Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Krust Kingz

Default Re: Still not ready to fire Grunwald?

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    All i care for is the win, for all the so called "talent" Isiah brought in... look at what he gave up.

Noah, Aldridge, Nene, Ariza, just to name a few.

Best team the Knicks have had in a decade courtesy of Glen Grunwald, cap expert turned GM.

All i want is for the team to play the way they should.
    [COLOR="Navy"]Listen lets put this IT shat to bed, I dont care about IT. I never said I wanted him back and I didnt bring him up you did. My point being is he had some talented teams thats it, not winners, not championship players etc... I said also he loved to make moves just to make moves and he didnt try to find a quality coach.

The best team in a decade? Dolan/Walsh/Grunwald has done a little bit better. the previous regimes were less than mediocre and this current regime mediocre. But its all in context. Lin's stretch last year got the Knicks into playoff contention from something like 8-15 (fluke), this year role players got the Knicks to 18-5 into the playoff contention (fluke). This regime has been saved by 2 miracles.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 03-01-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]Listen lets put this IT shat to bed, I dont care about IT. I never said I wanted him back and I didnt bring him up you did. My point being is he had some talented teams thats it, not winners, not championship players etc... I said also he loved to make moves just to make moves and he didnt try to find a quality coach.

The best team in a decade? Dolan/Walsh/Grunwald has done a little bit better. the previous regimes were less than mediocre and this current regime mediocre. But its all in context. Lin's stretch last year got the Knicks into playoff contention from something like 8-15 (fluke), this year role players got the Knicks to 18-5 into the playoff contention (fluke). This regime has been saved by 2 miracles.[/COLOR]
    Whats the excitement for?

I've made no remarks to state this team is anything but an above average 47 win team.

But it's better than what we've seen in over a decade from a talent standpoint and record.

Persionally i do think they've overahcieved and mainly because inefficiency rarely wins.

Saying Isiah brought in more talent is stupid. I did read, in no way should Isiah be lauded for bringing in more talent. He brought in almost universally flawed players and players who did not fit with other players. If Grunwald's overriding principle was to bring in simply talent with no rhyme or reason of how it fit then he could upgrade the talent and win less games. just like Isiah did. isiah got Zach Randolph when the Knicks had literally nowhere to play him. That is a "talent" upgrade. And all his talent had shit attitudes. We have more role players filling their roles than probably in all the time Isiah was here combined. We had Marbury, let's get Francis. Crawford too. We had Van Horn filling his role nicely, shipped him out for Tim Thomas. Again, better talent, stupid trade. Isiah also never looked at cap implications.

Is this a title winning team? No, but at least there is a cohesive thought process in what is being done. Don't fire anyone, keep the course and see what happens. If you constantly recycle in new people you never go anywhere or accomplish anything.

Just wait and have some patience. Knick fans look for reasons to be unhappy.
    Last edited by niko; 03-01-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by niko

Is this a title winning team? No, but at least there is a cohesive thought process in what is being done. Don't fire anyone, keep the course and see what happens. If you constantly recycle in new people you never go anywhere or accomplish anything.

Just quoting myself from the other thread. I want this team to live up the hype and prove me wrong. Show me that its an ECF type team even in a weak East

[COLOR="Navy"]Well its March and now I can start to get on this team and coach. If the coach is worth his salt this team should show what this team is the identity should have started establishing itself.

If Stat and Melo are worth anything this team in conjunction with Woody can show the fans something.

IMHO the only players that have shown me anything worth keeping is Stat, Melo, Felton, JR, Chandler but I know the fact is the roster needs a MAJOR upgrade (addition by subtraction works too) but Grummy (Grunwald hasnt impressed me) or a better coach. So the players under multi year deals are not going anywhere most likely ( I can wish Camby and Kidd retires), Grummy most likely isnt going anywhere, Woody most likely isnt going anywhere.

My expectations are different than other fans. I know this team is a 42-44 win team. So for me to say they have to win a 1st round series or go to the ECF I look ridiculous and crazy. I havent seen anything to change that..

I just want to see progress. I just want to see the next 2 years will be better I want hope.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 03-01-2013 at 02:54 PM.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Saying Isiah brought in more talent is stupid. I did read, in no way should Isiah be lauded for bringing in more talent. He brought in almost universally flawed players and players who did not fit with other players. If Grunwald's overriding principle was to bring in simply talent with no rhyme or reason of how it fit then he could upgrade the talent and win less games. just like Isiah did. isiah got Zach Randolph when the Knicks had literally nowhere to play him. That is a "talent" upgrade. And all his talent had shit attitudes. We have more role players filling their roles than probably in all the time Isiah was here combined. We had Marbury, let's get Francis. Crawford too. We had Van Horn filling his role nicely, shipped him out for Tim Thomas. Again, better talent, stupid trade. Isiah also never looked at cap implications.

