Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-30-2006, 09:21 PM   #16
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Even if this trade does not go down as a part time PHX fan who will PHX pick up to back up Amare/Marion

Amare
Marion
Nash
Bell
Banks
Jones
Eric Piatkowski
And Kurt Thomas???

are the only players signed and Suns are already at 55 mill. So It would be more of Gooden and Diaw or Barbosa signed or Marion. If you can get good value for Marion I say trade him
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #17
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Even if this trade does not go down as a part time PHX fan who will PHX pick up to back up Amare/Marion

Amare
Marion
Nash
Bell
Banks
Jones
Eric Piatkowski
And Kurt Thomas???

are the only players signed and Suns are already at 55 mill. So It would be more of Gooden and Diaw or Barbosa signed or Marion. If you can get good value for Marion I say trade him
I personally would have to say keep Marion until you just can't anymore. He's gonna do way more for the team than Gooden. It would take a heck of deal to trade Shawn.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:42 PM   #18
AKADS
Decent college freshman

How about

Gooden
Sasha ( good athlete and shooter)
Luke Jackson (Young potentional if he gets healthy)

For

Kurt Thomas
Leandrihno Barbosa

I think the Suns will have want to sign Diaw before they go after Barbosa. I think Banks was brought in to take over for Barbosa as the 6th man when Leandro leaves.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:50 PM   #19
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

That is intersting and I agree with you but I don't think Phoenix is willing to get rid of Barbosa. He is young, full of potential, and he fits so well into the Suns style of play. It is hard to say but I like the idea though.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:58 AM   #20
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
That is intersting and I agree with you but I don't think Phoenix is willing to get rid of Barbosa. He is young, full of potential, and he fits so well into the Suns style of play. It is hard to say but I like the idea though.
I REALLY would not want Gooden over Barbosa. We need all the depth in the backcourt we can get.

I don't know, I guess it's just hard for me to want to give up anyone on our roster. I just think they need to give it one year with everyone healthy (hopefully) and if that doesn't work out, then maybe it's time for some tinkering. Banks and Barbosa in the backcourt would be really fun to watch.

I guess I'm just not huge on taking on a long term deal with Gooden.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:28 AM   #21
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
I REALLY would not want Gooden over Barbosa. We need all the depth in the backcourt we can get.

I don't know, I guess it's just hard for me to want to give up anyone on our roster. I just think they need to give it one year with everyone healthy (hopefully) and if that doesn't work out, then maybe it's time for some tinkering. Banks and Barbosa in the backcourt would be really fun to watch.

I guess I'm just not huge on taking on a long term deal with Gooden.

Exactly. Like I said, Barbosa fits so well into this offense and style of play that it would be hard to get rid of him. It would be hard to get rid of certain Suns. Are starters right now and supporting cast are all fits to this style of play.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:29 AM   #22
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

I agree...we should just try with the team we've got...barbosa and marion, along with bell have kind of earned a name for themselves and all three, healthy on a team with stoudemire and NASH will be interesting to watch..marcus banks will also bring a little bit of strength to the team. Sean marks will add a bit of height and a bit of defense hopefully and we have some WCF Champs on our hands
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:31 AM   #23
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
Exactly. Like I said, Barbosa fits so well into this offense and style of play that it would be hard to get rid of him. It would be hard to get rid of certain Suns. Are starters right now and supporting cast are all fits to this style of play.
You're right. Not that Gooden wouldn't do well here, but I think his inconsistent play will have us shopping him in 2 or 3 years anyway. I think PHX gets raped by this deal.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:07 AM   #24
AKADS
Decent college freshman

I think Gooden at 7-8 million for Thomas and 1st rounder is fair and would help Suns depth. And Give the Cavs a good back up and there first rounder back.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #25
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Default all i ever said was

give up kurt and a first rounder.....i dont think that would be bad at all, definitely keep barbosa tho
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #26
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
give up kurt and a first rounder.....i dont think that would be bad at all, definitely keep barbosa tho

I agree. The Cavs don't seem to be to high on pairing Lebron with Gooden in the long term, so they might as well trade him for some immediate veteran help and a pick for the future. Make it the Celtics 1st and I think they would probably take it.

Like I said on the main board though; Sarver wants to re-sign Barbosa and Diaw, but he doesn't want to pay luxury tax.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #27
AKADS
Decent college freshman

A Roc who is goin to be leaving the Suns. If they keep Diaw and Barbosa.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: