Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: White Student Union

Glad to see starface found his way into this thread.

Now we just need nick young to show up and we will have the top 2 ISH scholars on the oppression of white european americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Glad to see starface found his way into this thread.

Now we just need nick young to show up and we will have the top 2 ISH scholars on the oppression of white european americans.

starface... I figured it was him when he had a meltdown the other day in another thread.... lol

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reef
    Why be proud of your race? It's not like some personal achievement. You had no say in it.
    This exactly. Spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious
    I am not american so I don't know much about the slavery that took place in US but wasn't slavery banned in the 19th century? why would you care about roots 200 years back? you are American now forget about it. Or that is how I see it.
    200 years isnt a long time and it would essentially cut them off from their African roots...Italians and Irish people come to america with roots that go back further than that.. My wife is Italian and she can talk about her roots back to Sicily on her grandmother's side and Northern Italy on her grandfather's side..

Also slaves were sold around and they didnt get to keep track of their roots even when they got here... so that history has been very much interrupted

And that was generations ago.
    Roots are about history... and 200 years isnt much history especially if you are trying to see beyond recent slave history..

How about now though? what purpose does the channel serve now?
    Channel serves the same purpose as any channel now... to make money.. it isnt even black owned any more

I don't know who you two are referring to but if it is me which meltdown and who is Starface?
    Not you.. the Oldskool character

200 years isn't that long
    heck just look at eastern europe where people have hatreds going back 1000's of years

Hungarians hate Romanians
    Greeks hate Macedonians
    Everyone hates Albanians

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    White American guy of Italian descent. He can celebrate, embrace, Italian culture and tradition with his family, friends, ect.
    Asian American person of Korean descent can do the same with their Korean heritage. Same for Hispanics.

Now you go to a black American guy. Where does he go in terms of ancestral culture and traditions?
    Why does he have to go anywhere?

Im a white American and I dont celebrate any nationalistic ancestral culture.

Why not just be American?

But this goes back to the whole "Im liberal so I support equality. But not real equality, compensatory inequality, which doesnt sound good, so I falsely brand it 'equality'".

Liberals. Want to police every American, but cry when America polices anyone else. Awkward...

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious
    American tradition or religious traditions? 200 years is enough of generations to make you American, why would you need other traditions?
    Why would Italians and Irish Asians want to have any culture prior to America then?

Many different groups have rich history and people are proud of it. It doesnt make any sense to just begin your history as an American if there is much more to it... There soo much more and 200 years isnt a long time to build much history

REally not trying to be insensitive to black slavery or the horrible stuff that happened during the years of slavery but 200-300 years with your ancestors in the same country you are as American as it gets or is it looked at another way in America?

People are american, but they are also part of wherever they originally came from.. African Americans are no different..

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Why does he have to go anywhere?

Im a white American and I dont celebrate any nationalistic ancestral culture.

Why not just be American?

But this goes back to the whole "Im liberal so I support equality. But not real equality, compensatory inequality, which doesnt sound good, so I falsely brand it 'equality'".

Liberals. Want to police every American, but cry when America polices anyone else. Awkward...
    Black Nationalism is as north american as First Nations, metis, inuit, etc. it is a group that was created in NA and should be able to preserve their culture.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Be American is fine. But American culture derived from various ancestral cultures. I live in a predominant Irish, Polish and Italian area. A lot of white people here are as proud as their heritage too, not just as Americans. Some still have families in Italy, Ireland, etc that they visit during vacations. They were able to keep that connection from first generation to present.

So my point was...that black people don't have that.

Some do.

Hasheem Thabeet dies a strip of hair to honor the tribe he comes from. He happens to know which one it is. Great.

If you dont know specifically what your cultural heritage is, do you need de facto racial pride? I dont see why you would. Black pride/power is no different than white pride/power. You are celebrating your skin color as if it is something to your credit.
    Last edited by OldSkoolball#52; 06-01-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Some do.

Hasheem Thabeet dies a strip of hair to honor the tribe he comes from. He happens to know which one it is. Great.

If you dont know specifically what your cultural heritage is, do you need de facto racial pride? I dont see why you would. Black pride/power is no different than white pride/power. You are celebrating your skin color as if it is something to your credit.
    Hasheem Thabeet is not an African American

Some do.

African american do have a cultural heritage however that culture was created in the Americas

If a group of white people want an all white group, who really cares? Let them. If you have a problem with that, at least you know who those people are now. I feel the same about Whites Only restaurants. Let people do that if they want, wouldn't you rather know who those guys are openly?

I think there is merit to having exclusive groups based on race or heritage. Sometimes you just want to be around people who understand where you're coming from. Diversity is cool but very overrated in America, given how much it's shoved down our throats in school.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    If a group of white people want an all white group, who really cares? Let them. If you have a problem with that, at least you know who those people are now. I feel the same about Whites Only restaurants. Let people do that if they want, wouldn't you rather know who those guys are openly?

I think there is merit to having exclusive groups based on race or heritage. Sometimes you just want to be around people who understand where you're coming from. Diversity is cool but very overrated in America, given how much it's shoved down our throats in school.
    I want to make a restaurant where bisexual people are not allowed, wouldnt that be totally legit??

I want to make a restaurant where bisexual people are not allowed, wouldnt that be totally legit??
    Yes, I think so

Edit: Why not? It's your restaurant. You own the property, you own the grills, the stoves, the food, and the building itself. What right do I have to say you have to serve me even if you don't want to?
    Last edited by joe; 06-01-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Well, honestly, how would you know that each customer is or is not a bisexual?