Page 150 of 153 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2288
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

https://twitter.com/#!/DanWolken/status/178176632387928065

Sounds like Shaka is going to take Illinois or is leaning that way, from what I hear.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Hell ****ing yes

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I think I may be ok with Jerrence getting the HC job though he needs more experience. If not him, then Shaka Smart please. I know nothing about Reggie except he was terrible with the Kings
    Jerrence would be the last resort if none of the other coaching candidates work out. We need a coach with HEAD coaching experience.

I think I may be ok with Jerrence getting the HC job though he needs more experience. If not him, then Shaka Smart please. I know nothing about Reggie except he was terrible with the Kings
    He did a nice job at New Mexico State. Took over a 6-24 team, led them to 16-14, then 25-9.

Solid recruiter. Jumped to the pros and that Maloof money too quickly.

Illinois could do a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    He did a nice job at New Mexico State. Took over a 6-24 team, led them to 16-14, then 25-9.

Solid recruiter. Jumped to the pros and that Maloof money too quickly.

Illinois could do a lot worse.
    Nebraska might be a better fit for Theus.

They've got good facilities and need someone who can rebuild the program by getting some good out of state talent in there. Theus recruited well as an assistant for Louisville and has the AAU connections. Theus really brought some good talent to NMSU although some of the guys on the team he recruited but they didnt get to play for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Nebraska might be a better fit for Theus.

They've got good facilities and need someone who can rebuild the program by getting some good out of state talent in there. Theus recruited well as an assistant for Louisville and has the AAU connections. Theus really brought some good talent to NMSU although some of the guys on the team he recruited but they didnt get to play for him.
    Chuckling at the idea of Reggie's wardrobe in Husker country.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Chuckling at the idea of Reggie's wardrobe in Husker country.
    Maybe all they need is some "swag".

Yeah, I'd forgotten completely about Theus doing a turnaround at NM State, just remembered him being shitty for the Kings. Don't know anything about the circumstances at NM State.

Izzo went off about it. I like Izzo a lot, but there's really no need to say this kinda stuff in public.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Izzo went off about it. I like Izzo a lot, but there's really no need to say this kinda stuff in public.
    In the words of late, great Bernie Mac, Izzo 'shut the **** up'

Not even in the NIT... that stings.

Comparing a head basketball coach to the president is more egregious than a manager of a firm if you ask me. Besides, no matter what job you work, you will have external factors beyond your control, so you're analogy is just terrible overall.

I know you're a Weber enthusiast, and I can understand that. I hope he succeeds. But sometimes you need to fail to learn your lesson. Everyone does. No one is just a constant hit of success.
    Exactly. Although you are speaking about Weber as if he is some new coach that needs experience.

I am not a "Weber Enthusiast"; I am trying to be the voice of reason. It could be any coach that we had in this situation.

It's a "new era", new AD, both coaches fired... as they say, it's much easier to fire the current coach than it is to make a good hire.

I don't think my analogy is terrible unless you deliberately try to misunderstand it so you can poke holes in it.

If you look at Weber's coaching the Illini as a ten year block, you'd see what I mean. We were really good, then we fell off, and now as we are starting to get back to the correct level of talent, people want to get rid of him. But it's whatever...

I wish Bruce and the Illini well. Frankly, I associate myself more with the Ron/Bruce Illini than I do with this new shit. We'll see if it turns out well.

PS: I also agree with Howard being a coach. It's worth a shot. We've got some great people on the staff.

Double edit: lol, we were trash of course we didn't make the NIT. I think everyone knew that before or they wouldn't have fired Bruce so fast.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Exactly. Although you are speaking about Weber as if he is some new coach that needs experience.
    No. He's an old coach that has experience but no way to make a team win.

I am not a "Weber Enthusiast"; I am trying to be the voice of reason. It could be any coach that we had in this situation.
    And any coach who has performed the way Weber has for the LAST NINE YEARS would've been fired.

It's a "new era", new AD, both coaches fired... as they say, it's much easier to fire the current coach than it is to make a good hire.
    I'm pretty sure that's not the saying. Also I'm sure firing Weber was not easy.

I don't think my analogy is terrible unless you deliberately try to misunderstand it so you can poke holes in it.
    It is if you realize that running a country is much harder/different than running a basketball program.

If you look at Weber's coaching the Illini as a ten year block, you'd see what I mean. We were really good, then we fell off, and now as we are starting to get back to the correct level of talent, people want to get rid of him. But it's whatever...
    There are teams that have much faster turnarounds than Weber. Programs that we can pit ourselves against. Are you telling me we have to go through an 6-8 year turnaround after every great 1-2 years we have? That's really awful. We should be resembling more like Wisconsin who's able to win consistently year after year without having to go through really bad troughs like we do.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I haven't posted in this thread in a while but what happened to TheGame?