Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star Back In Shape's Avatar

Default The same ppl who say cops are corrupt want us to solely rely on them for protection?

Why?

Doesn't make sense to me. Cops will be cops. They will make mistakes, most are flawed like the rest of us. Some people expect them to be perfect. Many say, they are corrupt, and inherently racist regardless of their own skin color, and are afraid to call them or speak with them in the event of a crime.

So until there is a point where the overwhelming majority of people are happy with cops, why do the people who are the most unhappy with them, also want us to rely on them for protection instead putting fate into own hands with tools of self defense?

"Cops suck, but we also want to ban guns which will allow us to protect ourselves without relying on these cops we hate".

Does that make sense?

Default Re: The same ppl who say cops are corrupt want us to solely rely on them for protection?

stupid thread. the issue is the unreasonable mistakes and an unreasonable amount of corruption. yes we rely on cops, and if you cant do the job right, give the badge to the next person who can. wasnt that easy to understand? why do idiots keep bringing up the same point.

Default Re: The same ppl who say cops are corrupt want us to solely rely on them for protection?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    stupid thread. the issue is the unreasonable mistakes and an unreasonable amount of corruption. yes we rely on cops, and if you cant do the job right, give the badge to the next person who can. wasnt that easy to understand? why do idiots keep bringing up the same point.
    And until you think they are reliable. Why would you want to put your own fate completely in their hands?.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Shape
    And until you think they are reliable. Why would you want to put your own fate completely in their hands?.
    Is it to hard to ask that they do their job properly?

Banned

Legit argument.

There was a video of BLM protesters running for their dear lives and relying on the police when the Dallas shooter was gunning everyone down.

It was great to see that they needed the help of the police.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Is it to hard to ask that they do their job properly?

I think they do. I think the problems they do have are so small, in comparison to the police force as a whole, it's ridiculous to generalize police instead of just blaming the individuals.

But that's me. If you think their is a large scale problem with law enforcement, you shouldn't find yourself depending on them until these problems are fixed, from a realistic perspective.

Ideally, the police would be perfect and you could completely depend on them but there is a fine line between fantasy and idealism.

I think they do. I think the problems they do have are so small, in comparison to the police force as a whole, it's ridiculous to generalize police instead of just blaming the individuals.

But that's me. If you think their is a large scale problem with law enforcement, you shouldn't find yourself depending on them until these problems are fixed, from a realistic perspective.

Ideally, the police would be perfect and you could completely depend on them but there is a fine line between fantasy and idealism.
    I think the problem lies is many people have a hard time comprehending the scale of the world outside their screens

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

You idiot, do you know what an unreasonable amount is?? It's like a lot.

These shootings, at least the ones where the suspect doesn't have a gun rarely ever happen.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

So, if you have shitty parents, you should stop letting them feed you because if you complain about them you shouldn't accept their help at all right? How is your stance the realistic one? You're basically saying if you want anything to change, you have no right to what you want changed. Trump supporters think there's a large scale problem in America, but they're still voting. Following your logic they shouldn't be able to participate in the political process they are criticizing.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    So, if you have shitty parents, you should stop letting them feed you because if you complain about them you shouldn't accept their help at all right? How is your stance the realistic one? You're basically saying if you want anything to change, you have no right to what you want changed. Trump supporters think there's a large scale problem in America, but they're still voting. Following your logic they shouldn't be able to participate in the political process they are criticizing.
    Nope, but if you have shifty parents you should want the ability to supplement the food you get from them with some self reliancy. Or do you think self reliancy is bad?

Trump supporters tend not to blame America, rather they seem to pointing fingers at unrealistic, broken parts of our system and poor examples of politicians. Is it the Trump supporters burning/walking/spitting on American flags, refusing to acknowledge the national anthem, insulting America by saying we should be like other countries, crapping on our troops? Yeah....

Kay....

Paying $124,668 a year, San Antonio can’t find enough cops

San Antonio is short 200 police officers, despite offering hiring bonuses and boosting entry-level pay past $40,000 to bolster its thin blue line.

Reasons for the shortage are unclear, as San Antonio’s finest have the second-highest police compensation packages in Texas, right behind big-spending Austin.

Rookies in the newest cadet class earn an average of more than $55,000 after completing a 14-week training course. Twenty-year veterans make $124,668 a year, including benefits.
    Helle said contentious contract negotiations, peppered by lawsuits, is scaring off prospective hires.

“It’s to the point where people are just sick and tired of it. They’re not going to work someplace they feel they’re not respected,” he told KABB News.
    You're getting older cops retiring, and a lack of younger cops coming in.

DALLAS — Dallas is an attractive city, and its skyline one of the best in the world.
    But, apparently, it's not attractive when it comes to recruiting police officers.

"It's getting to the point that it's critical," said Mike Mata, vice president of the Dallas Police Association, as the department struggles to hire.

The last two academy classes have been canceled because there weren't enough applicants. News 8 has learned it may have to be canceled a third time.
    Why risk you life and have people spit in your face, throw shit at you, mess with your food, people trying to agitate you and if you retaliate you're life is over, dealing with overdoses and murder scenes?

What's the point? Would you be willing to do that? I doubt it. I don't blame them, I wouldn't either. I saw this long ago when I got out of the military and then went to apply to be an officer. I thought 'I'd like to help out. I have a relaxed view on drugs, I don't like to give out tickets or arrest people if I don't have to. I never wanted to ruin people's day when I was an MP, and I went out of my way not to....'

But then I thought... '****. that. I'm not going out every night risking my life to just to deal with that shit'.

So yep, that's a good plan. I'm looking forward to the day when people are climbing over themselves to deal with race riots after a black officer shoots a black armed suspect. Until then, giving the badge to someone else isnt an option.

Here in NY, cops are pretty decent. They however run the streets like they have some type of prestigious career. They need to remember they work for US, their civil servants.

Banned

What is a reasonable amount of mistakes and corruption?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Here in NY, cops are pretty decent. They however run the streets like they have some type of prestigious career. They need to remember they work for US, their civil servants.
    Why don't you remind these officers to their face the next time you see them?

There are good cops and bad cops and apparently, a whole bunch of racist ones too.

Their training sucks, they'll use lethal force way too quickly, especially if the suspect is of a darker skin tone. That has to change. How exactly can we change that, I will defer to the experts...

I don't think most libs want to outright ban guns but make it tougher for wackos to get their hands on weapons that cause a whole lot of damage in such a short time. Cops agree with this point too, there's been incidences of cops being outgunned by thugs.

This is a hunting rifle...

This one isn't...

Edit: If you can't protect your home/family with a gun or a shotgun, then you might want to get an RPG and blow the whole fukking house down.
    Last edited by TheMan; 09-24-2016 at 04:45 PM.