amare 21 pts (8/8 FGs 5/6 FTs) 13 rbs 2 blks

suns win 115-105

hows that for facts fool?

High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

Yea Yao is so weak, i guess that is why when ever Houston plays Orlando they always double team Yao while Yao defends Dwight one on one.

Oh and Yao still beat Dwight in their contests, Dwight has not even beat Yao once.

And man some of you blokes are ISH are stupid, J.Smith had a career high in rebounds against the Rockets, who cares? Kwame has over 10 points against Duncan, does that mean Duncan is a bad defender.

What does being tall have to do with rebounding? Do you rebound with your head?

Retards.

And YES Yao had a 20/20 against Phoneix you moron, oh and a 37/17/7 blocks.

Cretin.
    Last edited by LutherHeadJob; 07-06-2008 at 12:32 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doinitbig06
    looks like the yao rockets and amare suns only met once in the 07-08 season and what happened?

yao 12 pts (4/17 FGs 4/6 FTs) 6 rbs 0 blks
    amare 21 pts (8/8 FGs 5/6 FTs) 13 rbs 2 blks

suns win 115-105

hows that for facts fool?
    Look at it career wise :