Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #91
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

Puretalent365 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2010 Draft Prospect Discussion Thread

First I like to say hello to everyone as I am new to the board.
Now, with the trade of Samuel Dalembert to the kings do you guys think/hope Philly is drafting Derrick Favors leaving Turner for the nets? I for one hope so.
Puretalent365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #92
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puretalent365
Now, with the trade of Samuel Dalembert to the kings do you guys think/hope Philly is drafting Derrick Favors leaving Turner for the nets? I for one hope so.

Ah interesting...Kings are going to be active i think, i dont know what is going to happen.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #93
gigantes
‪ ‪

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
welcome, welcome!

if you have a moment, tell us a little something about yourself in the "introduce yourself thread" (stickied at the top of the nets thread list)

as for your theory- yes, i think the dalembert trade is very exciting for the nets for the reason you mention. i'm sure the experts have a much more detailed take on it, but there you go.

one caveat- the sixers had been trying to trade the guy for a long time, but his lousy contract had prevented it from happening until they got lucky with the kings. so the trade doesn't necessarily mean the sixers are wanting to draft a big man with the #2. but it does create hope... :)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #94
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

I hope they (nets) don't draft evan turner (as crazy as that sounds). I've been checking out a lot of favors comparisons, stats, etc and I'm actually sold on him being the one with the brightest future among the top 3 picks (i know its nuts but ya). I hope we do take favors and philly remains confident in evan turner (who is also a terrific player).
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #95
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

I love the idea of a Brook and Derrick combo for the next 10yrs. But with Bosh stating he doesnt wanted to play robin to James or Wade s batman I think the iron is hot for the Nets to Sweep him off his feet. This is why I got excited about the Philly trade and them maybe taking Favors. Turner s PG skills would play great next to Harris. I know what Bosh said about the Nets but money talks and a blind man can see the Nets are not as bad as most think.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #96
5 Star
Can barely lace up my sneakers

5 Star has an OK reputation so far

At this point I would be happy with Favors or Turner, and if Bosh wants to come to NJ I'm all for it too. I just wanna win.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #97
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

Quote:
I love the idea of a Brook and Derrick combo for the next 10yrs. But with Bosh stating he doesnt wanted to play robin to James or Wade s batman I think the iron is hot for the Nets to Sweep him off his feet. This is why I got excited about the Philly trade and them maybe taking Favors. Turner s PG skills would play great next to Harris. I know what Bosh said about the Nets but money talks and a blind man can see the Nets are not as bad as most think.

I see what you're saying but I'm looking at it for down the road. Brook is 22(?) years old and so is t-will. Bosh is 26 and looking for a championship contender. It would take max money to get him here. Even if we got him here, he's shown that he can't lead a team (i.e. Toronto hasn't done much with him as their anchor). Even with all the talent this team has, we are still a few years away from maximizing on it bc all our guys are young. I'd personally like to grow a front court of about the same age together for a few years and look to save our cash for a very good wing or point guard to replace devin and help our front line become dominant.

So i'd honestly hope that the nets waste max money on 1 dominant wing or point guard (maybe both?) and the remaining amount on building a great bench to compliment the starters. To me, wasting max money on any current pf or c in the league is just a waste because none of them are superstars in my eyes (that means bosh too).
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #98
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

A great player can only take you so far and its double for a Big who needs people to get him the ball. Bosh gets a bad rap to me about not carrying the raptors. Raptors,Heat, MInny in the KG era are prime examples of teams who failed to built around their Superstars. Is there anybody on the raptors other then Bosh who you would take over Lopez,T Will,D Harris? Throw Bosh with them and you have a playoff team imo.

Now I not bashing your view as I favor that view most time in other sports. But Basketball s turnaround is quicker to me than the other sports. Worst to first with the "right" parts added is not out the realm for the Nets.

Think its simple as Im more about adding a Proven Star Vet next to Brook and Your All about youth movement that builds into a powerhouse down the road.

Plus Bosh is only a choice in my view here if Philly takes Favors leaving Turner to the Nets.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #99
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

A couple of other players i got my eye on for later.
Mikhail Torrance = He is a very smooth 6 5 PG who can run a team.
Jarvis Varnado = High energy PF all time ncaa shot blocker could be everything sean williams wasnt for this team.
Xavier Henry = SG/SF stock seems to falling still doubt he makes it to the Nets. Man, that outside shot of his would look great working with Lopez's post game.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #100
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
A couple of other players i got my eye on for later.
Mikhail Torrance = He is a very smooth 6 5 PG who can run a team.
Jarvis Varnado = High energy PF all time ncaa shot blocker could be everything sean williams wasnt for this team.
Xavier Henry = SG/SF stock seems to falling still doubt he makes it to the Nets. Man, that outside shot of his would look great working with Lopez's post game.

I have Mikhail Torrance pegged at 27 for the nets

right now its a toss up btwn favors/cousins/johnson @ 3
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #101
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ford wrote that "after his workout for the Nets on Monday, Favors has fallen behind Johnson on their board, according to sources close to the situation."
http://www.netsdaily.com/
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #102
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

How many of you guys would be pissed with a Wesley Johnson? I wouldnt be mad at all.I think Johnson is the one few nba ready prospects in this draft.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #103
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Andy Katz reports the Nets have made their decision and it's Derrick Favors, the 6'10" PF from Georgia Tech. One reason: they believe Favors' rights would be a more valuable piece than those of Wesley Johnson in a sign-and-trade for a top free agent.

"According to a source with knowledge of the selection, the Nets made the decision because they are not guaranteed to get a power forward like Utah's Carlos Boozer, Toronto's Chris Bosh or Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire in free agency," wrote Katz, adding, "Favors is also the most tradeable asset available to the Nets for a possible deal -- more so than Johnson. The source said the Nets might make a deal Thursday night after selecting Favors or wait to see if one comes in July during the free-agency period."

Until he's signed, Favors' rights are tradeable and have no contract value. Nets insiders have said the team does not plan to sign any first round picks until after free agency is decided
Netsdaily.com
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #104
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Nets fans, exciting night for us tonight! I'm making my predictions:

With the 3rd, 27th, and 31st picks, the Nets will select Derrick Favors, Mikahail Torrance, and Willie Warren.

Yi will be traded

curve ball : nets pick Wes Johnson at 3

predictions in round 1
JB's Mock Draft:

1. Wizards - John Wall
2. Sixers - Evan Turner
3. Nets - Derrick Favors
4. Wolves Wesley Johnson
5. Kings - DeMarcus Cousins
6. Warriors Greg Monroe
7. Pistons Ed Davis
8. Clippers Gordon Hayward