Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

It will be a shame if Bron doesn't take it home this year. He's better this season than he was last year. It would be another terrible MVP choice in the long line of poor choices.

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Durant definitely doesn't have a weaker supporting cast.
    There pretty close i don't know why you guys are giving me these type of responses like i said something crazy. The Lebron hype/dick riding has reached a point where you can't say anything negative about him. I said one little thing in favor of Durant and people go crazy

I rule the local playground

Putting down your team to make you favorite player look better is lame...

Quote Originally Posted by alleykat
    Putting down your team to make you favorite player look better is lame...
    yes it is....

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

LeRef is on a historically stacked team.

It doesn't mean as much. How easy he has it makes it harder to take it as seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard

It doesn't mean as much. How easy he has it makes it harder to take it as seriously.
    So he's the best player on a historically stacked team? What about Magic? His teams were stacked as hell. Not the best PG ever because it was too hard to take him seriously

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    So he's the best player on a historically stacked team? What about Magic? His teams were stacked as hell. Not the best PG ever because it was too hard to take him seriously
    I like how he calls him "LeRef" but ignores how Durant gets way more calls
    BTW dude, do you ever check your fantasy team? You're getting pounded weekly

Can't see Bron winning another MVP. That'd just be ridic. HOW MANY MVPS THEY GONNA GIVE THIS GUY?

Usually they move to another person. Even MJ didn't win MVPS like this. Although he hasn't won 3 in a row, he'd still become the only player to win back to back MVPs twice. 4 MVPs in 5 years. Both never been done before.

Not saying he's done winning MVPS, but I really think they'll do it like they did for Rose and give it to someone else this year. Would be very surprised if they didn't. But I mean he does deserve it... but that's usually not how the NBA works.

Edit: Guess Russell won 4/5.

-Smak

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard

Kobe is on a historically stacked team....he can tell how not easy it is..

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    It will be a shame if Bron doesn't take it home this year. He's better this season than he was last year. It would be another terrible MVP choice in the long line of poor choices.
    Lebron winning would probably be justified but to say Durant winning it is a terrible choice is ridiculous. It seems every year people are saying Lebron had a better year then last year not sure about that I guess whatever you gotta do to prop your guy up.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Nash should have won the MVP the year Dirk lost to the warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I like how he calls him "LeRef" but ignores how Durant gets way more calls
    BTW dude, do you ever check your fantasy team? You're getting pounded weekly
    I haven't checked that in a longass time

Lebron will suffer from voter burnout. I mean, MJ probably should have won every MVP from 90-98, barring the 2 years he retired, but voters were sick of him winning all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    yes it is....
    Says a guy who's constantly doing the same thing with Kobe and the Lakers. Besides, I'm a Lakers fan if anything, so the Heat definitely aren't "my" team.

Lebron and Durant's supporting casts are certainly close, I wasn't suggesting that they weren't. I just sniffed a bit of agenda and felt like pointing it out.

Still, given the choice I'd rather have Durant's cast. It's less top heavy, but it's deeper overall and fits together twice as well.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
    Where did you learn math professor?
    14/31 is lower than 53%...
    hey man, I don't appreciate the condescending tone!
    but you are right, my math was WEAK-- I'm retiring from math.

also, the idea that Durant has a weaker supporting cast is ludicrous. People are just enamored with the names Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. At this point, Wade's star power is based more on his name than his impact. I know his stats are nice, but he is not the same guy.

And when evaluating the Heat, people should focus less on the names Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, and more on the names Norris Cole, Udonis Haslem, and Joel Anthony-- which is a HUGE dropoff from the Collison/Perkins crew.
    Last edited by FindingTim; 02-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.