Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #16
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Wright is 6'8'' or 6'6" but still taller than VC, so they should start him at SF

c
it's not all about height you know? it's about weight, strength, ability to rebound, post game, as well as perimter game, and running the floor, etc. besides, Wright may not be talented enough to go against the bigger SFs all game long.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #17
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I'm pretty sure Wright will start. He has a solid jumper and he moves off the ball relatively well. The reason they wont start Marcus is because the Nets will be left without a back up point gaurd. Meaning Jason Kidd will spend more time on the court. With Wright starting, it gives Boki time to rotate in more and he can come in for either VC or Wright, if he came in for Wright, Vince can slide to the two, etc.

Hopefully it works out. I picked up Antoine in some of my fantasy leagues in hoping he starts tearing it up.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #18
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Quote:
The reason they wont start Marcus is because the Nets will be left without a back up point gaurd.

I agree and Im hoping that Adam gets a chance to get on the court now,Id much rather RJ playing but at least this happened at the begining of the year and now the end and it gives our Rookies and Boki, and Wright more playing time and more experience on the court whihc can help us when We make it back to Playoffs.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #19
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

Rod Thorn said RJ supposedly made a miraculous recovery. He may even be ready to play against the Bucks on Wednesday. Does anyone know how true this is?
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #20
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Wow...turns out RJ could be back this week

WASHINGTON -- Though noth ing was announced officially, word came through the president's grapevine yesterday that a miracle recovery is in the works.

In fact, Rod Thorn said this without much solicitation: Richard Jeffer son might actually get his uniform back by midweek.
Advertisement

View Coupon Details

"Richard has incredible recuperative powers," Thorn said before the Nets' 105-93 overtime triumph over the Wizards last night. "The swelling had gone down significantly. He's probably not going to play (tonight against Seattle), but anything after that, I wouldn't be surprised because it's getting better."

Jefferson suffered a Grade 2 sprain in his left ankle Friday night against Miami, but the team has put no timetable on his recovery. The way his ankle rolled over Shaquille O'Neal's foot made Thorn think "he broke his ankle -- he really snapped it over."

While it's extremely unlikely, he still thinks Jefferson could recover in time for Milwaukee's visit Wednesday.

"Anything with that kid, I wouldn't be surprised," Thorn said. Jason Kidd's 18 assists last night were not only an NBA season high, they were an epiphany for Lawrence Frank.

"That first half was as good a floor game as I've ever seen him play," the coach said. "He totally understood the tempo. Even on misses, instead of running out for breaks, he kept us organized. We got off to such a good start because of his organization. I can't put enough emphasis on what he did."

In the first half, the Nets held Washington -- the league's leading offense -- to 36 points on 31.7-percent shooting, while Kidd had more assists (nine) than the entire Wizards team (eight). Eddie Jordan, proud Scarlet Knight, admitted being glued to ESPN Thursday night.

"It was great. It was awesome," the Wiz coach said of his alma mater's football victory over Louisville. "It was a good thing for the program. It reminded me a little bit of when I went back to Rutgers to coach and we won the Atlantic 10 tournament against Penn State (in 1989). They had three bad years be fore that. We had gone from worst to first that year in basketball and they rushed the court on ESPN, so a little bit like that -- but obviously a lot more people." Nenad Krstic shot well from the perimeter last night -- not so well from the paint -- and finished with 22 points (10-for-18) and 10 re bounds, plus a bruised right knee for his troubles.

"It was fine, but in overtime, I felt it," he said. "No big pain. A guy fell down and my foot went to the side." Thorn said he wasn't surprised that Frank has embraced the small lineup so willingly this season.

"We talked about it all summer," he said of his roster-planning meet ings with his coach and GM. "I think he's got confidence in some guys that they could play some now. And he's giving them a chance. No doubt about it, they're getting a chance. Our bench has played well, it really has. And when we get Eddie (House) back, we'll have a guy who can make shots out there. Then we'll have some real good depth." Thorn figures House to return in two weeks. Bill Russell and Bill Walton were in the crowd last night. Both are in town to take part in the ceremony for the Martin Luther King Memorial on the Mall this afternoon. Thorn said he hasn't spoken with Jeff McInnis' agent "in a few weeks." He had given Steve Kauffman permission to broker a deal, but he added, "I would assume that he just hasn't found anything."
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #21
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i don't see that being a real good idea if he has ligament damage. the last thing we need is for him to come back too soon and have it turn into a chronic condition.

it was already teetering on being chronic anyway.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: