Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: April 29: Hornets at Nuggets, Game 5

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    George Karl is a god awful coach. Billups is the real coach there. I just never really ever liked George Karl.
    i just never really ever liked greg oden

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    okay . It will be a nice matchup, im looking forward to it.
    Well it will, you little ****. I don't know why you're rolling your eyes at the statement. If K Mart is scheduled to guard Shook Ones #41, he's going to have a problem. Dirk will pull him so far away from the low block, K Marts strengths for this team (I.E. interior defense, rebounding, shot blocking) will be negated.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nbastatus

|
    |
    / \

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Well it will, you little ****. I don't know why you're rolling your eyes at the statement. If K Mart is scheduled to guard Shook Ones #41, he's going to have a problem. Dirk will pull him so far away from the low block, K Marts strengths for this team (I.E. interior defense, rebounding, shot blocking) will be negated.
    have you seen K-Mart play?? you're a fool if you think he can only guard players down-low. Thats why we were forced to put him on Kobe last year, cuz we had no player better to do it. K-Mart is a good on-ball defender and will have a hand in Dirk's face the majority of the time. Thats all you can ask of your player, we just goota hope Dirk doesnt get a groove to soon and hit every fade-away jumper he takes. Step up ur knowledge guy.

One of the reasons why he was limiting West was his ability to close out when West was looking to shoot. He wasn't getting good looks and that's why up until tonight he was shooting 38%. I don't expect Martin to suddenly lose his speed and athleticism. If Bowen can limit Dirk, so can Martin.

Banned

have you seen K-Mart play?? you're a fool if you think he can only guard players down-low. Thats why we were forced to put him on Kobe last year, cuz we had no player better to do it. K-Mart is a good on-ball defender and will have a hand in Dirk's face the majority of the time. Thats all you can ask of your player, we just goota hope Dirk doesnt get a groove to soon and hit every fade-away jumper he takes. Step up ur knowledge guy.
    we saw how that worked out...he was so far away from the basket their rebounding and rotations struggled plus Kobe figured him out and exploited him

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    One of the reasons why he was limiting West was his ability to close out when West was looking to shoot. He wasn't getting good looks and that's why up until tonight he was shooting 38%. I don't expect Martin to suddenly lose his speed and athleticism. If Bowen can limit Dirk, so can Martin.
    Dirk's range seperates him to David West quite a bit. Not to mention Dirk is a legit all star talen, and David West clearly isn't. Dirk can drag K Mart further and further away from the basket.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    we saw how that worked out...he was so far away from the basket their rebounding and rotations struggled plus Kobe figured him out and exploited him
    Yeah, I don't know why they are using that as an example. K Mart got destroyed. That was one of Kobe's top three performances in the Playoffs for his ENTIRE career.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

Yeah, I don't know why they are using that as an example. K Mart got destroyed. That was one of Kobe's top three performances in the Playoffs for his ENTIRE career.
    how bout the fact that the whole team was horrible defensively?? It also wasnt just K-Mart guarding Kobe, it was JR as well, and we all know how he was defensively. the point is K-Mart is quick enough to be an on ball defender. This time he will be guarding a forward, not a guard.

Root Of All Evil

how bout the fact that the whole team was horrible defensively?? It also wasnt just K-Mart guarding Kobe, it was JR as well, and we all know how he was defensively. the point is K-Mart is quick enough to be an on ball defender. This time he will be guarding a forward, not a guard.
    Yeah, but it's a forward whose game might even be more permiter based than even Kobe Bryant's. Kobe takes it to the hole more frequently than Dirk Nowitzki. Whoever is having to guard Shook Ones will be hovering near the 3 point line all series.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Why does every thread have to evolve into some sort of kobe recognition?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Why does every thread have to evolve into some sort of kobe recognition?
    because kobe is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nbastatus
    It's called jealousy. More people like him than you and it bothers you.

Local High School Star

Great series by Denver. They're looking very good at the right time. I expect they'll make short work of Dallas. Just too strong and too deep.

Pelican Brief

Congrats to the Nugs, they beat the Hornets soundly in every single facet of the game.Too much firepower, good defense, spark guys off the bench, Billups owning CP3, everything went right for the Nuggets. Cant say Ill be rooting for ya against the Mavs but kudos for kicking our ass so epicly.