Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Assassin's Creed 4

[QUOTE]Ubisoft has confirmed that it will be releasing a new Assassin's Creed title during its next fiscal year. In other words, sometime between April 1st to March 31st 2014. No surprises there, eh?

Excitingly, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has also confirmed that we'll be seeing an all-new assassin in a completely different time period which will be "another major leap forward for the franchise". Though if they keep skipping ahead a couple of hundred years each time, we'll be in the present day by Assassin's Creed 5.

With multiple teams working on different versions of Assassin's Creed games, work on this newest installment has probably already been going on for a year at least

Default Re: Assassin's Creed 4

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    link

Excited, but wish they would have waited a bit longer, or at least hope this time they don't do a yearly release cycle.
    not surprising. even if they dont change anything about the game mechanics the fact there is a new character will make it a must buy for most people.

wonder where it'll take place though. would like to see an ancient civilization like Rome or Greece, or, if modern, maybe late 18th century London

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    not surprising. even if they dont change anything about the game mechanics the fact there is a new character will make it a must buy for most people.

wonder where it'll take place though. would like to see an ancient civilization like Rome or Greece, or, if modern, maybe late 18th century London

London would be cool, but I'm probably just partial to a Jack the Ripper subplot.

The slave culture in Egypt.

The French Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2

Well someone from Ubisoft Brazil said it was Brazil, but Ubisoft hasn't confirmed/denied it.

Personally I want Egypt, early rumors were that we were going back in time for AC3 and since then...I've been pretty interested in it.

Thorpe brought up a good point about London though, so that's kinda intriguing.

I think they need to go with an older civilization. I figure that the story will have to be driven by the need to defeat or control Juno who now has control of the world apparently after the way AC3 ended.

Egypt would be cool. The Egyptian gods could have been a rebel group or something that broke off to fight against Juno and her group back during the first civilization and they may hold the key to defeating her or something.

Hmm.. do they mean an Assassin replacement for Desmond to build on his work? I was under the impression the next game would involve Connor a bit more. I would've thought him going to either London with some involvement from East India Company would be pretty cool.

That said, I'm all for a different character and time frame. This game was good but it wasn't AC2 good. They need to pick someplace with great architecture again IMO.

If its next gen then i wouldn't mind the milking.
    Spoilers in white!
    [COLOR="White"]What I am confused its how are they going to move forward, Desmond is dead and AC3's ending pretty much sealed the deal for the series. Are they rebooting already?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]Edit:
    And the Juno thing, I always thought it was just to end the series on a winning note without a deus ex machina [/COLOR]
    Last edited by CelticBaller; 02-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Well someone from Ubisoft Brazil said it was Brazil, but Ubisoft hasn't confirmed/denied it.

Personally I want Egypt, early rumors were that we were going back in time for AC3 and since then...I've been pretty interested in it.

Thorpe brought up a good point about London though, so that's kinda intriguing.
    free running through favelas would be pretty cool, lot of high rises in Sao Paulo, could be the first game that allows to you to free run massive buildings

i thought about the Egypt setting but the theme has been (with the exception of AC3) picking settings with amazing architecture. I really liked AC2 because of that, it really added a whole new dimension to the game depth.

I wonder if this will be next-gen? probably too soon, but perhaps that's why they are releasing one so soon after AC3. I can't even imagine how awesome AC would look like on next-gen consoles

Not too familiar with the series, played three recently and had a love/hate relationship with the game. The pace was too slow for me. Too much side shit and I kept getting sick from playing the game for some reason.

With that said, what's stopping them from going back in time a doing a once destroyed city like Babylon or something where they can create vast landscapes with immense architecture without being historically inaccurate to the point where they would lose fans.

Imma just point out all of you made fun of me when I said architecture was important in AC, and you all pointed and laughed at mewho's laughing now!?!?!?

Burgz, I agree on Sao Paulo it could be awesome. I wouldn't mind a more free run experience like you said, that could work really well. Rio could have an interesting thing too, with the beaches, I'd actually like to see some sailing come back into gameplay I love that shit.

I think with Egypt you could do the interior of pyramids, the building of pyramids, deal with invaders. Plus there is the Egyptian art to play with, I could see it working fairly well. It wouldn't have the environment of AC2 or even 3, but it could be really solid.

Imma just point out all of you made fun of me when I said architecture was important in AC, and you all pointed and laughed at mewho's laughing now!?!?!?

Burgz, I agree on Sao Paulo it could be awesome. I wouldn't mind a more free run experience like you said, that could work really well. Rio could have an interesting thing too, with the beaches, I'd actually like to see some sailing come back into gameplay I love that shit.

I think with Egypt you could do the interior of pyramids, the building of pyramids, deal with invaders. Plus there is the Egyptian art to play with, I could see it working fairly well. It wouldn't have the environment of AC2 or even 3, but it could be really solid.
    I think the crazy amount of enemies in the cities pissed me off more than anything in 3. Every street had like 10 redcoats on ground and 3 on the roof.

I do think 3 was prob the least accessible but its up there with 2 and Brotherhood for me.

I wouldn't mind Sao Paulo either, but they seem to stick with Euro-centric history, which is understandable when you think about their target audience.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Hopefully it's a Muslim Assassin. Now that would be amazing and awesome for me. But I could care less where it's at as long as the story and the character are awesome. Unlike Connor's annoying and boring ass.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Hopefully it's a Muslim Assassin. Now that would be amazing and awesome for me. But I could care less where it's at as long as the story and the character are awesome. Unlike Connor's annoying and boring ass.
    they already had Altair who is the main character in AC1 and is reused in AC Revelations. most likely won't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I wouldn't mind Sao Paulo either, but they seem to stick with Euro-centric history, which is understandable when you think about their target audience.
    We've been to (pre-) Italy twice, the Middle-East, Turkey and the US. I don't think it's fair to say it's overly Euro-centric at all.