Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Can we all agree on the 2 best point guards in the game?

What people need to understand is that a PGs job is to be successful in being captain of the team. There are different ways to do that nowadays, and this thing of "True PG being the real PG" is absolute bullshit.

A PGs job is the command the floor, control the tempo at his pace, and make appropriate changes if the game warrants. There are different ways to get this done. CP3 gives you flashy passes that aren't expected, Rose uses himself as a decoy to setup his teammates.

If the PG is doing his job as leader, and the tactics convert into wins, THATS what decides the value of a PG, not how well they can pass or how well they can score.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Rondo is the best player but Pierce, KG and Allen would keep the Cs in contention for the 8th spot. The season first turned around due to Pierce finally getting healthy while Rondo was out, and then the team took off with the two playing well together while KG has become one of the EC's best centers. He'd be an All-Star if he had been at center the whole season.
    Celtics are a disaster with Rondo off the floor for extended periods of time.

More importantly, almost all of Bass and KG's points come off assists, usually from Rondo. Rondo has been tearing defenses apart with his drive-and-dish.

Without Rondo, Celtics are a 45% win team or worse if they tank for a better pick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Rose averaged 30 points and [COLOR="Black"]10 assists[/COLOR] in that Hawks series.

hell. Rose right now is averaging 8 assists a game and around 8 last year. Gary Payton assists numbers were very identical to rose' despite playing with Shawn Kemp who's an alley oop machine
    CF86 was posting a lot of bullshit last night. Its like everything he mentions of Rose, he bases it off of last years ECF or last weeks game against the knicks, NEITHER of which displayed Rose at his best.

Yet won't even use the game where we went against his OWN TEAM this year, which was one of Rose's BEST games of his career.

Rose vs Clippers Dec 30, 2011
    29 Pts, 8 Reb, 16 Ast, 1 Stl
    Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 04-12-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    i dont understand, last year you were claiming how griffin is going to take the clippers to the promise land. now your saying without cp3 the clippers would fall apart.
    to be fair, the Clippers last year had Eric Gordon and Chris Kaman. Two very productive offensive players.

The Clippers traded their 2nd and 3rd best player for CP3 and got MUCH better.

In a perfect world, for this threads sake, I wish the Clippers and Bulls would play in the finals so Derrick Rose could absolutely shit on CP3 like he does almost every time they ever play each other.

Cp3 is one of the best 2 PG's this but because Rose sat out so many games with injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    CF86 was posting a lot of bullshit last night. Its like everything he mentions of Rose, he bases it off of last years ECF or last weeks game against the knicks, NEITHER of which displayed Rose at his best.

Yet won't even use the game where we went against his OWN TEAM this year, which was one of Rose's BEST games of his career.

godly shit right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    There is no short term memory. Bulls fans in denial I see. CP3 has been the best pg in the league since 4-5 years ago pal. And you can give me Rondo over Rose every day of the week and twice on sundays if I'm building my team on a pg.

Don't give me the bulls record or last year reg. season MVP as arguments. I watch em play, I know whos the better pg.
    Rondo?

Rondo?
    Yes, I think hes a better floor general. Doesn't rely so much on his fg% ona given night to be impactful. Besides he rebounds like no other pg in the league and is a monster defender.

The best 2 AFTER Jeremy Lin, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Yes, I think hes a better floor general. Doesn't rely so much on his fg% ona given night to be impactful. Besides he rebounds like no other pg in the league and is a monster defender.
    Rondo is a good defender and thats where his praise on the defense end should stop. I dont live in Boston or have league pass to watch all of his games but i know the Rose scores damn near effortless on this "monster defender" you called Rajon Rondo.

The Celtics are still horrible at rebounding the ball so why his rebounding numbers even count? Someone has to get them.

The Celtics would be a better team with Rose healthy instead of Rondo. FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The best 2 AFTER Jeremy Lin, right?
    the NBA has been more enjoyable after his injury.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 04-12-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Rondo is a good defender and thats where his praise on the defense end should stop. I dont live in Boston or have league pass to watch all of his games but i know the Rose scores damn near effortless on this "monster defender" you called Rajon Rondo.

The Celtics are still horrible at rebounding the ball so why his rebounding numbers even count? Someone has to get them.

the NBA has been more enjoyable after his injury.
    Effortless? Rondo will make Rose work for his points. Does Rose now have some kind of ability to phase through defenders now?

Rondo's rebounding numbers count because it shows not only that he one of the best rebounding guards, he does whatever he team needs him to do to win games. That right there is a quality characteristic you'd want from your star player.

The Celtics would be better with Rose because Rose can carry them when they get sloppy, but there is no way they'd get as many good looks as they do with Rondo. That's a fact.

Banned

Rondo is a feisty player. He works for the rebounds, outhustling his man and some of the bigs. Sure, Celtics are the worst rebounding team, but that should not discredit Rondo's rebounding numbers. If Rondo has maybe like 3-4 total rebounds, you could say that, but when he has games of >6, that usually is a good indicator of Rajon's hustle.

Not this year. Rose has been riddled with injuries. Celtics would suffer more this season. Last season is debatable.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    In a perfect world, for this threads sake, I wish the Clippers and Bulls would play in the finals so Derrick Rose could absolutely shit on CP3 like he does almost every time they ever play each other.

Cp3 is one of the best 2 PG's this but because Rose sat out so many games with injury.
    Rose would have choked on more free throws if he didn't get injured.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu

QFT.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    QFT.
    Not quite frankly true. It's stupid to use Chris Paul's second game with these teammates as the sample. He literally didn't even have a SINGLE practice with this team. Got slaughtered that first week by Spurs+Bulls. Chris Paul got used to his teammates after about a month and his averages skyrocketed.

I'm not saying Rose wouldn't outplay him but 1 H2H game or even multiple is the absolute most stupid way to compare a players season. CP3>Rose this year and quite frankly with the time Rose has missed and Bulls not struggling without him.. he doesn't even really belong in the top 3 PG discussion.