Your second sentence proves you misread what everyone is saying. He isn't being "lauded" for anything. What everyone is saying is, he brought in a bunch of talent. None of it was cohesive. As Rameek said, he was just getting guys for the sake of getting guys. Nobody fit. All we are saying is, talent wise, Grunwald hasn't put this team together well at all. Thomas failed miserably, but it wasn't for lack of effort. Grunwald's moves have just been lazy/ For instance, I believe today is the last day to waive someone. What are we keeping Rasheed Wallace for?

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Your second sentence proves you misread what everyone is saying. He isn't being "lauded" for anything. What everyone is saying is, he brought in a bunch of talent. None of it was cohesive. As Rameek said, he was just getting guys for the sake of getting guys. Nobody fit. All we are saying is, talent wise, Grunwald hasn't put this team together well at all. Thomas failed miserably, but it wasn't for lack of effort. Grunwald's moves have just been lazy/ For instance, I believe today is the last day to waive someone. What are we keeping Rasheed Wallace for?
    [COLOR="Navy"]You didnt hear about this...

THEY WANT HIM READY FOR HE PLAYOFFS [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]You didnt hear about this...

THEY WANT HIM READY FOR HE PLAYOFFS [/COLOR]
    And he won't even be ready for the 1st round. It's the 2nd round theyre saying smh. For a team that hasnt been out the 1st round in a decade, how do they get the audacity to say something like that?

I said Jared Jeffries sucks...he went to Portland and proved me right.
    I said Jason Kidd sucks...he quit basketball after proving me right
    I said Josh Harrelson sucks....he got traded and proved me right.
    Next stop Pablo Prigioni

One other common denominator in all this. Knickscity was all for all of these moves

STOP LIKING BUMS!!!

I'm with franchize. I'm all for re-signing Prigioni but for vet minimum.
    Mini-MLE is basically our only asset (considering Tyson isn't going anywhere) so we should spend it wisely.

And Felton was much more important than him. He was a beast against Boston in the 1st round and had a solid regular season too.

This thread is a disaster.

They guy inherit a team with $50 millions going to 3 players.

1. He hires Woodson that goes on a 16-8 and it's the winniest Knicks coach in history.
    2. He drafts Shumpert.
    3. He trades for Chandler, making Knicks immediately better.
    4. He brought Lin, we all know how that turned out, so well that he bolted.
    5. he consistently brought cheap ass players that contributed above expected, Novak, Copeland, Prigi, etc...
    6. He signs Jr and Felton to peanuts contracts

7. Brings a former n

Clutch this is all I'm saying lol If we bring back Prigioni for the minimum. I'm completely fine with it. Who are we bidding against though? Like I said before, we're literally at an auction by ourselves raising the paddle.

And Blue vs Orange...I'd hardly consider Novak a success considering Glen Grunwald himself was quoted this week as saying the signing was a mistake lol How was Novak cheap? We paid him 4 million dollars. And need I remind you HOW we obtained Tyson Chandler? Even if you like him (which I don't), we wasted our amnesty on a player right after we picked up his team option. Literally one of the dumbest uses of the amnesty in the league.

Clutch this is all I'm saying lol If we bring back Prigioni for the minimum. I'm completely fine with it. Who are we bidding against though? Like I said before, we're literally at an auction by ourselves raising the paddle.

And Blue vs Orange...I'd hardly consider Novak a success considering Glen Grunwald himself was quoted this week as saying the signing was a mistake lol How was Novak cheap? We paid him 4 million dollars. And need I remind you HOW we obtained Tyson Chandler? Even if you like him (which I don't), we wasted our amnesty on a player right after we picked up his team option. Literally one of the dumbest uses of the amnesty in the league.
    Walsh picked up Billups option immediately after the Knicks got swept, other wise there would have been a 4 mil cap hit AND no player.

Grunwald used the amnesty after the lockout ended almost six month later.

Two different people did two different things, they arent connected.

Walsh picked up Billups option immediately after the Knicks got swept, other wise there would have been a 4 mil cap hit AND no player.

Grunwald used the amnesty after the lockout ended almost six month later.

Two different people did two different things, they arent connected.
    Yea because we couldn't sign players during the lockout...

Anyway, I guess we'll agree to disagree on Grunwald as well. I think he's overpaid far too many players.

Yea because we couldn't sign players during the lockout...

Anyway, I guess we'll agree to disagree on Grunwald as well. I think he's overpaid far too many players.
    All of our players are overpaid.

All of our players are overpaid.
    I disagree but whatever. I don't think Melo, JR, Felton, Shumpert are overpaid. Ironically, I feel like they're the best players on the team. Go figure.