Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Mexican American Appreciation Thread (to dispell myths about us)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
    Lol @ most of the people posted being more white than mexican. If your going to make a fukn thread called "MEXICAN PRIDE" with pics of celebrities at least try and make the people actually representative of what a "mexican" looks like.

This would be like me making a White Appreciation thread and posting a pic of Obama because he's half white saying how I am proud to have a white president.
    You should probably take a trip to Mexico City. This image you seem to have of very brown skin being Mexican is incorrect. An extremely large number have "white" skin.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Ok, but I read somewhere that they actually collapsed because of ecological failure like droughts and the like. I mean that's hardly on them, and I guess paranoia like that (sacrificing people for rainwater) is understandable when plagued by famine, taking in account that this was in 900 Ad or something.

What I don't get is what made the "mexican question" so urgent all of a sudden. What I hear from the news is that America's economy is pretty great, especially taking in account how everyone is still recovering from the 2008 crisis. So why are they being percieved as a threat in the US, so much so that people actually consider Trump a valid presidential candidate? Doesn't he "run" for president every election? I thought this was a recurring joke for him every 4 years, but now people are taking him seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    That's why I'm in San Antonio, I make decent money here and I'm sending it home where me and my wife are putting it into our family business...we're trying to become upper middle class. We'll get there and some

It's our goal to build a big house and move into this residential area in a few years. El Campanario in Queretaro, Mex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swSE9...e_gdata_player

Just takes hard work and sacrifice but we'll get there.
    Dude, if you are planning on living in Mexico and have money coming in from the states, you are already upper middle class and probably even straight upper class. Dollar is sooooo many pesos right now and cost of living down there is insanely cheap (if you have dollars). Shit my gf's grandmother lives down there and owns a nice house and has a housekeeper and maid and pays like...2000 dollars/mo. Fricken life of luxury we talkin bout

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    The Mayans are wiped out brah. The people who ran in to the jungles after Mayan society fell have been intermixing with other tribes for a thousand+ years and do not have anything in their culture resembling Mayan culture. They can hardly call themselves Mayans, as they aren't Mayans. The Mayans are gone. They wiped themselves out because their civilization was inherently unsustainable and retarded and they thought they could change the weather by murdering their strongest men and eating them.

You calling Guatamalans Mayans is the same as me calling all white British people Picts. It would be a historical falsehood.

I don't have any problem at all with Mexican immigrants, even ones who sneak in illegally. If anything, more respect to them for sneaking through that border gate manned by armed guards and getting out with their lives. That's a massive risk to take and earns my respect. Loads of times they work their asses off and are entrepreneurial and start businesses to support themselves and contribute to the community like ice cream trucks, cleaning services, gardening and landscaping agencies, shaved ice stands or mexican restaurants. They pay their own way, create work for themselves or find jobs, and generally are pleasant people to hang out with and are good at soccer/football. Many appreciate what it means to be in America more than Americans born there do. Some of them even have talented football playing children who will grow up to join the US national team.
    Already been proven false 100 times over. No matter how much you say it, it won't make it true.

According to CIS, 71 percent of illegal-alien headed households with children received some sort of welfare in 2009, compared with 39 percent of native-headed houses with children. Illegal immigrants generally access welfare programs through their U.S.-born children, to whom government assistance is guaranteed. Additionally, U.S.-born children of illegal aliens are entitled to American public schools, health care, and more, even though illegal-alien households rarely pay taxes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LexiKhan
    Ok, but I read somewhere that they actually collapsed because of ecological failure like droughts and the like. I mean that's hardly on them, and I guess paranoia like that (sacrificing people for rainwater) is understandable when plagued by famine, taking in account that this was in 900 Ad or something.

What I don't get is what made the "mexican question" so urgent all of a sudden. What I hear from the news is that America's economy is pretty great, especially taking in account how everyone is still recovering from the 2008 crisis. So why are they being percieved as a threat in the US, so much so that people actually consider Trump a valid presidential candidate? Doesn't he "run" for president every election? I thought this was a recurring joke for him every 4 years, but now people are taking him seriously?
    Read more. Their water storage system was retarded. There were droughts but there were solutions to those droughts. Instead they sacrificed their strongest and best warriors and workers. Their civilization was retarded and fueled by cocaine and hallucinogenics found in the jungle and natural selection saw fit to wipe them out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Already been proven false 100 times over. No matter how much you say it, it won't make it true.
    It is true though. Who do you think it is starting these gardening and ice cream and shaved ice businesses and taco trucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Dude, if you are planning on living in Mexico and have money coming in from the states, you are already upper middle class and probably even straight upper class. Dollar is sooooo many pesos right now and cost of living down there is insanely cheap (if you have dollars). Shit my gf's grandmother lives down there and owns a nice house and has a housekeeper and maid and pays like...2000 dollars/mo. Fricken life of luxury we talkin bout
    I know dude. Cost of living is super cheap if you're used to the US cost of living. My family's living expenses per month, that's including house and car payments, bills and food along with my son's private school tuition comes out to be about $900 US. And we're talking about a 2015 Nissan Maxima, a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom brand new house in a decent part of town. But these nikkas here think I'm living in a war torn jungle by the way they think Mexico is or some shit

The city where I live is considered among the best cities to live, not only among Mexico or Latin American cities, but even including US and Canadian cities. I wish I could find that article where it placed in the top 10 of all cities in the Americas, I believ it was like in #6 IIRC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgWzh...e_gdata_player

The family business me and my wife have is a market that has huge growth potential, I mean like it could make us go from middle class to upper class in a few years. I'm not bragging, I hardly ever mention this but we started with very little just about a year ago and hopefully sometime next year we'll crack a 6 figure income. And like you mentioned, a 6 figure income in Mexico gets you a mansion and a maid if you wish.
    Last edited by TheMan; 09-14-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiKhan
    Huh? No, there were numerous mayan communities, people just assume because their cerimonial centers were abandonend they had been wiped out. There are countries out there (like Guatemala) were they are the majority.

But anyways this just serves to point out that this whole Illegal immigration in the US is an issue of racism. People just don't like to see an overabundance of native looking Brown people walking in their streets but generalize all of them by calling them mexicans, so when someone calls them out on it they just deflect it by saying "lol mexican is not a race". But then OP creates this thread and what happens? "Lol, you are posting white dudes, they aren't really mexican".

So what does that tell you? You simply have a problem with amerindian people (which is an actual race). But I'm not making any judgment on that since I don't live in the US.
    Exactly this

These dudes are accusing me of cherry picking to only post "white" Mexicans, regardless of the fact that I have included all colors, even a few black Mexicans (there aren't that many). I stressed diveesity in my OP, the problem is that these guys have a stereotype of what a Mexican should look like, that ain't my problem. I have met many foreigners (to be fair, not all Americans) that when they visit Mexico, they are surprised at our diversity. They think we all look like vatos, like that racist 9erempire. The word vato isn't even used in Mexico, that's a Chicano cholo gangster slang word, news flash, we aren't all gangsters.

Exactly this

These dudes are accusing me of cherry picking to only post "white" Mexicans, regardless of the fact that I have included all colors, even a few black Mexicans (there aren't that many). I stressed diveesity in my OP, the problem is that these guys have a stereotype of what a Mexican should look like, that ain't my problem. I have met many foreigners (to be fair, not all Americans) that when they visit Mexico, they are surprised at our diversity. They think we all look like vatos, like that racist 9erempire. The word vato isn't even used in Mexico, that's a Chicano cholo gangster slang word, news flash, we aren't all gangsters.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that I've argued endlessly with you that "Mexicans" as a racial group don't exist at all. I don't care if it's white Mexicans, brown Mexicans or whatever. The only difference that matters is legal or illegal.

Banned

Exactly this

Don't try to pretend that Mexico as a country isn't racist as shit though.

[CODE][/CODE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    You should probably take a trip to Mexico City. This image you seem to have of very brown skin being Mexican is incorrect. An extremely large number have "white" skin.
    This dude gets it...we come in ALL colors, I even know a few gingers (like Canelo Alvarez who is 100% Mexican). I even posted pics of Mexico's National soccer team to show a tiny sample of Mexican dudes, and you can clearly see our diversity.

Another thing is that we get mistaken for Central Americans/South Americans, basically anyone with a Spanish surname is a Mexican...

Continuing with my celebration of my people...

NFL QB Mark Sanchez

Boxing champ Jesse James Leija

MMA fighter Mia St. John

Black Eyed Peas Taboo

Selena Gomez

Former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson

Pop singer Fey

NFL Hall of Famer Anthony Mu

Don't try to pretend that Mexico as a country isn't racist as shit though.
    You're right, I won't lie. The word indio is used as a slur against the more native looking Mexicans. I remember when I moved back to Mexico when I was 19 after having lived in Chicago from the age of 3 to 19, I was surprised at the level of racism, like when a couple of my friends were denied entrance to a popular nightclub because I guess they looked too native. Growing up in Chicago, we made no distinction among ourselves, we were all Mexican Americans, so I was taken aback by racism by Mexicans towards other Mexicans. There is also a very marked classism but that exists everywhere.

It still happens...this video was shot in one of Mexico City's hottest nightclubs and it looks like it could've be shot in Europe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLzGr...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by TheMan; 09-14-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Banned

Mexico's greatest native son

College star

Mexico's greatest native son
    rick fox?

TheMan bringing the thunder and teaching peeps